• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - June 13th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. This is quite a line-up of characters for the gaming world. I mean, it's amazing enough that Mario can fight Pikachu. I hope you enjoy this truly unique celebration!!"

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If we had Bomberman and Simon Belmont, it would be all the 3rd parties I wanted from the melee days

Having these 3 alone is insane

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I'm not even mad.

This is truly a special moment in history. I would have never imagined all four of these characters like this back when I was a kid.

ZetTroxX

Smash Journeyman
This is actually pretty darn impressive. All those unique characters in one game...that´s what made Smash so special to begin with.

D

Deleted member

Goddamnit, this means Snake's chances are extremely low.

rest in rip snack

Xigger

Smash Lord
I am a bit surprised. Seeing how we barely got third party characters in Brawl, I was afraid we'd follow that pattern and not get anyone past Mega Man.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Really wish I could take a snapshot of this, send it back in time, and see my old self and thousands of other kids melt in happiness and wonder.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Really wish I could take a snapshot of this, send it back in time, and see my old self and thousands of other kids melt in happiness and wonder.
I think those kids will vomit in excitement, I probably would've back then.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
If Snake comes back, good. If not, I'm cool with it. Smash already has a dream roster as it is but this four in the same existential plane is truly a sight to behold.

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
This is a miracle, four of most iconic characters crushed into one of the biggest games. Smart choice Sakurai!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This PotD makes me realise just how...odd Mario can look as a mascot character. In this shot, he literally looks like some sloppy middle-aged man with a beer belly!

SuperHyperMegaTurbo

Smash Cadet
At least I like Megaman, even if I've never played any of his games. But Pac-Man... I don't know if I'll ever grow to not dislike the fact that he's in this game. I guess it makes sense, with him being Namco and such, but... Just something I don't agree with, I suppose.

In any case, Pac-Man players had better expect no sympathy when fighting me!

Last edited:

Magic_Shaunson

Smash Rookie
At least I like Megaman, even if I've never played any of his games. But Pac-Man... I don't know if I'll ever grow to not dislike the fact that he's in this game. I guess it makes sense, with him being Namco and such, but... Just something I don't agree with, I suppose.

In any case, Pac-Man players had better expect no sympathy when fighting me!
When I first read that Pac-Man was in the game I also wasn't really on board. But when I saw the trailer I couldn't help but notice that Pac-Man seems to really be enjoying himself and having a good time. Hard to stay mad at a face like that; he's so happy!

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
God I'm so excite to play Pac and Mega. (Hopefully Ganondorf makes a return as well)
During one of the Smash 4 demos during the treehouse E3 thing, Nate mentioned that there were still characters that hadn't even been revealed yet. Seing as Ganondorf, a major character, has been stuck as a clone-character for C.Falcon up till now, it'd be a travesty if he were removed before having a chance to stand out as his own character. I'm pretty sure they realize that, and will probably reveal him later on after they get his new moveset fine-tuned. I mean, they apparently held out on announcing Yoshi earlier because he stands upright now. With that in mind, I like Ganondorf's chances.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

And also, this picture is great. Pac-Man looks so awesome.
Joey from 'Friends.'

Every time I see these four on screen together, it makes me giddy. This is something I only could have dreamed of 20 years ago, and now it's a reality. Sakurai really came through for us in the end.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
The fact that out of the 4 mascots, only Mega Man got butchered, aggravates me.
It is true though. My mother had no idea who Mega Man was until I told her. She knows Pac Man and Sonic, though

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
I'm really excited to see these four big names all in the same game. To think that I was convinced something like this would never happen and Sakurai made it happen. It literally gives me chills. Also, you can see that even Sakurai is a bit emotional over the whole thing. He's so happy that this could happen.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
This screenshot is phenomenal, and everything, but good night, Sonic! It looks like he's asking the cameraman to hold off on taking the picture for a second so that he can go relieve himself.

Other than that, yeah, it's pretty great to have these four under the same roof.

Smirky

Smash Rookie
This is amazing. I absolutely love all of these characters, and to see them all in 1 game? Mind blown. Enough said.

Top Bottom