• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 19th

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Because there's nothing to complain about? It's like y'all have no concept at all about what femenism is. Calm down children. This is really only going to upset soccer moms. (Though GREAT to see so many smashers ready to **** on women at the slightest opportunity, wow.)

The more interesting discussion is whether this signals a much more "adult" turn for the series. A lot of the characters are showing more skin, this being the most exposing costume shown so far. I wonder if we'll get a shirtless Ike or Solid Snake (:0)? Also hoping for Mario Kart jumpsuits. Very good update. Hope to see more.

Demie Duken

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemieDuken
3DS FC
3136-7415-2711
Now all we need is Samus fighting in a bikini and I'm all good.

People are freaking out and I've yet to see anyone questioning how she'll stop a sword, an axe, fire breath... and a dozen other things in this outfit. [/logic]

The Monkey King

Smash Rookie
I actually really like the costume. The fact there's going to be controversy over ZSS wearing a custume she wore in her games Is what bothers me.

Why can't SJWs and 'Feminists' get a life?

JMS_Eddy

Smash Rookie
So when there is a shirtless male character and guys start complaining, should they be childishly categorized and called "Masculenicists" or "Malinists"?

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman
Now all we need is Samus fighting in a bikini and I'm all good.

People are freaking out and I've yet to see anyone questioning how she'll stop a sword, an axe, fire breath... and a dozen other things in this outfit. [/logic]
Hey, Kirby is naked.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
So... I was actually looking forward to this costume, but only because I assumed she would have her Kim Basinger hairstyle from Super Metroid.

Oh well. Her standard costume already looks cooler than ever, anyway.
But this costume is from Metroid Fusion.

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427
Because there's nothing to complain about? It's like y'all have no concept at all about what femenism is. Calm down children. This is really only going to upset soccer moms. (Though GREAT to see so many smashers ready to **** on women at the slightest opportunity, wow.)

The more interesting discussion is whether this signals a much more "adult" turn for the series. A lot of the characters are showing more skin, this being the most exposing costume shown so far. I wonder if we'll get a shirtless Ike or Solid Snake (:0)? Also hoping for Mario Kart jumpsuits. Very good update. Hope to see more.
"Much more adult turn for the series"?? BAYONETTA CONFIRMED

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
This is cool. I was hoping for some zero suit alt. costumes. now if we can just get some pink and green leotard Justin Bailey swag we'll be set.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Why wouldnt use these outfits!? Because...

This would mean you got a perfect game.

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
I looked at the images 4-5 times and didn't notice Brinstar until I read the comment section.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Is anyone else bothered by how ZSS's orange outfit at the ankle looks funny?
Actually yes.

But at the same time I just keep telling myself that it's part of an animation so it's off on purpose for some kind of effect.

This is an actual thing animators do. It's especially hilarious when you see the inbetweens of Disney cartoons.

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
I'm okay with this, but I better get my shirtless mens as well Saukrai. Don't be biased :c Pls

Last edited:

proxibomb

Smash Clown
"Pic of the day. Looking at the number of days we have left for development, it would be an impossible task to create this…" You're just removing clothes, Sakurai.

Oh Sakurai.

AGreatProcrastinator

Smash Apprentice
12/10 update of the year. So many new and exciting features revealed; can't wait to play.
So when there is a shirtless male character and guys start complaining, should they be childishly categorized and called "Masculenicists" or "Malinists"?
Except that would never happen. And if it did I'd build a rocket ship in my backyard and fly to the moon 'cause I could't live in a world where people complained about speedo Cap'n or Ike. Or even Mario. Always wondered what he looked like without a shirt...

Last edited:

JMS_Eddy

Smash Rookie
12/10 update of the year. So many new and exciting features revealed, can't wait to play.

Except that would never happen. And if it did I'd build a rocket ship in my backyard and fly to the moon 'cause I could't live in a world where people complained about speedo Cap'n or Ike. Or even Mario. Always wondered what he looked like without a shirt...
I hope you're a talented rocket scientist, cuz in a world of 7 billion plus, there's always someone... :chuckle:

Also, speedo Mario would be hilarious, especially if in his America costume.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

I actually haven't seen anyone dumping on Women yet, just the Faux-Feminists that most people sadly now associate Feminism with..since those Social Justice Warriors that claim to be Feminists but don't understand anything about the movement and pretty much yell about anything they personally don't agree with for whatever reason...Gosh, they tick me off since if I say I'm a Feminist, which I am, then I get lumped in with them..so I usually have to use a different term and call myself an 'Equalist', since thats truly what Feminism is about.
I agree, this really is only going to upset those people who just get offended by anything being 'sexy' or even possibly seen as sexy for whatever reason..and thus they can essentially be ignored.

As for me, I was really, really hoping for that lovely orange Zero Mission outfit and I'm glad they even snuck in the Fusion outfit, since its more then just a palette swap since its even lacking the triangle cut the ZM one has <3

I don't know about more 'adult', since really this stuff hasn't really ever been a hot button issue in Japan. They honestly care more about violence then showing skin..just look at some characters shown in Kids' Anime & Games there.

I'm hoping for the Mario Kart jumpsuit for Rosalina, but I really want Princess Daisy with a name/voice swap for Princess Peach to kind of-sort of add in another character..more or less.

I can't help but feel that most if not all of the characters in Smash Bros. may get alts (except for maybe some Pokemon and Kirby for obvious reasons)
But this costume is from Metroid Fusion.
Technically its also from Zero Mission like Sakurai stated, the orange outfit with the triangle cut on the top is from Zero Mission while the Blue Outfit is from Fusion. Kind of makes me think that the ZM one is the 'main' alt though (as in first in the line up) since Sakurai pointed that game out in particular.

This version, yes. I was hoping for the Super Metroid version of what is essentially the same costume.
Not really, but kind of. The Super Metroid version had the same style of top, yes, but she was wearing 'bikini bottoms' or a 'thong' like bottom...however, I do bet that there will be a black colour to reference the Super Metroid look.

Last edited:

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Rated T again right? Im glad the alternate has a color variation as well unlike ultimate marvel 3 where they only had an alternate with no color options. samus looks real good.
I'm guessing this is the "nudity" that the Australian classification board was referring to.
In other news BRINSTAR IS BACK REJOICE!!!
I didn't even notice. Damn, THE FANSERVICE WORKED!

•Col•

Smash Champion
Anyone else find it funny that he felt the need to specify that a female designer made this alt. costume?

tryin to quell the oncoming feminist rage

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sakurai couldn't take off Link's hat yet he is just fine with stripping Samus down.

That aside, this REALLY surprised me. Not only the nature of the alternate outfit and gives me hope that just about every character will get an alt outfit of some kind. I really like this one since I like Zero Suit Samus, I like Metroid Fusion, and it was one of the outfits I wanted. Now it's a waiting game to see if Sakurai delivers and makes a Military Garb Samus or a Civilian Samus from Other M.

I also hope they release official character models but with their alt outfits instead of their default.
And just imagine if this was an Amiibo collectable.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
After getting such a revealing female outfit, I really hope that we get a more conservatively done Lucina in her bath robe instead of her in her bikini.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It's an official alteration of Samus from an official game. Good enough for me.

Nice to see so many alts. I really hope Lucario gets some form of alt. Wouldn't mind an explorer variation. :cool:

Top Bottom