• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - April 15th

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
If the characters are all being balanced to be successful on FD then FD would technically be the best right?
Exactly. I'm not even saying it's likely, but people are concerned about this when they don't know what the balance is like in this game.

It's possible Sakurai studied the Japanese Brawl meta, where FD is more prominent.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Exactly. I'm not even saying it's likely, but people are concerned about this when they don't know what the balance is like in this game.

It's possible Sakurai studied the Japanese Brawl meta, where FD is more prominent.
My thought process was literally FD being the competitive choice by sakurai the character will probably be balanced for it then.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Though this is much appreciated, Sakurai could have easily just made an option in the menu to turn stage hazards off. It would be far less work and many people would love the result I'm sure. I like this idea though. By the way, it was pretty assured before. But incase no one has noticed, this officially confirms that the 3DS will be getting Final Destination forms of the stages as well. I'm not a 3DS owner. But it's worth mentioning.

Last edited:

E-ColeWorld

Smash Apprentice
Crybabies will be crybabies

Complaining on the FD stage because it's not BF. How about you just quit smash in general

JakieWinks

Smash Apprentice
To the casual smasher, FD is the most "balanced" stage. In the competitive aspect, it (arguably) isn't the most balanced, but generally speaking most casual players use FD for the 1v1/serious matches. I would definitely love to see some platforms on these stages, it seems like smash4 will have less neutral stages than melee, but my casual friends always go FD when doing a serious match. Sakurai is appealing to the general public by making so many FDs.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
If the characters are all being balanced to be successful on FD then FD would technically be the best right?
That doesn't mean anything. If someone has a fast, long ranged projectile ie Flaoc or has a gameplan predated on the fact they can approach you will nilly and there isn't much to to counter their approach ie DDK's bananas/DA, MK, and sometimes ZSS, then no amount of this so called balancing will outweigh these attributes. Pretty much, if you're a rush down character on FD, you win.

Crybabies will be crybabies

Complaining on the FD stage because it's not BF. How about you just quit smash in general
Your stupidity was unneeded. Maybe since you're a scrub thinking FD is by far the best stage (it is for Player 1 testing and other things, but not for competition). In Melee the ceiling was proportionately low for how far the horizontal blast zones were while in Brawl the ceiling was high for how short the horizontal blast zones were. Unless this issue is fixed, which it doesn't as it looks like it's going with the Brawl case, then BF and SV are better stages.

Japanese meta.... bro, I've been watching Smash for over a decade and Brawl's entire span and FD is the least chosen for all their games. SV and BF are almost always chosen over FD. The only reason it seems more prominent is because only BF, SV, and FD are allowed.

SV though
I dunno what Sakurai is doing to it as of yet. BF and SV are the best though. BF is just my favorite of the 2.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Good point, I hadn't considered that. I remember hearing the Japanese metagame favored camping and especially spammable projectiles more, to the point where Pit spent some time in A Tier when he hangs around the middle of Western tier lists.

Even still, as is it looks like the alternate stages won't even get used in the way they were intended if they all play the exact same and give advantages to the same characters and playstyles.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
This is a very smart thing to do. I really think they are looking to Project M during development. Final destination is awesome, but there are many more stages with their own amazing music that needs to be represented. I only hope the final destination version of each stage is available outside of for glory mode

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
You and your rival, fighting a fair fight. In a canyon. No luck, only skill. And all the while, "Gerudo Valley" plays in the background.

Sakurai, you mad dog.

E-ColeWorld

Smash Apprentice
That doesn't mean anything. If someone has a fast, long ranged projectile ie Flaoc or has a gameplan predated on the fact they can approach you will nilly and there isn't much to to counter their approach ie DDK's bananas/DA, MK, and sometimes ZSS, then no amount of this so called balancing will outweigh these attributes. Pretty much, if you're a rush down character on FD, you win.

Your stupidity was unneeded. Maybe since you're a scrub thinking FD is by far the best stage (it is for Player 1 testing and other things, but not for competition). In Melee the ceiling was proportionately low for how far the horizontal blast zones were while in Brawl the ceiling was high for how short the horizontal blast zones were. Unless this issue is fixed, which it doesn't as it looks like it's going with the Brawl case, then BF and SV are better stages.

Japanese meta.... bro, I've been watching Smash for over a decade and Brawl's entire span and FD is the least chosen for all their games. SV and BF are almost always chosen over FD. The only reason it seems more prominent is because only BF, SV, and FD are allowed.

I dunno what Sakurai is doing to it as of yet. BF and SV are the best though. BF is just my favorite of the 2.
Okay you writing an essay won't change people from crying over a game that not even out. Calling me a scrub and you don't even know who I am. Pfft stfu

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Warning Received
Okay you writing an essay won't change people from crying over a game that not even out. Calling me a scrub and you don't even know who I am. Pfft stfu
Crying and complaining about content in games before they come out is exactly what causes the changes in the gaming industry ie the DRM policy on the XB1. Yes I'm calling you a scrub if you're Ok with playing on the worst neutral in the game. Now, is their anything I should know NOT to call you a scrub?

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Hey let's make this post not awful and overly opinionated yeah? =D

Anybody else hoping he'll be revealing which tracks play on which stages from now on? With how much we learned during the Direct, this would be one minor cool detail he could reveal, especially on the 3DS since they only have 2 songs.

D

Deleted member

Yes I'm calling you a scrub if you're Ok with playing on the worst neutral in the game. Now, is their anything I should know NOT to call you a scrub?
You're not doing Smash, the competitive community, or yourself any favors by acting like a gigantic d-bag.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
You're not doing Smash, the competitive community, or yourself any favors by acting like a gigantic d-bag.
Me a d-bag? Calling all of us a crybaby since we have differing opinions on which stage is better and I'm the d-bag. K. If being blunt is considered being a d-bag quality, then sure I am. I don't like dancing around subjects a lot.
Everyone who plays realizes that FD is the worst neutral and is really not chosen unless: a Snake is involved, or there are no other choices. Most never use FD against Oli and not against DDK, nor ZSS unless they're Ok with getting a quick 70% on them.

D

Deleted member

This is an addition to the game, not a forced change. Sakurai has basically given us a bunch Final Destination reskins. If you don't like this feature, you don't have to use it. There really is no reason for you to complain, and you're getting defensive and being insulting for nothing.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Reskins don't change the fact the FD is fundamentally errored. There's much to complain about and the more people I corral to complain with, the more likely a change could happen (with this mentality, PM was created). I didn't insult you for one, 2, the person I insulted did insult a multitude of people, but I chose to respond. Getting defensive? Nah, more like justifying.

This is an addition that could have been better. What confuses me is that in the direct, Sakurai himself claims that BF is the Smash standard then turns around and only puts in FD. For some reason, a lot of Nintendo fans seem to support the developers and say "if you don't like it, don't use it". Wouldn't a better slogan be "if you don't like it, fix it"? Instead of completely ignoring a feature that took a collaborated effort from Namco and Sora, why is it so painstakingly difficult to add BF? I would say the original slogan you said to me, "don't use it" is more harmful and detrimental towards the game itself.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789

Srry but ur comment is in assumption that this will play like melee but that's obviously not the case. if everybody is balanced for FD then there should not be a problem with it being FD
PS' Link aint no rush down and wrecks on FD in PM

Last edited:

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Srry but ur comment is in assumption that this will play like melee but that's obviously not the case. if everybody is balanced for FD then there should not be a problem with it being FD
PS' Link aint no rush down and wrecks on FD in PM
Yet Link will lose to Lucas, Fox, Flaoc, DDK, and even MK on that stage as they're rushdown and in general can break Link's camp game. My assumption is not based it will play like Melee, but Brawl. And how is it obviously not the case? Very little actual footage was placed so we can determine if it's truly balanced. I highly doubt that a character like Ganon will be "balanced" enough to take a Fox or Flaoc on FD.

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
Yet Link will lose to Lucas, Fox, Flaoc, DDK, and even MK on that stage as they're rushdown and in general can break Link's camp game. My assumption is not based it will play like Melee, but Brawl. And how is it obviously not the case? Very little actual footage was placed so we can determine if it's truly balanced. I highly doubt that a character like Ganon will be "balanced" enough to take a Fox or Flaoc on FD.
Are you purposely misspelling "Falco"?

E-ColeWorld

Smash Apprentice
Crying and complaining about content in games before they come out is exactly what causes the changes in the gaming industry ie the DRM policy on the XB1. Yes I'm calling you a scrub if you're Ok with playing on the worst neutral in the game. Now, is their anything I should know NOT to call you a scrub?
However you will look at it people are going to be sad. They game creator can't and will not please everyone. That's life deal with it. Ill even give you an example. People wanted Mewtwo back, however, Greninja probably took his spot. Now ppl are S*itty! Owell and your opinion differs from millions of people about neutral stage just to answer that. Anyways STFU

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
The Flaoc thing is a joke stemming from Melee into Brawl...... anyway he is not pleasing everyone, but a vast majority of people would be happy if BF was also added to that list. He called BF the Smash Standard in the Direct yet includes only FD. His rationale for that is incomprehensible.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
hmm i guess we will have to wait and see. becuase like many fighting games zoners and rush downs are both pretty good on flat ground and i don't see how if the characters are balanced for FD it can't be the same.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Sooo......am I the only one who notices that this Final Destination is bigger than the Brawl one?

I'm just gonna say it: I'm a casual player, and I'm freaking excited for both Online modes as well as the Final Destinations. though I'm pretty sure we'll still have to unlock FD before we can play any version of it.

A one-on-one duel.....you, and your foe......locked in combat on a single platform inside of a large canyon......with Gerudo Valley music in the background.......

................Shutupdon'tjudgeme
(Sakurai-is-awesome!!)

Top Bottom