• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - November 12th

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. Here's another new stage!! The Mario Circuit stage is modeled after Mario Kart 8, so the course flips upside down."

He also added another picture and comment saying: "On the upside-down course, Shy Guys jump their karts upside-down too!! It's amazing how the course twists on this stage. Of course, the gravity for the fighters will always go downward."

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I know this is veeeeeeeeeeeeery late but blame the sites downtimes during the day.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Most slowpoked POTD post in recent memory lol.

Stage itself looks great.

Last edited:

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
I'd love it if someday, we can look at a stage and not automatically have people scream BANNED. I mean there are actual non-competitive Smash players out there who appreciate everything Smash has to offer, regardless if the stages aren't competitively viable.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Oh my god, the platform has the blue glowing anti-grav wheels.
The attention to detail in this game is insane.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Still a very cool fun ppay as.
I think the DLC are alredy there sooooooo.
POTD need to be mario kart stuff.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Is there a reason why some people are shooting out the word "banned" as soon as they saw this stage?

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
Looks much more playable than Rainbow Road on 3DS. I was not a fan of most stages on 3DS, but the Wii U ones seem good .

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Why is everyone screaming banned?
Isn't this basically (as far as we know currently) Delphino with a few carts (so a bit closer to Halberd)?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
DIS UPDATE TWO SLOW, VENIS. :4sonic:

Joking, but moving on, this stage is awesome. One, it's based off my favorite track in 8, and secondly because it has Shy Guys. Shy Guys are the key to a stage being successful. :4roy:

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
If Valve had to remove gravity shifts in Portal 2, this upside-downside-up nonsense is going to give people brain hemorrhage cancer.

#lukin4ward2smash

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
Way to ruin an otherwise legal stage with those karts.

Bomber913

Smash Cadet
NNID
ferrer3
3DS FC
3523-2231-5548
I'd love it if someday, we can look at a stage and not automatically have people scream BANNED. I mean there are actual non-competitive Smash players out there who appreciate everything Smash has to offer, regardless if the stages aren't competitively viable.

I agree but the competitve scene finally has an answer to this problem. It's called Omega mode.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
I agree but the competitve scene finally has an answer to this problem. It's called Omega mode.
That's not an answer... that's a way out. I think the idea should be: can a stage be competitive given the random stage hazards? I believe it can be. One could argue it takes more skill to use stage hazards as both an offensive and a defensive option... but I digress.

Last edited:

ProfessorTakehiko

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0240-2597
That's not an answer... that's a way out. I think the idea should be: can a stage be competitive given the random stage hazards? I believe it can be. One could argue it takes more skill to use stage hazards as both a an offensive and a defensive option... but I digress.
Like for example, the stage Unova Pokémon League is filled with a lot of craziness thanks to Reshiram & Zekrom. Fire blazing, random Lightning Strikes, the stage rising up & all that jazz.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
That's not an answer... that's a way out. I think the idea should be: can a stage be competitive given the random stage hazards? I believe it can be. One could argue it takes more skill to use stage hazards as both an offensive and a defensive option... but I digress.
I kind of agree, since Playstation All-Stars and Injustice had Stage Hazards for their own stages, as well did Mortal Kombat 4, and most of the stages were pretty much tournament viable, and the hazards (like the Spikes, Turrets and Skulls) were used as skill (or in the case of the skulls, cheap) attacks.

A stage Hazard is not cancerous, like people may think. Sure, it may be a peeve, but it's also easy to avoid the hazards themselves, so why would people bother in making all stages, which are available in the game, banned?

The game, whether or not you're competitive, is supposed to be fun, and it goes for the entirety of the series. Just because a stage is too large doesn't mean it's a bad stage, because a stage has hazards, doesn't mean it's a bad stage...and especially...

Just because a stage has walk-offs doesn't mean it should be banned.
(I'm looking to you guys against Gerudo Valley here.)

Omegascizor456

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aldog12
3DS FC
2449-5093-2142
even though we have already saw these from gamexplain and other things but i mean it looks beautiful and sakurai knows that not every one watches those poeple who got to try it early so he must keep everyone else up to date:D BUT nevertheless probably really hype picture for peole who missed it or didnt know!:D

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
stage looks nice... i guess there won't be a final destination version of this... I don't like the Shy Guy's interrupting the fight. No hazards plz.

Top Bottom