• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - December 4th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. To train your amiibo, it's important to give them hands-on time in battles. If you play against your amiibo with the same character, you can act as its teacher and help them learn moves easier. That said, it's also important to "feed" your amiibo equipment so you can make them stronger and give them special abilities."

Today is a double header! Sakurai posted a second photo and said "The effects in red show when a special ability will have a negative impact, but this is not necessarily a bad thing since the equipment might raise your amiibo's overall stats. It's also important to note that there's a limit on how much you can level an amiibo no matter how much you keep feeding it. However, you can change their balance of attack, defense, and speed."

Last edited by a moderator:

TomBoComBo

Smash Ace
I kept my Amiibo vanilla , but it still is doing 25% fox upsmashes at lvl50
I don't think that upsmash does that much

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Feeding your amiibo equipment, more like

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I love my Yoshi and Wii Fit Trainer Amiibos, but wish they copied your own skills instead of countering them. My WFT is pretty fun to fight against, but my Yoshi is constantly rolling after battling some computers and it's pretty obnoxious. Also the extra damage isn't fun. I'd rather have a fair fight.

I hope somebody gets good at targeting specific areas to train, because for now I'm just fighting Amiibos in different types of battles and seeing what happens.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
No, you aren't. Just imagine what an Isai counter could be like...
OOS knee.

I would say amiibos are one of the top three coolest parts of this game.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Ok, enough is enough.

The Pic of the Days should end now.
Seriously. At least make them funny trophy/paint things. Please.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Am I the only getting bodied by my own Amiibo? Once I got my Pikachu to level 40s it started to turn the tables on me even though I don't play the character. I switched to my main Greninja and I STILL couldn't beat it. I was told they get extra damage and knockback even when unfed any equipment, as its Usmash seemed to kill me earlier than it normally would.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Ok, enough is enough.

The Pic of the Days should end now.
Seriously. At least make them funny trophy/paint things. Please.
shut up
Am I the only getting bodied by my own Amiibo? Once I got my Pikachu to level 40s it started to turn the tables on me even though I don't play the character. I switched to my main Greninja and I STILL couldn't beat it. I was told they get extra damage and knockback even when unfed any equipment, as its Usmash seemed to kill me earlier than it normally would.
My brother's amiibo can two-stock me and my brother teamed against it (with team attack on, of course).

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Don't know how well will the amiibo work on the 3DS version?

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Don't know how well will the amiibo work on the 3DS version?
Same, but it depends on how portable the adapter is if it will alter the portable experience. I can see it being a separate wired stand in which the place amiibos on. If you got the New 3DS then you just place them on the touch screen, which is really cool in my opinion.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Same, but it depends on how portable the adapter is if it will alter the portable experience. I can see it being a separate wired stand in which the place amiibos on. If you got the New 3DS then you just place them on the touch screen, which is really cool in my opinion.
I just hope the amiibos can function well just as the Wii U version, and the time of saving won't took that long.

Sideslick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sideslick
Ever since WaveShine the Fox took third in that tournament, I reset my Link-Amiibo and I have kept him as vanilla-as-possible.

I love the idea of leveling-up, but at least let us turn off their special-abilities/moves, please?

When customs are turned-off and Amiibos still get healed when they get a KO, it gets a little infuriating.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Ever since WaveShine the Fox took third in that tournament, I reset my Link-Amiibo and I have kept him as vanilla-as-possible.

I love the idea of leveling-up, but at least let us turn off their special-abilities/moves, please?

When customs are turned-off and Amiibos still get healed when they get a KO, it gets a little infuriating.
Whats infuriating is when ever my Amiibo Perfect Shields and it causes an explosion. A level 50 Amiibo can Perfect Shield almost every time... I had to get rid of that bonus...

Belgrim

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna teach my amiibo to roll spam like me. :D

Last edited:

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
I'm going to teach my amiibo to only multishine. That way no one will ever be able to approach it.

Top Bottom