• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - April 18th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. The 3DS version will have roughly the same types of Assist Trophies and Pokémon. Just roughly…"

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
For some reason I was always under the impression that both versions would have the same Pokemon and assist trophies.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Is the roughly part referring to the frame thing? They figure into All-Star mode somehow he said so...I imagine they are the same on both systems.

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
"Roughly" contains some unanswered questions behind it. I wonder what is different!

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
pretty sure it means that assists/pokeballs differ among versions slightly, not numbers (although that could be)

Jupo

Smash Cadet
Pic of the day is irrelevant when they release 200+ screenshots in one day ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
As long as we get the same roster for both systems then that is all that matters. I am glad that Isabelle will be on the 3DS version as well.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Oh wow they made a video game girl's ass look nice. What's new.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
"Roughly". I would assume they won't be putting Pokemon in that cause too much frame rate lag or something? If the 3DS has Street Fighter, Smash Bros. would most likely be able to handle Pokemon just fine.

Now, let's hope Grimer gets to be with the Pokemon. :088:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
"Roughly". I would assume they won't be putting Pokemon in that cause too much frame rate lag or something? If the 3DS has Street Fighter, Smash Bros. would most likely be able to handle Pokemon just fine.

Personally, I think it makes more sense for some assist trophies to be cut over Pokemon but that's just me going off of the fact that handhelds are Pokemon's domain so I just feel it'd be a little wierd if some Pokemon got the shaft in the handhelds version of Smash Bros.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

:088::088::088:

My guess is either there's one or two that don't work well enough on the 3DS without causing slowdown, or they'll add a few more during the extra development time the Wii U version has.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I been asking for this for a long time is the both version are gonna be different or same, but look like that the playable character, Assist and pokeball remain the same in both version. That ok then.

Ruben

Smash Cadet
That's a good thing. You don't want to get too different because they are the same game, but at the same time it looks like they are adding just enough incentive to get both.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Yoshi and Diddy are fighting over Isabelle to be their waifu.

So anyway, I'm curious as to which ATs and Pokémon will be version exclusive.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Yoshi and Diddy are fighting over Isabelle to be their waifu.

So anyway, I'm curious as to which ATs and Pokémon will be version exclusive.
I'm guessing whichever ones are from system-exclusive series.
Like an Advance Wars assist, or a Wii Something assist.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I'm guessing that the 3DS Version has one assist trophy from each franchise
I think it will be the ones that are too big and extravagant that won't get it on 3DS and we can assume they keep making wii u assists after the 3DS version comes out

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Huh. That assist trophy doesn't have a black outline.

Where was it that I saw a character argument about a leak, playability, ATs, and the 3DS...?

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I know and I'm basically saying that I approve of Samus's zero suit design in the game.

Top Bottom