• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - May 30th

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
hahaha I think this is awesome. I can just imagine playing Samus and highlighting someone it will look like her projectiles have locked on so when it hits its going to make it a little bit more epic for me.

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
They seem to be adding alot of visual cues to the 3ds version. Is it really gonna be that hard to see on it? Just looking at these pictures, it doesn't seem that terribly difficulty to make out what's going on. Maybe it's just me though. IDK

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
To everyone jokingly saying that Link took the most damage, so he's low tier: Link is actually the only one who didn't get KOed. Link god tier confirmed.

On a serious note... this is a pretty cool feature. I feel like I'm going to get targeted a lot lol.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
'RIDLEY' can fit in those name spaces. Ridley Confirmed?

I like this target system... could be handy in chaotic battles but kina useless in 1 vs 1. I don't think I'm gonna use this feature, but nice to be in there anyways.

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
So are teliports effectively unsafe on the 3DS now? Or would the highlight curser teliport along with them?

Fig Newton

Smash Cadet
NNID
Figglypuff
This is really nice! I believe it makes sense that since each player will have their own screen, they can toggle between highlighting characters. While it may hinder characters that utilize evasiveness such as Zelda and Shiek, I don't think this will be a major problem because the game will be moving at a rapid pace that it will not be that noticeable. I think this is better when it is used in free-for-all battles rather than 1v1 as battles with four players tend to be chaotic and thus I believe Sakurai is simply trying his hardest to appeal to the casual audience to help them improve their ability as a Smasher.

SmashCast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EpicPJ516
The bottom screen actually looks pretty cool. I like it, considering there is no other real use for the bottom screen.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
I'm really curious as to what the bottom screen will look like with less than four players in the game.
I expect that it will divide it in half for two players, and I feel like for three, there will be an empty space where a fourth would be, or one is huge while the others are smaller halves. I am just imagining things like Mario Kart and such where they divide up the screens.

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
LOL, are people actually thinking this is going to be such a lock-on feature? When I saw this feature, I just thought this is just a visual cue, or something that causes the camera to act like in a 1x1 when you focuses a character during a free-for-all.
Buddy, this is on the 3DS. I'm sure no one's going to trying to use advanced tactics or actual competitive play on the casual version of Smash.
How cheeky that some people still blindly thinks that the 3DS version will not be competitive just because is handheld.

MelchizedekVD

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3153-4632-2309
Can't wait to see how small the text will be for Mr. Game and Watch. Font size 6! Or anyone with longer names

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
I expect that it will divide it in half for two players, and I feel like for three, there will be an empty space where a fourth would be, or one is huge while the others are smaller halves. I am just imagining things like Mario Kart and such where they divide up the screens.
Or they will just be the full height of the screen, but one-third the width, so that the bottom screen doesn't ever have any blank space. That makes the most sense to me.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Or they will just be the full height of the screen, but one-third the width, so that the bottom screen doesn't ever have any blank space. That makes the most sense to me.
Yeah, I meant it to be that vertically it will always be the same, just that the width varies. I agree that it makes the most sense to divide it into thirds, just that I'm not sure that it will be like that based on past games. Looking at the Wii U for Mario Kart 8, however, gives me new hope for the displays on 3DS and Wii U for these types of screens. :)

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
I wonder if these will keep targeting the opponent no matter how fast they go. So basically, say your opponent is at 999% Damage, and you target them and they get hit; will it follow them or will it be unable to do so?

Top Bottom