• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - June 2nd

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Here's a new Wii U stage, Mushroom Kingdom U! It brings to life the worlds of New Super Mario Bros. U." He included a second picture saying "When Kamek casts a spell, the stage transforms drastically! That said, this is not what you would call a moving stage…

…By the way, this stage will be playable in the demo version of the game for E3, a game expo that starts on June 10 in Los Angeles."

Last edited by a moderator:

proxibomb

Smash Clown
It would be great if this stage had a transition from Kamek of every world from New Super Mario Bros. U!

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hm...not sure if this helps the chances of a Bowser World stage, or hurts the chances of a Super Bell Hill stage...or maybe both?

Either way, I'm happy I'm be playing it in two weeks.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
God damn, all these new stages look like they would be so much fun to slide around on with Wavelands, there's sooo many options!

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I called it! And since Sakurai said it brings to life the worlds of New Super Mario Bros. U, I think it will have a variant for each world.

Louis Drust

Smash Rookie
This is the kind of changing stage I can really get behind. It changes a lot in the stage, but keeps the actual platforms simple and spaced well so it won't make the match crappy when the stage switching occurs.

Xganz32

Smash Rookie
Ugh, This game is beautiful, I can’t wait to actually play it!

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
The level of denial people will reach within moments of unfortunate news is staggering.
im just stating possibility for them i could care less

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
From a competitive point of view, I honestly think that this stage will still be able to be played on. Looking at the original place stage, I think it would be a neutral pick, but with the changes, it makes things shaky. I personally hope this still to be on the competitive table as a stage to use.

Now for the normal player view. This game and this stage so far look absolutely beautiful. I always found transforming stages as entertaining and interesting to play on. It forces people to change their play style based on what is around them. I think this place will be a whole lot of fun to play on, even if I'm just gaping at the amazing detail on the stage.

Keep them coming Nintendo, you're doing awesome.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Haven't played Super Mario Bros. U yet, so I don't know how this world works. But, will the geysers rise and fall at points to create new platforms?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The level of denial people will reach within moments of unfortunate news is staggering.
I got banned off of Miiverse last night for just that reason. Welp, that's 2 weeks more of waiting.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
This should be interesting, I wonder how the water will work in a fight
I'm hoping that the water will work kind of like it does in the game, where if you walk through it, you're pushed to the top. It could make for some interesting chases and combos!

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
I don't think this will be competitively viable. Those Mario blocks in the first pic look solid; meaning you can probably bounce off the bottom. Like in the ones in Melee.

The second pic has that spiked thing which most likely deals damage, so...I do like the stage though, I feel like I'll be playing on it a lot.

(Being as negative as possible till E3 so I can create perfect hype for myself by postulating worst-case scenarios)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Funny, I just got NSMBU on Friday.

Looks really nice, if only NSMBU actually looked this nice, I might have gotteb into it sooner. Still haven't really played it since I only got it with MK8 as part of the promotion.

Still hoping for a Bowser World stage though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't think this will be competitively viable. Those Mario blocks in the first pic look solid; meaning you can probably bounce off the bottom. Like in the ones in Melee.

The second pic has that spiked thing which most likely deals damage, so...I do like the stage though, I feel like I'll be playing on it a lot.

(Being as negative as possible till E3 so I can create perfect hype for myself by postulating worst-case scenarios)
You could actually go trough the Stretch Blocks in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. As for the Mega Urchins, I'm pretty sure that they'll be almost indestructible, since only invincibility can defeat them in their game appearances.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
that stage looks like one of the stages on super smash bros flash game (fanmade game) iirc. Just the first pic.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Best stage name ever.
Just slap a "U" on there.
Anyways, this does seem like a pretty cool stage, and I like how they made it a changing stage without it actually moving.

There still better be a Bowser stage, wether that be Bowser World or the iconic Bowser's Castle.

I feel like Bowser Jr's chances have been boosted because of this.
How so?

Last edited:

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Hm, it seems like most of the stages revealed so far have some sort of "changing" gimmick. That's not much of a problem for me, since I love an occasional crazy Smash battle, but now I can see why Sakurai added a Final Destination version to almost every stage.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Lol the water spout doesn't give a crap about physics, it just goes right through the stage
things like that actually bother me tbh... It looks stupid when physics are ignored like that... there are some characterthings on this subject also which I 'm bothered by...

But hey, great stage nonetheless... I guess it's kinda Castle-Siege inspired... changing over time only this time caused by Kamek's spell... great idea! I'm curious about other looks for this stage... A Bowser's Castle look wouldn't do any harm :p

Top Bottom