• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - June 23rd

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Is this a match made in heaven? Remember, no matter how big you may be, there is always someone bigger."

D

Deleted member

Dammit Sakurai, you definitely have no pity for the poor Ridley supporters. :(

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
I don't really know much about either character's backgrounds, but there are so many ways to interpret that caption, and I'm not sure how I feel about them lol

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Shame on you Sakurai, Rosalina's chest size is FINE the way it is.

Last edited:

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
New stage or a stage boss? Idk what is going on in this image lol and what this means.
Other than knowing that Rosalina & her Luma are staring at a pixel like fairy princess thing.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Lame pic about a lame stage. At least, based on what we've seen which makes it look like we're literally fighting on the entirety of Pac-Land. Hopefully this is just a slow start.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Between this update and the the other one back in March where Sakurai also talked about how character sizes didn't matter or something like that, I'd say Ridley is playable and that boss Ridley in the Pyrosphere stage is just going to act as the Toon Link of the Wii-U version in the sense that if someone is playing as Ridley in the stage, boss Ridley is going to be replaced by one of Ridley's many clones.

Sir Skaro

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai: "Hmmm, I COULD show everyone the work I've done on Mewtwo and Ridley, but my 4 year-old just made this amazing picture in Paint. I think I'll show that instead?... Yes, I will."

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
It's Sonic the Hedgehog's 23rd Birthday. Well in Australia at least. I wonder if tomorrow we will get a special Sonic the Hedgehog pic of the day :)

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
It's Sonic the Hedgehog's 23rd Birthday. Well in Australia at least. I wonder if tomorrow we will get a special Sonic the Hedgehog pic of the day :)
...I share my birthday with Sonic?! What does this mean...I've never even touched him in Brawl/PM. What do.

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
This stage is a ****ing eyesore.
Seriously, who thought this was a good idea?
Thankfully, I wasn't the only one thinking this. It's fine to be funny Sakurai, but let's not make the game scratch out my eyes to death.

ZanZero

Smash Apprentice
Agreed, worst stage in smash history.
Thankfully, I wasn't the only one thinking this. It's fine to be funny Sakurai, but let's not make the game scratch out my eyes to death.
Seriously. They couldn't think of any other Pac-Man game to rip a stage from? They had to choose this? It's disappointing, seeing as the 3ds stage is actually pretty cool.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I personally kind of like it. I don't love it but I think it has a certain charm. Plus, it's kind of refreshing to have a something a little bit different than what we are used to. I love the idea of a HD Labrynth Tron-like stage but I'm alright with this one.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
this looks horrible to say the least... I'm not a big fan of the retro pixelworks... it's funny somewhere, but this is way too much in the attention... not suitable on an HD screen... it's gonna hurt many eyes...

ZanZero

Smash Apprentice
I personally kind of like it. I don't love it but I think it has a certain charm. Plus, it's kind of refreshing to have a something a little bit different than what we are used to. I love the idea of a HD Labrynth Tron-like stage but I'm alright with this one.
I've watched Pac-Land or whatever in action a couple times, and in all honesty this will probably be a pretty cool traveling stage. A lot of the hazards in Pac-Land will transfer over very nicely to smash, but even still, theres just something about the way it looks that is just... bad, to me at least. It's probably the fact that it kinda just looks like you're standing in a picture, there isn't really a defined stage of any sort. I'll try to hold my judgement for now, at least until I can try it hands on.
Edit: also, 100th post! Woot wooot!

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina is about 7'7", based on one of the DeviantART user's findings...

This basically means that she's about as tall as Mega Mewtwo X, while being slightly taller than Ganondorf, who's 7'6". And following Sakurai's description, there are Pokemon who outsize Rosalina, such as Rhyperior, who is 7'10", and Beartic, who's 8'6". Even Bowser and Donkey Kong are taller than Rosalina by a couple inches if one were to follow my size comparison images.

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Rosalina confirmed for cosmic lesbian.

D

Deleted member 245254

I don't know how any of you got Ridley out of this...he was clearly playing on the fact that Rosalina has been observed to be massively tall so far in Smash.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Just make the green fairy have Samus's face, and this is perfect!
Your wish is my command.

image.jpg

Sorry about the crappy quality. I'm using an iPhone app to do this, and it lowers the quality of the image every time you add a new picture.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
now make the luma a metroid and this is finished... after the finish, make it a planet zebes stage and a new metroid will be confirmed

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I don't know how any of you got Ridley out of this...he was clearly playing on the fact that Rosalina has been observed to be massively tall so far in Smash.
You're reaching if you think this has anything to do with Ridley.
Just because of the big comment being so general.
If it was just about Rosalina, he could have said, "Rosalina may be tall, but she is not the tallest!"

The fact that he said, "No matter how big you are...." makes it more generalized.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Or in general. She's taller than Ganondorf canonically.

------

This level looks like it was made in MS Paint:

Last edited:
Top Bottom