• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 18th

ShyKChan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shyflutters18
3DS FC
0662-3508-3411
Wow! This is one of the better looking Assist Trophies! So great seeing Nightmare after fighting him so much in my childhood. Too bad he doesn't too much :ohwell:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
When's Customer Service? Nightmare wouldn't be complete without him.

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
so much nostalgia seeing that guy
This.

I mentioned in a previous post about the new Project M Kirby colors that it reminded me of a time where I spent months playing Amazing Mirror, that's pretty much the case here, the GBA days for me were my Kirby years. It also helps that Nightmare in Dreamland was my first GBA game.

Love it! Kirby's Adventure was my favorite game in the series. Dukin' it out in the dark seems like fun. I don't think I ever saw Togepi use this move on me in all my time playing.

This reminded me of something though. I just had some wicked Charlotte's Web nostalgia by typing up the following.
Dedede:
Battlefield is a veritable smorgasbord -orgasbord -orgasbord
After the crowds have ceased
Each night when the lights go out
It can be found on the ground all around
Oh, what a puffball feast!
Why, a fair has enough disgusting leftover food to satisfy a whole army of Kirbys!

Kirby:
Is this true? Is this appetizing yarn of yours true?
Will I find melon rinds and bits of hot dogs
Pizza crusts and rotten cotton candy
Melted ice cream, mustard drippings
Moldy goodies everywhere?

Dedede:
Yes, yes!

Kirby:
Lots of popcorn, apple cores
Banana peels and soggy sandwiches
And gobs of gorgeous gook to gobble over there?

Dedede:
Yes, yes, yes!

Kirby:
I like high living; what you say tempts me!

Dedede:
It's true. Go to Battlefield, Kirby. You will find that it will surpass your wildest dreams!

Kirby:
You mean tin cans with particles of tuna fish stickin' to 'em?
Greasy paper bags stuffed with rotten eggs?

Dedede:
Yep, yep, yep! True, true, true!

Kirby:
That's enough! Don't tell me anymore! I'm going!

Both:
Battlefield is a veritable smorgasbord -orgasbord -orgasbord
After the gates are shut
Each night when the lights go out
It can be found on the ground all around
That's where a puff can glut, glut, glut, glut!

D

Deleted member

wow… smash 4 confirmed for brawl 2.0. truly sad, how things had to be this way :/

(in all seriousness, not a fan of the effect, but at least it's a cool-looking assist trophy)
Hey I love brawl ;_;

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
Hey I love brawl ;_;
it was in jest! i enjoy brawl; it's not really as fun to watch as melee imo, but it's not a bad spectator sport if it's not an MK ditto/ICs aren't present. then again i love watching hungrybox and armada's YL/Puff matches so i guess i'm a fan of slow, methodical games. doubles is particularly fascinating. i could talk about my onions on brawl at length but then i'd be derailing the thread

… and, to prevent this remark from derailing the thread itself, i noticed something from the PoTD caption: “Blinding and reversal effects even make the computer players mess up.” interesting! so is it going to be something like togepi's night shade in melee plus the spear pillar reversal? and i never noticed that computers didn't mess up in the dark, though i guess it makes sense

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This exactly.

Assist looks great, but I cynically I feel I can already tell it's going to be one of the absolute worst to play with.
I want to chalk this up to a trolling move which makes Vaati more likely :troll:

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
To see this guy get an HD upgrade is simply amazing.He looks GREAT! Perhaps this may end up bringing back Nightmare into the Kirby games, somehow.

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
"I need a monster to clobber that there kirby!"
Saturday morning cartoons!
~This is an awesome assist trophy, reminds me of the togepi effect that would make the screen dark. It was always one of my favorite effects she was able to do, its nice to see an assist trophy that specifically does that!

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Nightmare in Dreamland... my first Kirby game. Even now I remember the feeling of defeating King DeDeDe only to have to face this mostrosity using nothing but the Star Rod, the Warp Star, and my courage to help me. It was an epic battle, one that I had to repeat many times before I succeeded.

All this just so some chumps in Dream Land can have "peaceful naps" because apparently they can't sleep unless they're having sweet dreams. Bunch of ingrates. Oh well, the game was really fun and this is an awesome, nostalgia-filled addition to the already stellar Assist Trophy cast Good to see the chaotic "darkness" effect returning in Sm4sh, and it'll finally affect CPUs as well. Can't wait for this game to come out!

ecylisis

Smash Apprentice
Do they honestly think that not being able to see = fun?

I mean he's a cool assist trophy but why, when there was already two assist trophies in Brawl that did the same thing and nobody liked them, would they add another?

CCTANK93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CCTANK93
3DS FC
4296-3062-4792
One of my favorite Kirby final bosses. Glad to see he's here. And thank goodness darkness can mess the CPUs up too.

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
Wow he looks extremely awesome. Best looking AT so far.

One of my favorite Kirby final bosses. Glad to see he's here. And thank goodness darkness can mess the CPUs up too.
Welcome to Smashboards. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
That's pretty cool. I'm hoping we'll see a Legend of Zelda reveal here pretty soon though. I mean it's their other main series apart from Mario, and while I love the diversity of the content, it makes me worried that Zelda has less characters than Kirby and Fire Emblem (Even though I love Fire Emblem to death).

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Visually this assist trophy looks really awesome, can't wait to see the animations in game.

The Nintendog, Togepi's darkness, and Palkia are some the most annoying battle interfering mechanics. So I have a feeling I'm going to hate seeing this Assist Trophy pop up due to the darkness, and reversal of controls.

Though I really love that the computers will be effected by these types of effects. Not that they needed a nerf, but it's really friggin annoying when they seem to have a meta advantage just because you can't see behind the darkness/dog like they can.

Nice to see nightmare. Part of his design I like, other parts I hate, but whatever the case is, he was the final boss of the first Kirby game I ever played. The first half of his fight when you're chasing him was hard (unless you spent enough time to memorize everything he does. still not as hard as Meta Knight... In the NES version that is, in the remake they made him much easier), the second half was laughably easy in both versions to the point where I dare-say that Whispy Woods is more of a challenge than he is.
He started the whole "spooky scary" final boss after King Dedede trend, and the whole teleporting thing as well (which bugs me when people say that Marx started the whole teleporting thing. He set some other trends).

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Oh hey, I was just thinking about him the other day! Now if they'd just put Adeline in we could have a Brawl Smash in the Family.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Onoes, watch out! It's Super Saiyan Waluigi Kamina Marx!

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Wow, I guess you could say these are some DARK times for our fighters. No-one's gonna be very bright when he comes around.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Zero? Zero-Two? We got music for Zero-Two in Brawl, so I am wanting stage hazard/boss.
I'm personally hoping for Marx as the stage hazard and boss. He's Sakurai's own and super memorable. His attacks and stage would be awesome I'm sure. Maybe a fight on giant Nova.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Has anybody noticed this, or is it just me? Look VERY CAREFULLY at the SPACE ABOVE THE MAIN PLATFORM.

This is the For Glory/Final Destination version of Battlefield! \0o0/ I thought he stated there would be NO ITEMS! What is this nightmarish conundrum?! \0o0/

That said, I do think he would have made an interesting Kirby Rep next to Bandanna Dee. I'm happy we get to see Nightmare in Smash Bros.:)

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Man i think it would've been cooler as a boss stage hazard for Fountain of dreams oh well only thing i can think of is

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
There's nothing I love more than not being able to see what I'm doing.

Top Bottom