• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 9th

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Uhm... colors never affected anything other than appearance in all Smash games... °-°"
In Melee, I'm pretty sure that Dr. Mario's black costume made him heavier, hit a little harder, and move a little slower. There's also a very subtle weight difference with red Marth, and at least one of Peach's costumes had a slightly higher chance of pulling bombs.

I'm not aware of anything like this happening in Brawl or 64.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
In Melee, I'm pretty sure that Dr. Mario's black costume made him heavier, hit a little harder, and move a little slower. There's also a very subtle weight difference with red Marth, and at least one of Peach's costumes had a slightly higher chance of pulling bombs.

Source?

Cen Silver

Smash Cadet

Chukkaque

Smash Apprentice
Is there anything of note in this picture? If not, I'm classifying it as a useless post again, like most post's lately.
All posts are interesting. I'd much rather get a daily post with something than nothing. Why bother complaining when its something Nintendo isn't obligated to do, but does anyway? That would be like getting upset because someone decides to give $1 a day and you just complain because its not $5 or $10.

Chukkaque

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't bet on that if I were you...
Well from screen shots we see Miis using a lot of different costumes. Go look at http://smashbros-miiverse.com/characters/mii_fighter
A lot of the "gear" they wear is found in street pass data. Some of those costumes are from Tomodachi Life. There is screen shot of a guy wearing a blue suit, and then one over is the same guy wearing a top hat instead.

Theres even a costume with a smash logo on it! There are a lot of costumes for the mii fighters. So even if they don't use your street pass data, you're going to see a lot more than just 5-7 different costume changes for the mii fighters.

Theres even one wearing a football helmet, cowboy hat, an explorer hat, and a Mii Force Helmet! Not to mention there are 3 hot top hats, all on different costumes. A color shirt, a blue suit with a tie, and a very detailed type outfit.

Honestly I wouldn't dismiss the idea just yet.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
That's a nice stage idea. I give it a BANNED/10.

Cen Silver

Smash Cadet
Well from screen shots we see Miis using a lot of different costumes. Go look at http://smashbros-miiverse.com/characters/mii_fighter
A lot of the "gear" they wear is found in street pass data. Some of those costumes are from Tomodachi Life. There is screen shot of a guy wearing a blue suit, and then one over is the same guy wearing a top hat instead.

Theres even a costume with a smash logo on it! There are a lot of costumes for the mii fighters. So even if they don't use your street pass data, you're going to see a lot more than just 5-7 different costume changes for the mii fighters.

Theres even one wearing a football helmet, cowboy hat, an explorer hat, and a Mii Force Helmet! Not to mention there are 3 hot top hats, all on different costumes. A color shirt, a blue suit with a tie, and a very detailed type outfit.

Honestly I wouldn't dismiss the idea just yet.
I knew your point from the start. and I maintain my position on it.

I'm pretty sure they'll be just referencing it, not getting costumes straight from there.

I could be wrong tho', of course.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Given that it seems the Villager is the one who is getting a buff in this screenshot, I seriously doubt it.
How can you tell the villager is getting powered up? Theres a sparkle to her left... but thats really it.

Cen Silver

Smash Cadet
Based on previous knowledge, the outline colours can be changed.

wtf you said 'try again' then gave me the 'answer'. you suck at making these quizzes.
I still gave the answer because saying simply "try again" often doesn't do anything, and to speed up the conversation.

Also, aside from when in Team matches, I never saw any proof of that, So unless you got any, that's Bs.

And it was never meant to be a quiz, I simply suggested you should try looking at the image again. please don't put words in my mouth.

Last edited:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I still gave the answer because saying simply "try again" often doesn't do anything, and to speed up the conversation.

Also, aside from when in Team matches, I never saw any proof of that, So unless you got any, that's Bs.

And it was never meant to be a quiz, I simply suggested you should try looking at the image again. please don't put words in my mouth.
Then why say try again in the first place? Lol you're wasting your time explaining this. I was screwing with you.

Well I trust you with the outline, but that only brings up more questions. Like what happens during team matches? Just sparkles? Lol. Seems strange. It's so vague. The red ones get powered up? Do other get powered down?

Chukkaque

Smash Apprentice

It hoesntly feels more like in here for the sake of arguing than debate. We know outlines can be on and off at any time, and that they can be color coded. So maybe that user has no proof to back his side up, but neither do you. It could easily be either.

Cen Silver

Smash Cadet
Then why say try again in the first place? Lol you're wasting your time explaining this. I was screwing with you.

Well I trust you with the outline, but that only brings up more questions. Like what happens during team matches? Just sparkles? Lol. Seems strange. It's so vague. The red ones get powered up? Do other get powered down?
I'm sorry, I often can't tell when someone's joking if it's not obvious.

And judging by Sakurai's words, probably everyone will be powered up, just differently based on their colors. The only thing left for us to find out is if it'll power us up judging by the color of our team or outfit.

(I'm voting outfit, since making it team would make it a bit bland, not to mention bring up unnecessary discussions with friends as to who takes the "x" colored team, because it'll give the powerup everyone thinks is the best, or even because one guy in a team doesn't want that color because he doesn't like that color/doesn't want that power up.)

It hoesntly feels more like in here for the sake of arguing than debate. We know outlines can be on and off at any time, and that they can be color coded. So maybe that user has no proof to back his side up, but neither do you. It could easily be either.
That is true, but I'm simply following the lines of "If it wasn't said, it's probably not in there", because if we start counting possibilities that were never shown or said, we would literally have infinite possibilities to discuss. so it helps narrow down, at least until (if) we get proved otherwise.

Also, color coding just for the sake of it could easily just make it worse for finding stuff on screen, since the second someone decided to change something people would have a hard time catching up in the middle of the action. (As in, it would be hard for people to remember what player is outlined with what color, and certain colors would easily end up just helping the player blend in with the scenario if, say, you were using a red one in a lava stage.)

Chukkaque

Smash Apprentice
Also, color coding just for the sake of it could easily just make it worse for finding stuff on screen, since the second someone decided to change something people would have a hard time catching up in the middle of the action. (As in, it would be hard for people to remember what player is outlined with what color, and certain colors would easily end up just helping the player blend in with the scenario if, say, you were using a red one in a lava stage.)
Its a good point, but that would be if it also showed that color on everyones systems. It could just be that it would only reflect on your device. Sort of like the pacman stage. Collect 100 dots, get a pellet, become invincable for the ghosts, while they stay normal on other peoples devices. This scneario could be the same. But you're right, we don't know either way at all. We'll just have to wait and see.

Top Bottom