• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - May 26th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Here's a look at the revival platforms. The color of the bottom mechanism changes from yellow to red to warn you how much time you have left before you drop into the fray."

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Jesus, they're putting thought into just about EVERYTHING. Seriously, I don't think there's a single part of the old games that isn't getting at least a minor revamp or rework or update. The dedication this team is showing is crazy.

Whoops, double post.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Subtle changes like these are why I think this game has serious potential.

The attention to detail is clearly there this time, which is something Brawl obviously lacked.

Gombukelp

Smash Apprentice
Wow, just look at the amount of detail. This reminded me of how much I want Board The Platforms to return! It would be such a nice addition. That and all the characters should have their own Brake The Targets level again.

Xganz32

Smash Rookie
That sunset though! This is great, every little detail just makes the hype for this game grow and grow. Also, Dedede is still large and in charge I see!:4dedede:

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
Wow, just look at the amount of detail. This reminded me of how much I want Board The Platforms to return! It would be such a nice addition. That and all the characters should have their own Brake The Targets level again.
How I miss board the platforms. We can only hope

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
This game is looking to easily be the best in the series.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I love how DeDeDe is in awe of a single leaf floating by. The attention span of this man seems to have been nerfed.

King D3 for low tiers.

Last edited:

melito

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Melito37
The platforms itself look very cool..is a nice addition to know when your respawn is done. They thinking of everything this time

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Game has so much attention to detail. Smash Bros. games have always had a good attention to detail, but now more than ever, Sakurai is going all out.

It kinda makes me think that his may truly be his last Smash Bros. he will make and he's trying to go out with a bang.

Sir Skaro

Smash Apprentice
I'm very happy about how much work is going into the smallest of details in this game, but I'm really curious about the changes (big and small) being made to the physics engine. I doubt that Sakurai will post anything about that aspect of the game, but I'd really like some daily pictures showing off some of the technical tweaks of Smash 4.

Brilliant platforms by the way. Does anyone else agree that they looks like something out of Halo 4, though?

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Like everybody has been saying, the attention to detail in this game is astounding. I love how Sakurai really isn't copping out on anything. I'm loving it all, every last bit.

Nintendo love. <3

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
How visible will the indicators be from far away? Only concern I have is that it may be difficult to see from normal distance.

Otherwise I really like this addition. Super helpful. It'll tell me how much time I have to avoid Super Sonic.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Game has so much attention to detail. Smash Bros. games have always had a good attention to detail, but now more than ever, Sakurai is going all out.

It kinda makes me think that his may truly be his last Smash Bros. he will make and he's trying to go out with a bang.
I hope this isn't the last one... Now, seeing you type that makes it a possibility. If there is ever a future Smash Bros, lets hope Sakurai will have some form of development with it.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - May 22nd6th

God dammit Warchamp. But jeez, Sakurai is paying a lot of attention to so many things.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Pretty cool. This reminds me of in Brawl when they had the controller shake when Bowser walked.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
the only thing that needs more detail is Villager.
Actually, I don't think that's true. The style of the villager is in the art style of the game that he/she is from. I feel like if they changed the art style and details associated with him, it wouldn't be the villager anymore.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
The hammer D3 is holding is almost larger than WFT herself!! He is freaking massive looking like a big threat!

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Can I say I'm impressed? Not just about the revival platforms--even though the changing colors on the bottom are a really helpful addition--but the fact that no one so far has flipped out about the fact that today's pic isn't about Ike. Props, guys.

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
Can I say I'm impressed? Not just about the revival platforms--even though the changing colors on the bottom are a really helpful addition--but the fact that no one so far has flipped out about the fact that today's pic isn't about Ike. Props, guys.
WHY ISNT IT A PIC OF IKE ****ING SAKURAI AAAAAHHH!

WORST GAME DIRECTOR EVAR 0/10

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Smash have details especially melee in combat and brawl in the background, But, Sakurai is just udptadeting anything possible every freaking little details I can't think of!?

This Smash is Just that massive.

Tacblack

Smash Apprentice
They really are thinking of everything. How could this game go wrong?

NFTsmasher

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shoob24
Wow. I know there's some perspective at work here, but Dedede's hammer looks HUGE! Or Wii Fit Trainer is actually pretty short/small.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Actually, I don't think that's true. The style of the villager is in the art style of the game that he/she is from. I feel like if they changed the art style and details associated with him, it wouldn't be the villager anymore.
have you played smash before? If so, you can see nice details in mario's Clothing instead of the plastic shaded colors he has in every single mario game... Why can't they add more detailed texture to these horrible characters called villager then? Cuz artstyle from the original game is kinda ignored in several cases.

What's wrong with DK? I think he's furry enough... he's just a big ugly ape like always :)

Last edited:

Flic Rair

Smash Rookie
have you played smash before? If so, you can see nice details in mario's Clothing instead of the plastic shaded colors he has in every single mario game... Why can't they add more detailed texture to these horrible characters called villager then? Cuz artstyle from the original game is kinda ignored in several cases.

What's wrong with DK? I think he's furry enough... he's just a big ugly ape like always :)
Messing with villager's design is akin to messing with G&W's design. No matter how advanced the technology has gotten Villager has had the same design basis. Mario has changed over the years to match the new technology.

popsofctown

Smash Champion

That's because Mario has varying amounts of detail in each of his games, so he doesn't have any fixed traditional amount of detail.

Characters with very similar amounts of detail in every game they've ever had, like Game and Watch (lol), Toon Link, and Ice Climbers show up with similar amounts of detail as before (Ice Climbers are made 3D, but we don't see every single stitch in their parkas or anything).

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
Your point doesn't really hold up, just look at ZSS. Zelda, and the Earthbound characters. They look very little like their game incarnations.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Your point doesn't really hold up, just look at ZSS. Zelda, and the Earthbound characters. They look very little like their game incarnations.
I'd like to disagree with that. Honestly, with the exception of Mr. Game and Watch, all of those characters had two dimensional incarnations first that they then switched to three dimensions. Ness looks like a three dimensional representation in the other smash bros games, ZSS actually is really accurate in relation to more recent games and not too far off from the animation, and Zelda has been using her twilight colors, which are represented accurately as well.

More so than that, I also referred just to the villager in the post. I know they've played with the graphics on some of the characters, but the villager legitimately wouldn't look like the villager if they changed the art style he was depicted as.

have you played smash before? If so, you can see nice details in mario's Clothing instead of the plastic shaded colors he has in every single mario game... Why can't they add more detailed texture to these horrible characters called villager then? Cuz artstyle from the original game is kinda ignored in several cases
To answer your question, yes I have. All of them, all purchased on release day. To the second question, other people have covered my point pretty well, especially @ Flic Rair Flic Rair , because messing with some character's designs makes them not their character anymore, while changing Mario around is nothing new. Nintendo changes Mario's detail every game. The villager hasn't changed through his games at all, other than the smoothing of edges.

Top Bottom