• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - June 12th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. The goddess is up to bat for the Home-run Contest, a returning mini-game on the 3DS version! It's been streamlined with added features here and there, like sturdier glass and doubled speed for long hits. You can also have fun comparing your rankings for this mini-game with your Global Smash Power."

Last edited by a moderator:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Isn't it weird how the 3DS version has so many exclusive features? If this is supposed to be the Wii U killer app along with Mario Kart 8 they better have more than... Um... What does the Wii U version have that the 3DS version doesn't again?

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Isn't it weird how the 3DS version has so many exclusive features? If this is supposed to be the Wii U killer app along with Mario Kart 8 they better have more than... Um... What does the Wii U version have that the 3DS version doesn't again?
a gamecube adapter

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Pit: Lady Palutena, I didn't know you knew how to play baseball!
Palutena: Oh, Pit! Of course I know how to play Baseball! I watch the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim on TV every time they're on. And remember I took you to the 2002 World Series when the Angels won their first title!

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Pit: Lady Palutena, I didn't know you knew how to play baseball!
Palutena: Oh, Pit! Of course I know how to play Baseball! I watch the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim on TV every time they're on. And remember I took you to the 2002 World Series when the Angels won their first title!
Eew, sports

DeOnde

Smash Cadet
Great, now i can see just how bad i am at this minigame... on a global scale. But if we have something like that for Break the Targets oh, that's ANOTHER story.

Shamoz

Smash Cadet
we'll have to wait and see. I'm sure Sakurai has something planned!

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290

Is this the only reason people like Palutena or

Anyway, Home Run Contest sounds good with the durable-er (that isn't a word leave me alone) glass and double speed.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
I'm glad that these little "minigames" are making a comeback. I'm sure we'll see multi-man melee as well, and there was a bomb homerun type thing we saw bowser do in the digital event as well as a Kid Icarus style betting challenge. I'm thinking this game is going to have so many things to do that I'm going to have a hard time completing it 100%.

Challenge Accepted Nintendo.

NinthWonder

Smash Apprentice
Why divide the minigames of all things? Just seems weird.

And is anyone else hoping for the return of unique Break the Targets stages? It must happen.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999

Is this the only reason people like Palutena or

Anyway, Home Run Contest sounds good with the durable-er (that isn't a word leave me alone) glass and double speed.
I like her because she's a female character in Smash that I actually like and she plays like a Spellcaster, a type of character that I am very fond of.

She kinda cute tho. Not gonna lie. Needs pink hair.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Very True but as far as we know Smash Run is the only exclusive mode it has. It also is coming out first so it needs some screen time.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Very True but as far as we know Smash Run is the only exclusive mode it has. It also is coming out first so it needs some screen time.
And the boardgame mode, and the Kid Icarus esque betting game thing and all the other stuff in the trailer. Now it didn't specifically say it was 3DS specific, but considering the only version shown in the trailer was the 3DS version.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
I like her because she's a female character in Smash that I actually like and she plays like a Spellcaster, a type of character that I am very fond of.

She kinda cute tho. Not gonna lie. Needs pink hair.
Yeah, I was just messing around, she's awesome. Can't wait to play as her!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Grab your Yoshies, Lucases and Ganondorfs, because HRC is goin' to Smash Power.

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
I'm actually really confused as to why Sakurai hasn't showed and Wii U modes. Is he going to show them after the 3DS version is released or will the Wii U version just get the shaft?

Top Bottom