• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - January 23rd

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. This is not a friendly girls night out..." In the background we can see Viridi from Kid Icarus Uprising - another title produced by Masahiro Sakurai for the Nintendo 3DS.

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
Well, at least Viridi made it somehow in the game.

I'm happy for this little cameo.

PurpleExcadrill

Smash Cadet
Does anybody elese see those angels in the backround? This is definetley the Kid Icarus stage but I think Viridi may be an assist trophy

LRJaves

Smash Rookie
NNID
RandomJaves
3DS FC
0361-6294-2122
Yayyyyy more women in the game!
And they're gonna beat the crap outta everyone!

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
Guys, why does no one notice that this cameo has a REDESIGN. Look at her outfit, it is VERY different than her uprising one. To the point where he eyes may be a different color than her uprising appearance

She even looks OLDER than her uprising appearance

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
Guys, why does no one notice that this cameo has a REDESIGN. Look at her outfit, it is VERY different than her uprising one. To the point where he eyes may be a different color than her uprising appearance

She even looks OLDER than her uprising appearance
Lends even MORE validity to the Palutena leak, since her design was apparently not from Uprising or Brawl!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I just got in that chapter when you find Vrirdi in KIU, and today Sakurai shows her, how coincidental!
Anyways, glad to see that crazy loli goddess in smash.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Yeah... I don't know if this is specifically a reference to the leak that happened, but the fact that Viridi has a similar re-design to Palutena in the pics does make it seem slightly more legit.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
I wonder if Viridi will have dialogue in the stage, esp. if you play as Pit o:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Kind of reminds me of the final boss of Yoshi's Island. Wonder if Yoshi can toss eggs at her?

Queen_Of_Smash

Smash Rookie
She looks like a stage hazard more than anything, at least to me. The things in the background could be her army or the centurions, not sure.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Oh Viridi looks very well *-* Kid Icarus is the best game ever <3

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Regardless, this doesn't say much if anything at all about the leak. The most it says is Viridi isn't a playable character and Sakurai is MAYBE aware of the leak. Could still be a coincidence that he put up a partly KI:U related PotD on that particular day.

Top Bottom