• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - April 23rd

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Yoshi's Egg Throw now leaves a rainbow trail, and we've improved the pose Samus strikes when she fires the Paralyzer. Every staff member is working hard as we brush up whatever we can."

Last edited by a moderator:

Jupo

Smash Cadet
Oh god, what's wrong with Samus's torso? it looks so awkward
Also yoshi's got dem nyan eggs

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
So far Yoshi doesn't seem to be improved at all... I mean all we know is that he stands tall and his eggs got rainbows... what about his recovery?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well his recovery doesn't really any any improvements. If anything he needs a stronger upsmash.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Aesthetic changes are nice to look at, but it would be quite nice to know if there's any tweaks to these two moves outside of looking pretty.

That rainbow trail does look pretty though.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Sakurai: Notice how the egg is able to easily get over Samus and miss her completely. Because screw you, Yoshi!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh god, what's wrong with Samus's torso? it looks so awkward
Also yoshi's got dem nyan eggs
Anybody can do that pose,it's just at a certain angle.

ZetTroxX

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one around here who thinks ZZS is nothing but a sexy marketing gimmick who doesn´t fit in the Nintendo universe AT ALL?

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
If by "improved" you mean "further sexualized", then yes.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
I'm gonna yell out "taste the rainbow" whenever I throw an egg as Yoshi now
I used to play a Yoshi main in Melee who would say "have some protein!" every time. Once, I got out of the way (FFA) and said I wasn't one to stand between a man and his protein.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
"Every staff member is working hard as we brush up whatever we can."

I read:

"Every staff member is working hard as we brush up ZSS's body."

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Samus' pose looks really awkward. I think we all know what they were trying to do with that....

Last edited:

Shalashaska

Banned via Warnings
I love how the Miiverse kids are still whining even though the comment about the team working hard was probably added for that exact reason.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I stood up in my room, did the pose in front of my mirror, and had no back issues, it seems a natural pose for firing the gun I had in my hand, if a bit impractical. These accusations are wild.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Oh em gee guyzz this gurl in vidgja gaem haz boobiz

Get over yourselves. You'd all be much more upset if she was chubby and unattractive. Pick your poison.

DeOnde

Smash Cadet
I don't know what's the big problem with ZSS, Samus has the body of a SUPERATHLETE, she obviously can do some superhuman poses (hope the deviantart people aren't reading this); and there is nothing wrong with this one, it's just a camera angle. And stop complaining about her being "oversexualized", she is just an attractive woman in a spandex suit made for MOBILITY, so there is no way she can avoid the eyes of some; because after all, even PEACH, who always appear wearing an all-covering dress, or sports short at most, gets some nasty looks (and artworks). Let's also not forget that if you beat Metroid in a short time you get an image of Samus in a swimsuit as a reward (it has happened all along).

as a finishing statement...

RAINBOWS!

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Oh em gee guyzz this gurl in vidgja gaem haz boobiz

Get over yourselves. You'd all be much more upset if she was chubby and unattractive. Pick your poison.
I thought she looks a lot more shiner than usual, and I don't mind her "improvements." Also, overly-sexual female characters has been around for years. So this isn't anything shocking.

I don't know what's the big problem with ZSS, Samus has the body of a SUPERATHLETE, she obviously can do some superhuman poses (hope the deviantart people aren't reading this); and there is nothing wrong with this one, it's just a camera angle. And stop complaining about her being "oversexualized", she is just an attractive woman in a spandex suit made for MOBILITY, so there is no way she can avoid the eyes of some; because after all, even PEACH, who always appear wearing an all-covering dress, or sports short at most, gets some nasty looks (and artworks). Let's also not forget that if you beat Metroid in a short time you get an image of Samus in a swimsuit as a reward (it has happened all along).
I mean, without that Chozo DNA, she would be far weaker than she is without the suit. And more than likely, appearance will be affected as well. She'll definitely be a whole lot shorter and a lot less coordinated.

Last edited:

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
RAINBOW! Looks pretty cool. I wish they would give him a Yoshi's Island style moveset. Also, stop arguing about stupid things like sexual characters. Just shut up and deal with it.

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
Also, anyone who thinks that they are trying to make her more sexualized is an idiot. I hope everyone here DOES KNOW that Zero Suit Samus did not originate in Brawl. The design comes from Metroid: Zero Mission for the GameBoy Advance and has been updated to look more modern.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Yep, good example with the new animations, when you see them, you can note that they are truly giving this game a all their efforts, thanks!

Maikou

Smash Ace
@ Malkasaur Malkasaur :Thank you so much! I'm sick of everyone here always going on about Zero Suit Samus being made "sexier" all the time and it annoys me to no end. and some people even want jiggle physics just because they assume that Smash is offically directed towards a 15+ audience despite not many things being further from the truth. And yes, Rating DOES matter. This installment of Smash will undoubtedly be rated E10+.

Top Bottom