• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 12th

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Don't worry @ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof - I got this one.

During Pac-Man's trailer, we see the 4 infamous ghosts (in their original sprite forms) flying around the screen, Pac-Man trying to dodge them. Here's the kicker tho - it wasn't on Pac-Maze or even Pac-Land. It was on Dr. Wily's Castle.
Actually, he was right.
They were on the Pac-Maze, it's been confirmed that they are a hazard.

But that doesn't explain Wily's Castle.
So I'm going with Assist Trophy on the Wii U, and hazard on 3DS.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Actually, he was right.
They were on the Pac-Maze, it's been confirmed that they are a hazard.

But that doesn't explain Wily's Castle.
So I'm going with Assist Trophy on the Wii U, and hazard on 3DS.
well yeah, I knew that part, it's fairly obvious, I was pointing out how they were on Wily Castle.

I think they're probably assists in both versions.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
well yeah, I knew that part, it's fairly obvious, I was pointing out how they were on Wily Castle.

I think they're probably assists in both versions.
I can't see a character being both an assist, and a stage hazard.

And they are confirmed to be a hazard on the 3DS.
I remember a Pic of the Day, where Sakurai was showing the Pac-Maze stage, and explained a bit about it.
He said that the Pac-Dots are different for each 3DS (meaning that even if the person your fighting eats a Dot, it wills still be on your screen, or if you eat a dot, it wills till be on the other player's screen). Once you eat all the dots on the screen, you will be able to eat the Ghosts on your screen. So they will be clear from your screen, so they can't hurt you, but they will still be on the other player's screen, meaning they could still hurt the enemy.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I can't see a character being both an assist, and a stage hazard.

And they are confirmed to be a hazard on the 3DS.
I remember a Pic of the Day, where Sakurai was showing the Pac-Maze stage, and explained a bit about it.
He said that the Pac-Dots are different for each 3DS (meaning that even if the person your fighting eats a Dot, it wills still be on your screen, or if you eat a dot, it wills till be on the other player's screen). Once you eat all the dots on the screen, you will be able to eat the Ghosts on your screen. So they will be clear from your screen, so they can't hurt you, but they will still be on the other player's screen, meaning they could still hurt the enemy.
Riddle me this. Have we ever been shown that those 4 ghosts are the ONLY ghosts in the Pac-Man universe? Also, how can we have 4 Pac-Mans, 4 Marios, 4 Sonics, etc. on the same screen but not have an assist of the Ghosts.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I think the reason why we're seeing Namco items and not Sega or Capcom is that it would probably mean more legal hoops the team would have to jump through. (Keep in mind just adding each individual pokemon is a process in itself with Gamefreak)

But since NamcoBandai has an actual hand in development they don't have to go through that, which also might explain how Pac-man got a unique stage for both 3DS & WiiU
So did Sonic.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Could make for a fun item. People need to make items fun again...put all items on low and set stock to 3 or 4. Competitive smash with items

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Perfect ambush. Let the idiots fight over as I nail them with Ike's power hits. Bye bye!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
You're so clever and smart and edgy, now please stop messing with KIU because it's not being overrepresentd?
I guess if you say it is so it must be so; and if you say I must, I must, because the world works just in such ways.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Riddle me this. Have we ever been shown that those 4 ghosts are the ONLY ghosts in the Pac-Man universe?
Yes, we have been shown that Blinky, Inky, Pinky, and Clyde are there own individual characters, and not just generic types of ghosts.

It would be weird to have them as a stage hazard, and then also have some other random colored ghosts as an assist.

Also, how can we have 4 Pac-Mans, 4 Marios, 4 Sonics, etc. on the same screen but not have an assist of the Ghosts.
That's because they're playable characters, so it's obviously necessary to have color swaps. Every fighting game does that.

Why would we have an assist of a stage hazard? A hazard is what makes a stage unique. Putting something that makes a stage unique, and making it available in any other stage is just......flat out stupid.
Sakurai wouldn't do that.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Items are broken and cheap, just look at the Beetle, the Hammer, any explosive in existence and Final Smashes.
True but it would be a game of trying to get get the item first...avoiding the item. It could be fun if you accept the madness

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Yes, we have been shown that Blinky, Inky, Pinky, and Clyde are there own individual characters, and not just generic types of ghosts.

It would be weird to have them as a stage hazard, and then also have some other random colored ghosts as an assist.

That's because they're playable characters, so it's obviously necessary to have color swaps. Every fighting game does that.

Why would we have an assist of a stage hazard? A hazard is what makes a stage unique. Putting something that makes a stage unique, and making it available in any other stage is just......flat out stupid.
Sakurai wouldn't do that.
Inky Blink Pinky and Clyde are Ghosts, the main enemy of the Pac-Man games. We've seen in previous titles that there are more than just those ghosts. Heck, even the awful cartoons showed that!

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
What people don't realize is that you can't move once you've picked it up?
I wonder how long you have to stand in one place for the flag to work. If moving resets the flag being "raised" then you'd have to hope your opponent takes their sweet time if it takes a good while for it to work.
Okay, so I'm confused. From what I read you pick up the item and if you stand still you will automatically raise it in the air. If not, you just run around with it.

Either way, most casual don't know how to catch flying objects so it's getting tossed off stage when ever I play with friends/family just to watch them squeal...

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Not a super huge fan of healing items, but it's cool to get something different, though.... But Sakurai, first the Meta Knight troll, now a #banned item... tomorrow we'll probably get King K. Rool confirmed as an Assist Trophy
This is one of the more fair and fun items shown in the series thus far. If you mean to imply that there are some "#banned" items alongside "completely fair" ones, you're out of it. This is new information. Not every day or week can be a new character. Consider that there are, in all likelihood, just not that many characters in the game. A roster of 45-48 is not unreasonable coming off of Brawl's 39. With 36 characters shown already and unlockables being hidden from the public eye for the time being, expecting more than "filler" updates the majority of the time is a sure-fire setup for disappointment.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Inky Blink Pinky and Clyde are Ghosts, the main enemy of the Pac-Man games. We've seen in previous titles that there are more than just those ghosts. Heck, even the awful cartoons showed that!
Yes, but the stage hazards are obviously the four main ghosts.
And the assist on the Wii U are them too.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
there's no concrete evidence they are indeed the four main ones.
They are Red, Blue, Pink, and Orange.
There have never been any ghosts that color that aren't the main four.

And why the hell would there be ghosts that color in Smash, that aren't the main four? That would be like having Pikachu playable, and also having a random Pikachu as a Pokéball, because it's not THE Pikachu.

You're just grasping at tiny, tiny, tiny straws now Keyblade.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
They are Red, Blue, Pink, and Orange.
There have never been any ghosts that color that aren't the main four.

And why the hell would there be ghosts that color in Smash, that aren't the main four? That would be like having Pikachu playable, and also having a random Pikachu as a Pokéball, because it's not THE Pikachu.

You're just grasping at tiny, tiny, tiny straws now Keyblade.
Actually, yeah, they're have been. PacMan World. Regardless I still think they'll be assists in both.

Also why are we talking here again...

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Anyone notice that tomorrow marks two important milestones?

50 days until Launch for us
Exactly 1 month until Japan launch...

Do you think we'll get any special announcements?

Pokefan203

Smash Apprentice
So basically a backwards final smash.

Guess it might kill somebody if you play as peach then.

WIZRD.Pro

Smash Apprentice
You do know that Inky Blinky Pinky and Clyde are also all used for Pacman's Smash Attacks, right? So that means there can be an upwards of 5 separate versions of the same ghost onscreen at once.

Now riddle me why they can't also be a stage hazard.

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
I hope it's a ridiculous amount of time standing holding it.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Pac-Man looks ****ing sweet here.

:093:

Enchlore

Smash Cadet
NNID
Enchlore
I don't think you can run while holding the flag. It looks like it's similar to the E-Tank from Super Smash Flash 2, which replenishes all of its user's health as long as he or she manages to stay still without being attacked.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Normally, I wouldn't advocate the burning of any flag, but...:ohwell:

This is the one item in the entire Smash Bros. series that I don't care for at all. I'm not any competitive player or anything, but this seems so...unfair.

(This, coming from a guy who's pro-tripping.)

Last edited:

CrossbowPig

Smash Cadet
NNID
CrossbowPig
3DS FC
2621-2883-4274
Well, here's an item I'm going to turn off after I play around with it for a bit.

Unless it has a serious negative effect (EX. Doing a certain amount of damage depending on how many stock you have left) to using it, I'm going to disable it in normal play. I don't need to give my brother ANOTHER advantage.

JPW

Smash Ace
This will actually be good for team battles i reckon. Say your partner uses one of your stocks there's a chance you will be able to get it back now.

Or your partner got killed early and your in a handicap situation 2 on 1. You can grab and your partner can jump back in.

Also there may be moments in matches all kinds where you could be on your last stock and i guarantee it can come in very handy and turn the tide.

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
I bet there's gonna as much competition to get this as there is to get a Smash Ball.
It's possible the S Flag is more valuable. A Final Smash from the Smash Ball is a dramatically overpowered attack designed to knockout, but that's not always a guarantee; the S Flag literally gives you a free point or life, all you have to do is stand about and hope nothing else happens.
All that needs weighing up here now is just how long do you need to camp to get the stock, from there the elites can judge the full implications and it's true value; after all you're giving up time, position, defense and suspending strategy itself for a freebie.

KidKrimzon

Smash Cadet
NNID
KidKrimzon
Wtf? I mean by just doing this your encouraging players to rely on items like these and not get better at the game.
Does "1v1, no items, fox only, final destination" not ring a bell?
You trying to become "the worlds best fox player" should know better.
I'll sum it up for you, Sakurai realizes items have no place in competitive smashing and that its the casual community and "for fun" players that are more inclined to use items. So he decided if its all in good fun, we'll make all of the items ridiculous and wild so you can laugh about it.

You play fox, you want to be the best fox, that means you have the entire competitive community of smash to beat, they don't use items, items should mean nothing to you.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This sounds like it will be a very fun item. Broken as all hell, but fun nonetheless.

Estwood

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3609-2019-2185
Does "1v1, no items, fox only, final destination" not ring a bell?
You trying to become "the worlds best fox player" should know better.
I'll sum it up for you, Sakurai realizes items have no place in competitive smashing and that its the casual community and "for fun" players that are more inclined to use items. So he decided if its all in good fun, we'll make all of the items ridiculous and wild so you can laugh about it.

You play fox, you want to be the best fox, that means you have the entire competitive community of smash to beat, they don't use items, items should mean nothing to you.
This isn't about competitive smash. I won't dictate how casual smash players play the game they paid $60 dollars for, That being said, why not just add a cool item. Seriously, what are you really adding to the game when you put this in?

KidKrimzon

Smash Cadet
NNID
KidKrimzon
This isn't about competitive smash. I won't dictate how casual smash players play the game they paid $60 dollars for, That being said, why not just add a cool item. Seriously, what are you really adding to the game when you put this in?
Then they should take out all food and healing items with that logic. Spacies have lasers anways, we don't need the plasma gun item. While we're at it, thats take out the smash ball, some characters have weaker smashes than others its just not fair and kind of a poor contribution.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
If this takes as long to activate as I'm thinking, it could actually be a pretty fun addition. Hell if it's long enough I'd try to set up some sort of custom game where first to activate it wins.

Top Bottom