• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 22nd

jigglover

Smash Lord
Holy ****. I have always preferred video game music over silly pop or w/e music. I can finally listen to it without YouTube, which takes a while, and wherever I want. I'm actually super excited for this lol.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
This is one of the most awesome POtDs I have seen in awhile. I love Nintendo music and turning my 3dsXL into a mp3 player is really cool since I take mine nearly every where I go.

Kirbybrawl

Smash Cadet
Nobody has mentioned it yet, but is Sakurai trying to troll us or something? Yesterday, Ghirahim was announced as an AT, yet here we are, with a screenshot featuring his theme song... Is he really an AT? I wonder...
Nobody has mentioned it yet, but is Sakurai trying to troll us or something? Yesterday, Ghirahim was announced as an AT, yet here we are, with a screenshot featuring his theme song... Is he really an AT? I wonder...
I doubt it. His theme is very popular and many characters have had themes and they were only AT in brawl

Last edited:

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
I really like the idea of my 3DS becoming a portable music player.
Already packed with great gaming music.

This simple update has got me extremely excited for the release of this game.

kaydon_esker

Smash Apprentice
Really like the ability to choose your music on smash run! The fact that we get a proper listen to Full Steam Ahead from Spirit Tracks on the site is the icing on the cake :D

Maybe he's an AT who is also a stage boss? I can't imagine Sakurai lying to us outright and character assist trophies are unheard of.
Isn't that the Kalos Pokemon League stage he's on?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That Sound test screen does look nice! Also, I wonder what other songs will be on the game.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
YES!
Finally we'll get to hear some cool remixes!
More Smash Run features please!! more!!

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Yes he's an assist trophy. Many characters had songs in Brawl that weren't playable, let alone assist trophies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
For those who are wondering about the BGM title, "Gear Getaway", it's basically the Rocket Barrel BGM from Donkey Kong Country Returns.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
FF XIII... Lightning confirmed! KH... Sora confirmed!

But seriously, I don't think that the list of composers really means that much. Sure, some of these series may have music in the game, but there are so many odd choices and non-Nintendo games that overall I feel like these aren't good hints towards characters.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I stayed up late for this and now I'm super salty.... Expected a lot more today, especially since we had to wait so long for it.

Guess I'll take my tired *** to bed.

Also inb4 there's a xenoblade song so Shulk confirmed = Leak confirmed.

#TeamDontGiveA****
Are you serious? This is the best update ever.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
The absence of TSUNKU♂ in the list of the composers concerns me a bit, I really want some Rhythm Heaven characters/stages.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Why the hell does Realm Overworld get a snappy, cool title like 'Full-Steam Ahead' while we get 'Gear Getaway' instead of 'Rocket Barrel'?

Also, what the ****'s up with all the composers being Japanese!? Where's David Wise? Where's Grant Kirkhope? Where's Jake Kaufman?

And also...where's Jun Senoue?

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Well then, this is a strange turn of events.
So my imaginary Super Smash Bros. 3DS XL I'm desperately willing into existence can now turn into what I'm now calling a SakuraiPod now aye? Quickly, make up-voting!!!
I appreciate my music, especially good game music, which Smash has a good pedigree in. So of course I'll be all up-vote-y about this.

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
For those who are wondering about the BGM title, "Gear Getaway", it's basically the Rocket Barrel BGM from Donkey Kong Country Returns.

Maybe that was the remix in the Direct, as in the part where they were showing the items. I thought that was from Tropical Freeze.

NewGuy79

Smash Journeyman

This is a pretty dam specific composer right here, to my knowledge I don't think she has worked on anything else nintendo related. the only connection she has to smash is the fact (as noted) that she's composed music for a metal gear game...

could mean nothing or it could mean a whole lot, keep your eyes peeled Snake fans.

[edit] it seems she also worked on the music for Kingdom Hearts 3D... Sora confirmed?

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
This is awesome! I've always wished I could do this with a game. I just hope there's a lot of music so it doesn't get stale... I remember hearing a long time ago the 3DS version would only have 2 songs per stage, so I'm estimating somewhere around 40-60 songs? Music pack DLC, anyone?

My only concern is that L and R change the tunes while in sleep mode. This pretty much makes it impossible to listen to the 3DS while it's in my pocket.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I know that we say it jokingly, but this is actually a fantasticexample of Sakurai not being a troll - or at least being against false hype. He deconfirmed Ghirahim just before posting his theme; if he had done it the other way around, we all would have gone "OMFG Ghirahim confirmed!!1!"

Greninja'd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Asianbanana
3DS FC
0645-5951-1667
Damn that's a lot of info Sakurai is giving us.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
All I can say is that the theme song for this Smash Bros game blows all the previous themes out of the water. It's so catchy, and really captures the essence of Smash Bros; battle of the all stars. I'm so pumped I can barely function...

Renji64

Smash Lord
The menu design is lovely. The composers list is showing games from their notable previous work it doesn't confirm anything.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
He's an AT and ONLY an AT. His theme is mixed with the Ballad of the Goddess for one of the Zelda stages.

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice

This is a pretty dam specific composer right here, to my knowledge I don't think she has worked on anything else nintendo related. the only connection she has to smash is the fact (as noted) that she's composed music for a metal gear game...

could mean nothing or it could mean a whole lot, keep your eyes peeled Snake fans.

[edit] it seems she also worked on the music for Kingdom Hearts 3D... Sora confirmed?
She worked on Calling to the Night and MGS4 Love Theme in Brawl. And nothing else. The fact that Metal Gear makes up the bulk of her resume and is the basis of her only existing co-operation with Nintendo does improve Snake's chances a bit, though it's far from conclusive.

I wouldn't put money on any Square Enix character getting in at this stage. Not after how badly they shafted Nintendo for a Geno cameo.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
Now this is the update that I've been waiting for! Next to the character roster, the music selection is the aspect of Smash Bros. that I look forward to the most! I'm just really hoping the amount of new songs take majority over past arrangements. But if they're all as awesome as the Multi-Man Smash theme, I think my worries will be alleviated.

Anyone else here wanting an official OST release for both games on iTunes (though I'd personally buy CDs)? I mean, they're already going to burn holes in our wallets with the Amiibo figures and the Gamecube adapters and controllers, might as well keep giving us awesome things to throw our money at :D

ikemachine

Smash Apprentice
On a side note the character banner is down on the site.. possibly a direct next week?

HONY

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-1450-7268
These musician credits are freaking me OUT. Monster hunter? ? Xenoblade is there. Tekken!?! Metal gear solid!! CHRONO TRIGGER... Soul calibur, katamari, FINAL FANTASYYYY! !

And it's all for 3ds specifically. So we're not just talking game mode song references to these franchises. This is all very startling and confusing and possibly exciting. No RayMan composer listed could mean it isn't just trophy music too.

On another note, here's a p.s.a. for everyone: Katamari has the greatest soundtrack in the known video game world. Or at least I think it does. :estatic:

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
This is an awesome update. The game now makes the 3ds and ipod ish device. Very cool!

Top Bottom