• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 16th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. The Levin sword and tomes are Robin's life lines. The Levin sword can be activated by using smash attacks--you can even activate these moves in midair! However, just like in the original game, the Levin sword can be used only a limited number of times before it breaks, at which point it takes some time to regenerate. When the Levin sword is unavailable, Robin fights using the bronze sword."

He included a second picture saying "The way Robin launches Arcfire is kind of crazy—he or she calls down a bolt of flame from above, then launches a pillar of fire! By the way, Robin’s tome changes with each special attack."

Last edited by a moderator:

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
Interesting, I may have to give him a try. There is also rumor going around at the miiverse that "August 12 next month, at corocoro they will reveal all Stages and all Characters for SSB4 3ds version. We don't know if they will do it for the Wii U."

I dunno, but it could be possible.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Smash attacks.. in the air?!

Robin for god tier. :)

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Interesting, I may have to give him a try. There is also rumor going around at the miiverse that "August 12 next month, at corocoro they will reveal all Stages and all Characters for SSB4 3ds version. We don't know if they will do it for the Wii U."

Corocoro always say everything before the game launch or even before the information came out america. In Agust 12 is before september, when the game is almost finished to Japan.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Do the Wii U version and the 3DS version have different rosters? I thought they had the same roster?

RogersBase

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RogersBase
3DS FC
1848-1722-4915
In case you guys didn't notice, Robin's casting stance is based on the mages in the GBA games.

Last edited:

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I don't think we will really get a good idea of how Robin plays till we get our hands on the game. He/she looks really interesting though, and frankly one of the most unique Smash characters.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006

considering that japan gets it one month earlier according to their website i can beleive it

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Wait so are there smash aerials? And when/how do the tomes get expended? I think this created more questions than it answered, lol.

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
"Robin’s tome changes with each special attack." Does this mean that his special attacks are randomly picked from a pool of special attacks, cause that sounds difficult to control.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629

From what I've read it seems like its True so People who do not want to spoiled will probably have to stay of the internet for a while

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
"Robin’s tome changes with each special attack." Does this mean that his special attacks are randomly picked from a pool of special attacks, cause that sounds difficult to control.
I THINK they mean that the 4 special moves are the 4 types of tomes. For example, Neutral Special could be Thunder (as it's a charging move), while Side is Arcfire, Up is Elwind, and Down is Nosferatu.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Wait so are there smash aerials? And when/how do the tomes get expended? I think this created more questions than it answered, lol.
Well he said that the Levin Sword and Tomes need to "take some time to regenerate." That implies that there is either a move/taunt that you need to hold without interruption to regenerate, or they come back after a certain period of time.

They probably degenerate based off of how many times they are used, just like in the game. In the game though, missing doesn't count as a use.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well he said that the Levin Sword and Tomes need to "take some time to regenerate." That implies that there is either a move/taunt that you need to hold without interruption to regenerate, or they come back after a certain period of time.

They probably degenerate based off of how many times they are used, just like in the game. In the game though, missing doesn't count as a use.
If I remember correctly, missing with magic does, while missing with weapons don't.

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776

Even if it doesn't the fact that it comes out a month earlier in Japan means that the entire roster will be released publicly before it releases here anyway since I'm sure at least one person in japan will upload a screenshot or something.

Last edited:

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
My only issue with this is that it kind of encourages defensive gameplay and stalling (everyone will try to stall until they get their powerful sword/tomes back).

Still, this is interesting and I will have to see it properly in practice before I can judge him. He's one of my potential secondaries/mains after all (still doesnt beat Mega Man tho :3)

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
My only issue with this is that it kind of encourages defensive gameplay and stalling (everyone will try to stall until they get their powerful sword/tomes back).

Still, this is interesting and I will have to see it properly in practice before I can judge him. He's one of my potential secondaries/mains after all (still doesnt beat Mega Man tho :3)
The idea of completely losing your recovery move would really increase the chances of stalling.

Frank Ploegmakers

Smash Cadet

I don't know about the stages of 3ds because wii u and 3ds have different stages, but both 3ds and wii u version have the same characters.

Last edited:

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226

Well that's a game mechanic that he relies on, I know it probably suck to some but making each character play and feel a bit different from one another will make things a little more interesting. Players who have to play against a character that's more defensive, just have to play smarter.

I think there is a character for everyone to enjoy in this game.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Wait wait wait, can someone please clarify the first few sentences? Is this really saying Robin can use Smash attacks in midair, or am I reading it wrong? Am I?

Keeshu

Smash Ace
He swaps which element he has with each tome? Dang, I wanted to be focused on Dark/Wind attacks. He loses some points, but he's still really really awesome, and this makes his gameplay more interesting.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Hey guys look!

And the information from both these pages:

Lucina was originally included as a Marth skin.
"A certain character” was cut during development. (Chrom? Who knows. It's not clarified.)
Sakurai didn’t want to reduce the total number of characters.
It wasn’t possible to make a brand new character on short notice.
Lucina was repurposed into her own character slot to fill the void.

That part was wrong, apologies.

Lucina can mask on/off with a taunt, like Guile

Reverse Falcon Punch is back and does more damage if reverse

Robin's Forward Smash
This move strikes your opponent with Robin's Thunder Sword. However, as you can only use Robin's Thunder Sword attacks a certain number of times, once you've run out of uses, this attack will hit with a regular bronze sword instead.

Forward air attack
When performing this move, if you were to smash the analog stick in the forward direction, Robin will attack with his Thunder Sword for additional electric damage. But like all of Robin's Thunder Sword attacks, you can only use the improved version a finite number of times.

Down+B: Nosferatu
Purple-black smog in the shape of a snake appears right in front of Robin when this move is used. If your opponent is hit by it, he or she will be "cursed" by the spell. When a cursed opponent is hit, Robin's health meter will recover. What's also interesting is that if the cursed opponent is struck from the back, the amount of health Robin recovers will be larger.

Neutral B: Thunder
Hitting the button once will activate a charging period for Robin's Thunder spell, and hitting it again will cast it. The amount of time Robin charges will determine the version of the spell cast (Thunder, L Thunder, Giga Thunder, or Tron).

While charging, you can also hit the shield button to cancel the move and store the charge -- the next time you hit the B button, Robin will resume charging from wherever you left off previously.

Up+B: L Wind
When this special move is performed in the air, Robin produces two green projectiles that he sends flying downwards, which simultaneously propels him upwards. However, you can only use this move a limited number of times. Once you've exceeded the number of uses, Robin will not produce the projectiles or jump higher.

Side+B: Giga Fire
Robin produces a projectile that flies diagonally downwards. When the projectile comes into contat with the stage, an opponent, or an item, it will generate a pillar of fire that spreads upwards, and deal area damage to anyone nearby.

Last edited:

Crisconvor

Smash Rookie
NNID
Crisconvor
3DS FC
0705-2646-5407
In case you guys didn't notice, Robin's casting stance is based on the mages in the GBA games.

That's actually a really awesome detail. I almost feel ashamed of not noticing it considering how many hours I've put into the GBA titles

Ragna22

Smash Ace
This is why I love the way this game is turning out because it's a lot like Blazblue in the sense that a lot of characters are going to be hard to learn but once youyou figured out a game plan for them you'll be surprising quite a few people online.

Top Bottom