• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - May 5th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. You can get up on the lights of this special ring. It's a perfect secret hiding place."

He also included a second picture saying "And you can attack the lights and have them fall to the ground! That makes things dark. The lights are way up high, but even Little Mac can get up there by jumping off the ropes."

TingleZC

Smash Cadet
Interesting.

At least it isn't a close up of Luigi's nose or something.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
This is actually pretty cool in my opinion, partly because this could be like a one ime stage hazard.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Can we all just admire, for a moment, that Sakurai somehow took one of the most classic, basic settings for a fight in all of fiction, and made it a stage that we're gonna end up banning because he somehow came up with a stage hazard for it?

A boxing ring always sounded like the next perfect tourney-legal stage, but now, instead of beating the lights out of each other, people are gonna beat the lights out of the stage instead :laugh:

Not that all this is a knock against the stage concept, it does at least look rather fun.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
The stage would have been banned anyway since it's a walk-off.

I must say, it's an...interesting hazard. If it's a one-time thing that doesn't sound so bad. Now the stage is slightly more interesting than a generic boxing ring. Interesting...

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
Now watch as videos will start popping up of matches being played here with WWE commentary. Cheesy WWE wresting matches confirmed for Smash.

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
Well, that makes it different from the Little Mac stage, I guess.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Is anyone else curious to see what the Final Destination form of this stage will be? Maybe a ring that is risen up higher, with the ropes taken off. Also the lights would be sent to the background so it would still be lit, but not a hazard. Just a thought.

I was really looking forward to this stage being tourney-legal...
The ropes were already a hazard. The act as walls and springs, which is comparable to Pictochat(love the stage but it has no place in a tournament setting).

Last edited by a moderator:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I hope there will be a FD version of this stage. Like Italian Ninja already said, i hope these lights can be in the background there cuz they look nice. If it is a one time hazard then it sucks but they could just respawn... Nintendologically seen...

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
I hope there will be a FD version of this stage. Like Italian Ninja already said, i hope these lights can be in the background there cuz they look nice. If it is a one time hazard then it sucks but they could just respawn... Nintendologically seen...
New lights could be lowered from the sky, like they are being replaced with new ones.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
What if this is only in the smash version of this stage? (then again, i doubt it)

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I honestly think we're way too quick to ban things.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
So because there is an additional platform above the stage that you can simply destroy if it causes issue and people are now banning the stage?
What the hell?

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
The ropes were already a hazard. The act as walls and springs, which is comparable to Pictochat(love the stage but it has no place in a tournament setting).
Fair enough. I thought it had potential as a counterpick but I can see why it wouldn't be the best stage out there. IIRC it has walk-offs too and we all now what the Smash community thinks of those :p

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Love it. Banning stages before the game is out.

Do you guys know why stages with walk off were banned in brawl and melee?

Some of the best CPs have hazzards in both games!

Try the stage or at the very least understand the game, before you start banning stages based on screen shots. If you are getting hit by the falling lights in a 1v1 I don't think you were going to win the match in the first place...

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
This stage would be perfect for K. Rool :O
Oh man, he's one of my biggest picks that haven't been referenced yet!

Love it. Banning stages before the game is out.

Do you guys know why stages with walk off were banned in brawl and melee?
Walk-offs were banned because characters could get chain-thrown to their deaths, or waveshined for that matter.

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Sure, let's completely ignore the fact that not having a lower blastzone completely obliterates an entire set of KO options and nullifies edge-guarding which severely hurts all characters and makes some barely able to function.

No, keep yelling about how tournament players band everything in sight without a single thought, while putting no thought into why such bans are carried out besides "Hazards shot my parents".

Imbeciles.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
New lights could be lowered from the sky, like they are being replaced with new ones.
Well, it seems there's some sort of a bridgewalk up there... I don't believe the intire bridge will be replaced... just the lights i think...

It's not like this stage isn't going to have a pseudo FD version as well.
Well, in the direct, Sakurai didn't say ALL of the stages will have their FD replica. So i guess there's a couple of stages where it's not possible... (like stages where you'll get a tour through some area) Or maybe because these stages have other stages of the same franchise that it would be double.. Sakurai mentioned that he just wanted to give the competitive section what the game has to offer besides the main FD stage.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Back in Brawl I had the exact same concept for the boxing ring stage when I made it with the Stage Builder. The fact that you could even go "hide" above the lights.

Well, the only thing I didn't think of was falling lights, lol. That's a pretty interesting twist.

Last edited:

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
Cue flashback to Donkey Kong 64.

Last edited:
Top Bottom