• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - March 18th

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
Ooo, another stage that will I won't be able to play on in a competative game. Mmmmm.
why are you so concerned, most of the time the roster selection is small anyway. Smash isn't always about being competitive you know, learn to have fun instead

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Well, it's not Rainbow Road, it's Rainbow Cruise or Rainbow Ride. Rainbow Road is a stage in Mario Kart, and looks nothing like Rainbow Ride. Road takes place in space, we saw it in Rosalina's release trailer. Rainbow Ride, for the sake of information, needed or not, is a stage in Super Mario 64 and Super Mario 64 DS.
I'M SO SORRY TO UPSET YOU BY MISTAKING THE WORD RIDE FOR ROAD... IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN, I PROMISE! PLEASE DONT HURT ME!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
He was talking about the stage where you fight R.O.B. in the single-player modes. It is named after the game.

I loved this update! This stage looks really cool. I wonder if the Wii U version will have a "Super Mario 3D World" stage.
I'm hoping we get "Bowser Land", based on the place from 3D World. If only for it's AMAZING theme.

I'm pretty sure the Super Mario Galaxy stage will be called just that, though, as it draws inspiration from both Galaxy games and features various set pieces in the background.

I also think the Mario stages are shaping up to be among the most interesting looking ones so far.

Domo-dono

Smash Cadet
NNID
K3ptSecret
3DS FC
4425-2815-8686
This is going to be very exciting! I can't wait to play this game!

The Super Smash Bros. series competitive play isn't the main focus of the games, as it's a Party-Game/Fighter hybrid. Who cares if this stage is tourney legal or not? People who are able to enjoy the game as a whole, and love it for all the features it has, are Nintendo's main target audience, and the people who play smash competitively are the last things on Nintendo's minds.
There's an interview where Sakurai discusses a bit of his take on his focus for Brawl, and how that focus is different for this game. I can guarantee you that the competitive scene is not the 'Last' thing that is being considered for this title.

But you do have a point. Tourney legal or not, if it is stunningly beautiful and supports the franchise and the fanbase, then it doesn't matter all that much whether it is tourney legal. Plus, with the tweaks to edge-guarding and whatever else Sakurai has up his sleeve, stage selection might not be quite a huge factor for the competitive scene anyway. Who knows?

Qsmash

Smash Cadet
I love stages like this where platforming and action really come together.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
i love this post. Sakuari giving a little bit extra for the fans, i love it. I am not a fan of the side scrolling stage but it might be cool.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I woke up this morning and I was scrolling down while reading, just thinking to myself "Oh a second pic, cool. Wow a third? Holy hell a fourth!?"

It may no be the biggest news, but it's cool to see that much detail in a post. Reminds me of le dojo.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Mega Man: "YO KIRBY LETS GO ON A JUMPIN'N'SHOOTIN' ADVENTURE!!!!!!!!"

Kirby: "...Poyo?"

Tyler Ruziak

Smash Cadet
I don't know, maybe World 1? The Overworld?
Eeehhh.. tha wouldn't be a hot name either. using the title may look stupid the first time, but we can get over it later. It aint easy thinking of stage names in situations like these.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I don't know, maybe World 1? The Overworld?
I wouldn't go with those names because they're very generic and could fit multiple games. Maybe "Mushroom Kingdom 3D" or just "3D Land" would sound better than having the game title.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
why are you so concerned, most of the time the roster selection is small anyway. Smash isn't always about being competitive you know, learn to have fun instead
"Learn to have fun instead"...instead...I have more fun playing competative Smash than I do on almost any other game, and I have a lot more fun playing competatively than I would on a side-scrolling stage with items on in an all-against-all.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
@ Psymon Psymon : Yes, because beating people in a fighting game, and then rubbing it in their face while insulting them on their game play skills is Absolutely Riveting! Really you competitive players are just a jolly good bunch aren't you?

Last edited:

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
"Learn to have fun instead"...instead...I have more fun playing competative Smash than I do on almost any other game, and I have a lot more fun playing competatively than I would on a side-scrolling stage with items on in an all-against-all.
Well if that's the way you have fun, then I guess I feel like Smash to you is different than a lot of people. Playing competitively shouldn't be your only cause of having fun in Smash but if it is. I guess good on you? We will be having fun with the wacky stages

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
@ Psymon Psymon : Yes, because beating people in a fighting game, and then rubbing it in their face while insulting them on their game play skills is Absolutely Riveting! Really you competitive players are just a jolly good bunch aren't you?
A sweeping generalisation of the competitive community...you can play competitive Smash Bros. and still be a decent human being. I'd never rub it in someone's face if I beat them, that's a d*ckish thing to do.
And by 'competitive', I mean 3-stocks, no items, on stages that allow players to express themselves and their show their skills without having to play the stage itself (e.g. walking forward constantly on Mushroomy Kingdom) I have fun playing the game by using skill and style to win, and I share that passion with a lot of friends. I'm not saying that it's the best way to play, or that other ways are 'wrong', but, to me, the stage doesn't seem appealing.
...can we drop this now?

Last edited:

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Why so dramatic? It foesn't look like it at all, and if it did, why would that be a bad thing? I loved the Subspace a lot.
I'm such a huge tourneyfag, I hope that explains things.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
It pains me to think this stage may not be tourney legal. It looks like a lot of fun.
If it's anything like Rainbow Cruise, chances are we'll be putting it tourney legal for a year or two and then cutting it out. lol

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
yes, it does actually ^^'
Rainbow Ride/Cruise is in the sky, you can see a blue sky, lots of clouds, while Road is in outer space. So, in name, yes, they do look alike, but in design, they are completely different, and I was going by design.

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
yes, it does actually ^^'
Oh, I am sorry about that, I thought you were saying yes it does about my post saying that Rainbow Ride and Rainbow Road do not look alike. As for your humorous apology, I'm a video game nerd, what do ya expect? XD I didn't wish to imply being mad about anything, though.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
did you know you can click reply at multiple posts to multiquote? It would prevent having to quadruple post ;-)

Top Bottom