• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 18th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. Nightmare Wizard appears as an Assist Trophy! He will engulf the stage in darkness, and fighters will need to brawl blindly for a while. Look out for the effect before it goes dark, and play it to your advantage. Blinding and reversal effects even make the computer players mess up."

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Not gonna lie, I thought it was Wizeman from NiGHTS at first. Guess Sonic Team isn't getting the Namco treatment. :p

Keefer

Smash Cadet
The wizard looks awesome but the effect is lack luster compared to what he looks like. And im pretty sure we had a pokemon that already did that.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
"IN THE DARKEST NIGHTMARE HOUR WHEN NOT MOON NOR SUN HAS RISEN

I TAKE KIRBY IN MY POWER, I SHALL KEEP HIM IN MY PRISON!!!"

But in all seriousness, pretty nice assist trophy

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
nice look... but that effect, HMM, where have we seen that before?

*sigh* I guess you can only come up with so much chaos before it gets predictable...

gamerjohn1991

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamerjohn1991
3DS FC
5370-1230-7105
Nightmare: For about 12 years (11 years if you watched Kirby of the Stars in Japan), I've wanted to exact my revenge on that wretched pink pest, Kirby, and now, my moment of triumph has arrived!

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
This is my favorite assist trophy now (design wise that is). Nice to see Kirby getting more love.

D

Deleted member

NME Salesman: How can I help King DeDeDe?

DDD: I need a monster that can clobber that there kirby!

NME Salesman: That's what we do best in NME!

Escargoon: you better it with a money back guarantee!

Last edited by a moderator:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Sure, it's cool that CPUs are affected by interface screws. But the most wonderful thing in this pic is the world's most epic double chin.

Ornstine

Smash Cadet
NNID
Faroose
3DS FC
3454-1164-7348
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS i always loved nightmare as a villian and always hoped he'd be in smash in some way as a boss stage hazard or assist trophy and im extremely happy that he is actually in cuz i always thought they would chose Kracko over nightmare (i would like to see kracko as an assist/hazard/enemy too tho) or that he wasnt that well known enough to be represented im glad were getting more kirby stuff i love the series hope theres more to come hoping for a stage reveal soon!

proxibomb

Smash Clown
I always considered Nightmare a very colorful, cool, and neat character. I honestly wish he had a bigger part in the Kirby series, similar to how Zero and it's form have a large part in the series.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
My favorite childhood villain. I hope his themeis in the game as well. Welcome to the Smash, Nightmare!

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
"Pic of the day. Nightmare Wizard appears as an Assist Trophy! He will engulf the stage in darkness, and fighters will need to brawl blindly for a while. Look out for the effect before it goes dark, and play it to your advantage. Blinding and reversal effects even make the computer players mess up."
fighters will need to brawl blindly for a while.
wow… smash 4 confirmed for brawl 2.0. truly sad, how things had to be this way :/

(in all seriousness, not a fan of the effect, but at least it's a cool-looking assist trophy)

I can't even explain how unbelievably flawed your logic is lol
you probably already got this, but in case you didn't, here's something to help you friend :~)

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Pretty good, such a nostalig picture~ Nightmare looks great!

I Am Luigi

Smash Rookie
About time we see something new for the Kirby series. Something retro despite the buttload of new Kirby games we've had since Brawl but beggars can't be choosers I guess.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I thought it was Vaati and my heart stopped for the disconfirmation.

PHEW!!

Only 19 POTD's left, guys

smashkirby

Smash Hero
OH.......MY.......GAAAAWWWWDDDD!!!!!!!!!!! NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!! NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Nightmare get's to be an Assist Trophy? Where the hell is the Star Rod when you need it? Oh wait ... it's an item already! :troll:

Top Bottom