• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 12th

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Finally we know what the Special Flag does. Ever since Pac-Man's reveal trailer, I always thought the Special Flag had a different function than acting as an Assist Trophy for Namco characters (like many people believed). I must say, I rather like this item's function. Now people no longer have to borrow lives from their teammates--at least not always.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Interesting, an item affecting your stock / score status. That can help win that match in the Flag holder's favor!

I like. More item-altering mechanics. Keep it up Samurai!

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
All Sonic, Special Flag Only, High drop rate. That'll keep the kids busy for the weekend.

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Oh man I just realized something, wouldn't it suck if you unlocked a new character and this item shows up as you're fighting them and they happen to pick it up?

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Oh man I just realized something, wouldn't it suck if you unlocked a new character and this item shows up as you're fighting them and they happen to pick it up?
Wouldn't they be disabled in that case? It's not a time match, but almost like a soft Sudden Death. I can just imagine the rage from the secret character getting an extra stock.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Wouldn't they be disabled in that case? It's not a time match, but almost like a soft Sudden Death. I can just imagine the rage from the secret character getting an extra stock.
When you fight a character you're unlocking it's always just a single stock match and I don't see the S-flag being disabled for that because in Brawl Smash Balls still appeared during unlock fights.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
The theme of the week is TROLLING. Can't wait to see tomorrow's pic.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
When you fight a character you're unlocking it's always just a single stock match and I don't see the S-flag being disabled for that because in .Brawl Smash Balls still appeared during unlock fights.
But Final Smashes don't present the same disadvantage as the Special Flag. I know it's always a 1 Stock, but I feel the game doesn't really treat it as one per se.

I can see the Special Flag being enabled by default through Smash battles only. It'll be a Team Healer dilemma for singular challenges such as a secret character fight.

gamerjohn1991

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamerjohn1991
3DS FC
5370-1230-7105
CoroCoro's finally made a lot of SSB4 Fans very angry right now! Take a look at this quote:

CoroCoro has clarified the situation and has stated that they will only show everything we know so far, so don’t expect a full roster or new stages. Sakurai will continue to reveal more as he sees fit.

DO YOU KNOW HOW MAD AND ANGRY THAT MAKES ALL OF US RIGHT NOW?! COROCORO LIED TO US!!!

Malion

Smash Ace
I don't see how this is a bad item or even something that should be banned.

He says you have to hold it for a while for it to work. You probably have to strand still for it to charge as well and it probably is very easy to knock out of someone's hands.

It's like trying to do a Snake Codec Taunt in the middle of a serious battle and hoping it will actually work.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
This takes all the fun out of sharestocking. What's the point of waiting until the last second to steal their last spare when they can just replenish it now?

There are a lot of wonderful new items being added to this game, but I think I'll be disabling this one. I usually disable healing items anyway.

I'm a little disappointed to learn the Special Flag won't act like an Assist Trophy for Namco characters like some people speculated; that would have been awesome.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
PIKAsmug

Special Flag: For use in low tier to middle tier tournaments only, side effects may include stock raising or count raising and becoming incredibly smug. Do call your doctor if you see any of the symptoms including those listed above and if you are a low tier and mid tier player. Please take Special Flag cautiously as it will lead to swelling, becoming smug, gaining a life and becoming egotistical.

Special Flag has always helped me in Smash. It should help you too.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Not a super huge fan of healing items, but it's cool to get something different, though.... But Sakurai, first the Meta Knight troll, now a #banned item... tomorrow we'll probably get King K. Rool confirmed as an Assist Trophy

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Would you have preferred whatever item in Kid Icarus would function this way?

Yeah

I didn't think so.
You're so clever and smart and edgy, now please stop messing with KIU because it's not being overrepresentd?

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
I could've guessed as much; the Special Flag gave you an extra life in Xevious, Sky Kid, Dig Dug Arrangement, etc.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
seems like a huge waste, why is this a item, so cheaty, you got to work for them kos just a lame item to me.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Soo much for it being another assist trophy variant for Namco base characters, however this is huge, since we no longer have to take our partner's extra lives during a team battle.

WIZRD.Pro

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Sakurai, when that Thing comes out on the field it won't be a "fierce battle of tactics". No, it will be everyone and their grandmother stopping whatever they're doing and making a mad dash for the flag... Imagine Black Friday without any lines in Hollywood.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Wonder what the spawn rate will be. My bet's on it spawns about as much as the Golden Hammer did in Brawl

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I was actually hoping there'd be something like this for a very long time.

It definitely won't be allowed in tournament play, even in ISP, but it's nice for all-items-on matches.

So... King of the hill mode.
I tell ya what man that dang ol flag just ain't right man just knock em away for a few seconds turn back time a whole dang... five minutes man

Last edited:
Top Bottom