• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - June 19th

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Rewatch the video again. He throws it on the ground from the air.
No that is because he throws it underneath himself so he gets on top of it. I think it is to prevent Pacman from having to deal with the water that comes out as it implies a little bit later that it can affect him too (he spot dodges the water). Having him on top of the hydrant lets him not worry about the water as soon as he takes it out.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Damn it, people already went for the fruit puns. I've got nothing clever to top them either... Oh well. I always liked characters with different things coming up at their attacks, like peach's turnips or G&W's judgement. What can I say? I like a little bit of Lady Luck in there. Though PAC-MAN's thing isn't really luck, but rather timing, still, it's close enough. I look forward to playing with him.

Rewatch the video again. He throws it on the ground from the air.
While he throws it down in the air, I'm not so sure that it is his dair. It just seems a little bit weird to have that as a dair in general, if only because he then shoots water from it, probably by reactivating his down special again. Who knows, though.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
No that is because he throws it underneath himself so he gets on top of it. I think it is to prevent Pacman from having to deal with the water that comes out as it implies a little bit later that it can affect him too (he spot dodges the water). Having him on top of the hydrant lets him not worry about the water as soon as he takes it out.
Could be. But it could go either way.

Damn it, people already went for the fruit puns. I've got nothing clever to top them either... Oh well. I always liked characters with different things coming up at their attacks, like peach's turnips or G&W's judgement. What can I say? I like a little bit of Lady Luck in there. Though PAC-MAN's thing isn't really luck, but rather timing, still, it's close enough. I look forward to playing with him.

While he throws it down in the air, I'm not so sure that it is his dair. It just seems a little bit weird to have that as a dair in general, if only because he then shoots water from it, probably by reactivating his down special again. Who knows, though.
It could be a turret, basically. He sets it down and it fires on its own.

sassafrass

Smash Cadet
How come people are comparing this to Game & Watch's Judgment? That one was completely random, but this one seems to cycle through the fruit, so you know what you're getting every time.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
But will we get to throw the Pretzel?

BeastMode

Smash Rookie
Regardless of what his fruits do i'm excited to try him out. I wonder if one of his fruits will be a critical hit?

TheMikinator3000

Smash Cadet
NNID
Michael312243
That seems broken. Someone could sit and charge that forever and throw it once you get close, not letting you attack. Get you at high percentage, and smash you.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
That seems broken. Someone could sit and charge that forever and throw it once you get close, not letting you attack. Get you at high percentage, and smash you.
I don't know if that will actually be the case. I mean, Link isn't always a problem with his projectile camping. You always find a way to get around it. Also, from the video, we saw that one fruit did loops after thrown. So it's going to be hard.

Hopefully it will function kind of like the Wii Fit trainers' Deep Breathing, where if you try to manipulate it through charging, the amount that it slows down like they say it does, gets even slower, making it harder to charge.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Maybe the fire hydrant is actually his dair? It'd be odd, but it could work.
No, it isn't his dair. If you watch the Pac Man trailer again, there's a part where Pac repeatedly kicks Yoshi in the air. That is his dair. The hydrant is his down special.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
No, it isn't his dair. If you watch the Pac Man trailer again, there's a part where Pac repeatedly kicks Yoshi in the air. That is his dair. The hydrant is his down special.
You're right. That's almost definitely his dair.

Means the ship, Mappy, and whatnot is probably a variation on this move.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
You're right. That's almost definitely his dair.

Means the ship, Mappy, and whatnot is probably a variation on this move.
Or his taunt. He has a different pose and everything. Plus besides the Miis and Palutena (reason being they are special), Sakurai hasn't shown custom moves in a trailer for a character.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Namco Summon Pose:

Special Flag Pose:

It's certainly not a taunt. Considering Pac also has THIS move based on GALAGA (Or Galaxia whatever one it was)

To me it seems most reasonable that it's a custom moveset thing. Perhaps the special flag does summon Namco assists (which seems unlikely due to multiple characters being able to wield the flag at the same time). It's even possible Pac takes a move from whichever Namco character he has selected. Mappy allows him to use bounce floors such as here:

Last edited:

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Namco Summon Pose:

Special Flag Pose:

It's certainly not a taunt. Considering Pac also has THIS move based on GALAGA (Or Galaxia whatever one it was)

To me it seems most reasonable that it's a custom moveset thing. Perhaps the special flag does summon Namco assists (which seems unlikely due to multiple characters being able to wield the flag at the same time). It's even possible Pac takes a move from whichever Namco character he has selected. Mappy allows him to use bounce floors such as here:
First off those aren't even what I'm comparing.
This:

Is not this:

The animations on Pacman for both moves are different. Also in regards to custom moves Sakurai stated that Miis and Palutena (so far) are the only ones to have completely different moves and animations for custom movesets. Also in the Trailer Pacman doesn't do anything with these "summons" at all yet we see him use the fruit a couple times in the gameplay. Its more like a "hey check this out" type thing which fits a taunt.

Second the Galaga thing is his grab animation. A very long, very big, very slow grab animation for Pacman. Mappy part is also his up-B move nothing to do with the "summons".

Lastly the S flag was shown off as an item long ago around the same time as the Smash direct and showed off Namco character coming out. It's just an item not a move for Pacman.

Again I could be wrong by all accounts for Sakurai is always tight lipped with details, but with what is given these are my conclusions on Pacman.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
First off those aren't even what I'm comparing.
Or his taunt. He has a different pose and everything.
I wasn't saying you were comparing the S-Flag pose to his Namco pose. I was debunking the Namco pose as being a taunt and attempting to support my theory based on moves Pac displays based on these different Namco characters he holds. There was simply no reason for me to add in the PotD considering we all just got confirmation of what that move is.

It also seems really far-fetched to believe Pac's up-B recovery can aid other players by generating a platform in midair, so again I'm sticking to the belief that that's what mappy does when selected.

Last edited:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Namco Summon Pose:

Special Flag Pose:

No. Summoning Mappy is not what lets him create trampolines. There's a video you can find in Pac Man's Sub-forum that shows small gameplay clips of Pac Man, and in that video he creates a trampoline without bringing out Mappy. I believe that is just his up special.

You may have a point with the custom special moves for Pac Man. However, wouldn't that mean that ALL of Pac Man's special move customizations must be unique? Also, wouldn't Sakurai have mentioned Pac Man having unique special movies at the roundtable? I'm not sure about this, but I do know those trampolines are his up special.

By the way, notice how the Galaga ship you're talking about does not have outlines. It seems all of Pac Man's summons have an outline, even the arguable taunt.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
No. Summoning Mappy is not what lets him create trampolines. There's a video you can find in Pac Man's Sub-forum that shows small gameplay clips of Pac Man, and in that video he creates a trampoline without bringing out Mappy. I believe that is just his up special.

You may have a point with the custom special moves for Pac Man. However, wouldn't that mean that ALL of Pac Man's special move customizations must be unique? Also, wouldn't Sakurai have mentioned Pac Man having unique special movies at the roundtable? I'm not sure about this, but I do know those trampolines are his up special.

By the way, notice how the Galaga ship you're talking about does not have outlines. It seems all of Pac Man's summons have an outline, even the arguable taunt.
For convenience sake, could you link me?
But your logic is sound, I have no arguments.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
For convenience sake, could you link me?
But your logic is sound, I have no arguments.
Pac-Man Vs. Mario Vs. Sonic Vs. Megaman // Super …: http://youtu.be/6u9kE2XYhP0
It isn't much to go off of, but if you look closely in the second part of the battle, Pac Man quickly uses the trampoline to grab the ledge. No summons used at all. By the way, I think Pac can wall jump.

Last edited:

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Ok Xermo apologize for the misunderstanding and thank you Mr.KoopaTurtle for the in a way agreeing with me.

AutumnFox

Smash Rookie
NNID
ghost_
3DS FC
2020-0198-0608
Switch FC
SW-3974-1854-1008
oh cool fruit WHERE IS CAPTAIN FALCON?!

Top Bottom