• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 16th

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad to see Robin was the main choice, but am feeling kind of iffy to see how much of a cheap knockoff Lucina seems to be shaping out to be. "Well, I suppose she's a little different..." says Sakurai. "Hmmmmm...." New Character Revealed! Three Fire Emblem characters is enough, I say. Awakening doesn't need two representatives. :p ... oh well.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
The amount of difficulty that may go into this character...
Seems familiar to a Street Fighter character that is hard to play with...
*cough*Gen*cough*

Darknut

Smash Cadet
I've also heard that they said the same thing for the Brawl reveal, but only revelaed what ended up being the starting characters, none of the unlockables. We'll see in time I guess :)

Blus

Smash Rookie
Love it when Nintendo introduces gimmicks like the Zelda/Shiek transformations or the pkmn trainer, makes the game feel more fun.

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
Hey guys look!

And the information from both these pages:

Lucina was originally included as a Marth skin.
"A certain character” was cut during development. (Chrom? Who knows. It's not clarified.)
Sakurai didn’t want to reduce the total number of characters.
It wasn’t possible to make a brand new character on short notice.
Lucina was repurposed into her own character slot to fill the void.

That part was wrong, apologies.
Wrong as in translated incorrectly? What is it actually saying or did you already cover it in the cat PotD?

Cuz if this is even half-true and a character was indeed cut late in development… what could this mean for the Ice Climbers guys?

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Hey guys look!

And the information from both these pages:

Lucina was originally included as a Marth skin.
"A certain character” was cut during development. (Chrom? Who knows. It's not clarified.)
Sakurai didn’t want to reduce the total number of characters.
It wasn’t possible to make a brand new character on short notice.
Lucina was repurposed into her own character slot to fill the void.

That part was wrong, apologies.

Lucina can mask on/off with a taunt, like Guile

Reverse Falcon Punch is back and does more damage if reverse

Robin's Forward Smash
This move strikes your opponent with Robin's Thunder Sword. However, as you can only use Robin's Thunder Sword attacks a certain number of times, once you've run out of uses, this attack will hit with a regular bronze sword instead.

Forward air attack
When performing this move, if you were to smash the analog stick in the forward direction, Robin will attack with his Thunder Sword for additional electric damage. But like all of Robin's Thunder Sword attacks, you can only use the improved version a finite number of times.

Down+B: Nosferatu
Purple-black smog in the shape of a snake appears right in front of Robin when this move is used. If your opponent is hit by it, he or she will be "cursed" by the spell. When a cursed opponent is hit, Robin's health meter will recover. What's also interesting is that if the cursed opponent is struck from the back, the amount of health Robin recovers will be larger.

Neutral B: Thunder
Hitting the button once will activate a charging period for Robin's Thunder spell, and hitting it again will cast it. The amount of time Robin charges will determine the version of the spell cast (Thunder, L Thunder, Giga Thunder, or Tron).

While charging, you can also hit the shield button to cancel the move and store the charge -- the next time you hit the B button, Robin will resume charging from wherever you left off previously.

Up+B: L Wind
When this special move is performed in the air, Robin produces two green projectiles that he sends flying downwards, which simultaneously propels him upwards. However, you can only use this move a limited number of times. Once you've exceeded the number of uses, Robin will not produce the projectiles or jump higher.

Side+B: Giga Fire
Robin produces a projectile that flies diagonally downwards. When the projectile comes into contat with the stage, an opponent, or an item, it will generate a pillar of fire that spreads upwards, and deal area damage to anyone nearby.
It was wrong? I was guessing the removed character was, yeah Chrom, but maybe Rayman. But nvm. So it looks like we have two clonish characters. Lucina seems to be a special circumstance, and Toon Link seemed like a forced addition. I don't think he was planned to swap out for Alfonzo, but I think they made Sakurai put him in to promote WW HD. I thought Link's comment in the Digital Event (something like "hey, they told me you wouldn't be here!" to Toon Link) seemed like them poking fun at Toon Link's inclusion. So maybe there won't be any/many more clones. But if they are just extra and not trumping a unique characters's slot, fine by me.

Last edited:

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Wrong as in translated incorrectly? What is it actually saying or did you already cover it in the cat PotD?

Cuz if this is even half-true and a character was indeed cut late in development… what could this mean for the Ice Climbers guys?
Yeah, I had a mistranslation. But I did get a real one in the Cat PotD.

It was wrong? I was guessing the removed character was, yeah Chrom, but maybe Rayman. But nvm. So it looks like we have two clonish characters. Lucina seems to be a special circumstance, and Toon Link seemed like a forced addition. I don't think he was planned to swap out for Alfonzo, but I think they made Sakurai put him in to promote WW HD. I thought Link's comment in the Digital Event (something like "hey, they told me you wouldn't be here!" to Toon Link) seemed like them poking fun at Toon Link's inclusion. So maybe there won't be any/many more clones. But if they are just extra and not trumping a unique characters's slot, fine by me.
Honestly I'm not against clones at all, but I would be glad if they had very few in this game. People are complaining about Lucina a lot around the internet. XP

Ragna22

Smash Ace

I don't think the Ice Climbers are going anywhere, the polar bear enemy from their game is in Smash Run.

Specs45

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4356-0115-4460
That's awesome, play offensive one moment and defensive later on. I would love to play robin. :D

RogersBase

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RogersBase
3DS FC
1848-1722-4915
I also want to point out that we now have confirmation of all four of Robin's specials.

B - Elthunder
B-Side - Elfire
B-Up - Elwind
B-Down - Nosferatu

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I think some people here are reading this wrong, I'm pretty sure what Samuraimeanis that the sword is used for air attacks, because while he says the sword appears during smash attacks, we see in the trailer that the sword is also used for a standard A combo and a down tilt.

Sen. Sawft

Professional Laundry Folder
NNID
Sawft
3DS FC
4940-6793-4197
I love how the addition of Robin and Lucina encouraged me to buy Fire Emblem: Awakening, thus increasing my hype for this game.

It's all one big marketing cycle.

Top Bottom