• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - March 30th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Luigi might be thinking, "Who would've thought I'd get to show off the Poltergust in Super Smash Bros.?!" Wondering if it's going to suck something in? Yeah, it probably will."

Last edited by a moderator:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Hopefully this means less LANDMASTER!!! I'm also wondering if it means Lucario and possibly Jigglypuff will have new Final Smashes...

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
So we have confirmed Veteran Final Smash changes.

Looking forward to the Palutena reveal.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
This isn't a confirmed Final Smash.
It probably is, but for all we know, Sakurai just decided to take a picture of one of Luigi's new specials while having a Smash Ball. :applejack:

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
I'm going to hold onto the hope that its just his down special, while having the aura of the smash ball. After all you can still use the Up, Down, and Over specials while still glowing with the effect of the smash ball. Until he out right says this is his new final smash, I'm not going to believe it is.
It probably is, but for all we know, Sakurai just decided to take a picture of one of Luigi's new specials while having a Smash Ball. :applejack:
This is exactly what I'm hoping the case is.

Last edited:

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
That could be the case, however take notice of the background. Everything is pretty dark. Which normally only occurs once the Final Smash is activated.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
That could be the case, however take notice of the background. Everything is pretty dark. Which normally only occurs once the Final Smash is activated.
Not really, the screen goes dark the second someone breaks the Smash Ball. The screen is dark because Luigi has it in his position, not because hes using it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If I'm not mistaken, outside of the Luigi Cyclone, Luigi has pretty much shown all of his special moves, so the Poltergust 5000 has to be a Final Smash move.

Shamoz

Smash Cadet
Could be a final smash, but could also be a down B thats a counterpart to the FLUDD. Either way, glad to finally see this move. I was always wondering why it wasn't in SSBB

NoPLo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NoploSnowman
I'm pretty sure this is his Final Smash, since he probably wouldn't perform such a flashy posture if that was a regular special move.

Ividboy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ividboy
3DS FC
4098-4898-5270
Man... no more ZA WARUDO final smash. The poltergeist should be used as a moving ranged grab (only moving slowly though) I think that would buff him a lot and that would make a lot of sense

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I have to wonder if we will be able to move around with this move, or if it is a stand still move that just has a ton of range. I'd rather the former.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
If I'm not mistaken, outside of the Luigi Cyclone, Luigi has pretty much shown all of his special moves, so the Poltergust 5000 has to be a Final Smash move.
Do you realize how silly that sounds? "Down special hasn't been show, yet poltergust has to be a final smash." Down special is the only one of his special moves that most people thought the poltergust could fill. The jury's still out, even if it's most likely a final smash.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Do you realize how silly that sounds? "Down special hasn't been show, yet poltergust has to be a final smash." Down special is the only one of his special moves that most people thought the poltergust could fill. The jury's still out, even if it's most likely a final smash.
If Luigi poses with the Poltergust every single time he uses it, then damn, that is one slow attack.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Would've prefered if it was his Down B but I guess this also works.

Scoot

Smash Cadet
I WAS SCREAMING FOR THIS TO HAPPEN!! ABSOLUTELY SCREAMING!!

I don't understand why this wasn't the logical choice for brawl but I'm happy it's in the game.

Last edited:

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
It's about time. Luigi's old final smash made such little sense and seemed like something that would have been in Melee, when Luigi didn't have an identity. By the era of Brawl, Luigi's personality was much more fleshed out and he was far from "living in his brother's shadow" at the time.

Last edited:

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
With this new Final Smash, Luigi's opponents won't have a GHOST of a chance of winning!

I'll go sit in the corner of shame now. ;-;

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
If you look at where DK is, this could be the camera change that happens during the activation of a final smash.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
One of the best updates so far. Most people in the Luigi subforum were hoping for the Poltergust 5000 to be in his moveset is some form as was I.

Top Bottom