• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - June 19th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Pac-Man's standard special move, Bonus Fruit. As you charge this move, the bonuses will change, and all of them have different characteristics and movement patterns when thrown. The bonuses cycle in the same order as in the original game, and the charge-up period doubles once you cycle beyond the orange."

Manatikik

Smash Rookie
This reminds me a lot of TF's Q from LoL. Should make for some interesting combo options and to throw off your opponent.

Dr. Snakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueDaBeast
3DS FC
4511-1428-9509
I feel like it's a fusion of Peach's Turnips and G&W's Judgement. Should be interesting.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
One thing I kinda want to know is if this move can be stored for later use; like pick the fruit you want, then throw it later by pressing B again.

Another thing this confirms/deconfirms is that the classic Namco characters Pacman summons in the trailer are most likely part of one of his taunts. If they were a choice it would have been mentioned in this Potd.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
So more info on recent characters i'm guessing we won't hear about anything on New comers or Veterans probably until two weeks or so

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
One thing I kinda want to know is if this move can be stored for later use; like pick the fruit you want, then throw it later by pressing B again.

Another thing this confirms/deconfirms is that the classic Namco characters Pacman summons in the trailer are most likely part of one of his taunts. If they were a choice it would have been mentioned in this Potd.
I think those are just summoned by using the special flag, no?

Sir Skaro

Smash Apprentice
He looks like he's either presenting a sacred object to a cult or he's a really bad sales man trying to sell fruit.

"Oh, but what's this? A strawberry? Oooooooooo! And for you, $30."

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Da da da daaaaaaaaaa!
You got a Strawberry! You can feel the power of the Fruitforce flowing within you!

image.jpg

Last edited:

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
So it takes longer to charge once you hit the orange. At first I read it as the other way around.

Here's the fruit order he was talking about:

(Cue the beginning of "keys to victory" puns for Pac-mains)

(Heh! Pac-mains...)

Anyway, for those interested in the original Pac-Man mechanics, I found a very interesting article while checking to see if the halved speed was some kind of continuity nod. (Turns out the fruit would show up based on the number of dots eaten, so I didn't see a link there.)

Last edited:

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Guys, I work for Nintendo now and I want to show you this new leaked character.

Sadly, because I showed you that, I was just fired like 3 seconds ago, so I can't leak any more characters for you.
Anyway, I MUST learn more about Pac-Man's specials. They look so cool! I'm especially curious about that giant spaceship thing he was holding.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Warning Received
sorry ..?
i had no idea there was something inappropriate in this post but the whole bernice is ainappropriate to me... kina strange to get me a warning for this...

Last edited:

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
I have a feeling that the Namco summon is the Down Special.
Nope that his fire hydrant. The namco characters that are actually flying around is actually the S flag.

I think those are just summoned by using the special flag, no?
The namco characters actually flying around yes those are the flags. The summon I was talking about is when he quickly flashes to the galaga ship to mappy, to dig dug, etc. That I believe is a taunt.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I have a feeling that the Namco summon is the Down Special.
I was thinking his Down Special was the ghost move.

Actually, looking back at the trailer, I'm not sure what his ghost move will be or do.
At one part you see him shoot out two ghosts like a Down Smash. At another part you see two ghost spinning around him like a taunt. And in another part you see a bunch of ghosts flying around the screen.

There's also the possibility that the ghosts are one of his Namco summons.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Side special then, perhaps?

The ghosts @ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof are only in his smashes. The ghosts flying around the screen are on his stage :facepalm:
The ghosts look like his smash attack from what the trailer showed. The Ghosts flying around in the Wii U version are from the S flag summon.

I'm sure and his side special is most likely the pellet attack where he makes a line of pellets and follows them in classic form.

As shown here.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
The ghosts look like his smash attack from what the trailer showed. The Ghosts flying around in the Wii U version are from the S flag summon.

I'm sure and his side special is most likely the pellet attack where he makes a line of pellets and follows them in classic form.

As shown here.
Well then PERHAPS they could be his tilts. I would be a little disappointed if he only had them as a taunt - but not overly butthurt on it.

Top Bottom