• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - June 13th

Uffe

Smash Hero
If we had Bomberman and Simon Belmont, it would be all the 3rd parties I wanted from the melee days

Having these 3 alone is insane
Simon Belmont would be awesome to have in Smash. Hopefully in the next game, which is too early to even be talking about. Either way, it's really great to see the classics side by side.

Trav11111

Smash Cadet
This is awesome. I know I heard some of the reactions and someone said "now if we can only get a platformer with all four" but I have no clue how that would even work. The play styles ar so different.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
DARN STRAIGHT!
Sakurai really gets it, he put in Pac-Man for all the right reasons. This is why Pac-Man was among the best choices for the game.

Keychain

Smash Rookie
NNID
Keychain
3DS FC
3582-9648-7846
Super excited for the inclusive of Pac-Man. Haven't been this excited for a character ever since Little Mac.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
"Baby Kong"? "Baby Link"? "Dog Batman"? Baby Huey" Man, Just what the hell?..

And Freaking Wow... Your mom doesn't know 74% of these character's names? And yes, I done the math for this. :smirk:
It's actually not my mom, I just found this picture. My mom, despite not being a gamer, knows pretty much all those characters. XDD

But seriously, Johnny Appleseed. omg.

CheapMovieMonster

Smash Cadet
NNID
LegendaryLink17
3DS FC
1891-1579-9718
I wasn't really born yet when the debut of these four icons came around but I still feel so glad to be here to see the gathering of these four all in the same game like this; It only makes me wonder who else may pay a visit in the future Smash 5. :)

Last edited:

Trav11111

Smash Cadet
I just want G&W explained. With that trailer it's like he has to be in, but still nothing official. Same thing with Ridley.

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
I didn't want Pacman personally but I am glad that he's here with all these well known characters duking it out. Makes me proud to be a smasher.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
After 30+ years, we will see who of the 4 titans ranks higher in the tier lists is truly the best.

Last edited:

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
After 30+ years, we will see who of the 4 titans ranks higher in the tier lists is truly the best.
HaHa , cannot wait for top tier sh*t-shows in smash 4, as usual, I will ignore them for the first year or so.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
HaHa , cannot wait for top tier sh*t-shows in smash 4, as usual, I will ignore them for the first year or so.
I'm pretty dang good as Ganondorf and I suck as Meta Knight.

Yeah I don't follow tiers as much myself.

qiraz611

Smash Rookie
NNID
Naryx
The thing is that I actually dreaded pac man being in smash. The only one I'd ever play as is either a. Mario, or b. Mega Man ( that's a big maybe)

KatKit

Smash Lord
My mom calls Pit "King David". She also refers to most characters as either Zelda or Pikachu (or something downright hilarious). But even SHE can recognize all four of those characters. That speaks volumes.

Last edited:

SuperHyperMegaTurbo

Smash Cadet
When I first read that Pac-Man was in the game I also wasn't really on board. But when I saw the trailer I couldn't help but notice that Pac-Man seems to really be enjoying himself and having a good time. Hard to stay mad at a face like that; he's so happy!
I will admit that Pac-Man seems like a very fun character.

Extremely good characterization of the fighters is one of my favorite things about Smash in general, and I think it's probably one of the reasons Sakurai is such a successful director: he knows not only how a game has to work out functionally, but also how to catch people's interest with personality sewn into the way the characters are designed. While I can't guarantee that Sakurai is directly calling the shots on how the characters are animated, I can say that he likely has a big part in the concept phase and making up the design guidelines for the people who do the grunt work of coding and animating.

Top Bottom