• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 23rd

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883

boring update...

Yes, it's also on the 3DS... who cares? This stage is bad imo anyways...

pants name guy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-7849-1985
tbh i think the whole "final destination form" thing is ruined by the fact that some of the have walls on the side and others don't. It's definitely not as bad as with melee physics because recoveries snap edges so there's no reason to "ride" a wall with say fire fox or anything, but it still adds wall jumping and wall clinging, changes how stage spikes and wall techs affect the battle, and affects how you space your recovery. That and simply the fact that they're not all the same size means that they won't all be treated by the competitive community as the same stage, and likely many of them won't be playable as alternatives in tournaments.

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I'm guessing stage bosses may well be one of the reasons behind the delay? And although it's probably nothing... I can't shake the feeling that this maaaaay just be a slight hint towards everyone's favorite giant purple space dragon... Hell, we've yet to see a Metroid stage on the 3DS. So I guess Sakurai's ruse-cruise is still soldering on at full force. :ohwell:
What delay?

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
Seems like this week is stage week.
Stages are used for entertainment, or presentation purposes.
New character or veteran reveal confirmed for next week.

kidd_guez

Smash Rookie
i dont know how i feel about the yellow devil yet. since i didnt really get to experiment with fighting it during the smash4 demos. but the stage without the yellow devil was actually very cool. I could see this being a fun stage.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I wish they would have forgotten the Yellow Devil. I love this stage, but if the big guy comes up as frequently in the final build as in the demo, I'll hardly ever fight here.

I've never had a problem with stage hazards before, but I can't say I'm a fan of the boss idea. It seems a bit too intrusive.

Ting Sing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CADANAMAN
Eh, I could care less if it's the same as Wii U. I guess it'll give me some practice for the Wii U version or something. Although maybe a Mega Man X themed stage would be cool...

Rambeard

Smash Apprentice
I might be the only one, but I'm getting a little sick of seeing pic of the days. I just want the games already.

Soul.

Wily Castle is on the 3DS version?
Well, expect to see Pyrosphere on this version too, I suppose.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Not too much I hope... the most 3DS version stages are mostly hazardous stages so far... Besides I like a lot of different stages, so I hope the Wii U gets a lot more of her own stages.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
I wonder which songs they will choose for this stage on the 3ds version as Sakurai mentioned that the Wii U version will have multiple songs while the 3ds version will have 1-2 songs per stage.

D

Deleted member

It's funny because yesterday I was browsing Mega Man stuff in the interwebs and now this happens.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Really? They couldn't think of a unique Mega Man stage for 3DS? I mean really you couldn't think of another iconic location from over 50 games?

pants name guy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-7849-1985
I think this variation makes the whole thing really awesome.
I was referring to stage selections in tournaments. I love the concept, but we're not going to be playing with fifty competitively different legal stages or the striking/counterpicking system wouldn't work.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
It's like people forgot that the FD version of Wily Castle is a thing, seriously. If you really dislike that boss just play it that way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom