• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - April 14th

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
No, of course, i understand that people are hyped to play as greninja cuz it's a cool pokemon, but that's not the way it goes here... when a new character will be revealed, they'll suddenly change their minds again and all claim the new one to be the new main. It's just stupid imo to main a character without even knowing how he plays. We've seen moves, yes, but you haven't played it for yourself... You'll have to wait till smash 4 is out there and able to test all the characters yourself...

I don't have main characters... even though there are three characters under my avatar, they're just three characters i'm hard to beat with... Not calling them my mains. I play all characters. Let's say, i just main them all.
What's wrong with having multiple mains and/or changing your mind? Besides, like I said, how a character plays has little influence on some people like me, who are more concerned on who the character is rather than what he/she does. Then again, I think I'm in the minority when it comes to this train of thought.

LoneWolfRanger

Smash Apprentice
I do not really have mains, but i do have my favorites. In PM Link being one of my best. However, zero suit Maaike takes the crown

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
What's wrong with having multiple mains and/or changing your mind? Besides, like I said, how a character plays has little influence on some people like me, who are more concerned on who the character is rather than what he/she does. Then again, I think I'm in the minority when it comes to this train of thought.
ur really not getting my point, do you? -_-

first new character announced... "oooh I'm gonna main that one"
second new character confirmed... "I'm gonna main this one"
third new character revealed... "this one's gonna be my main for sure"
fourth new character shown... "This one's so awesome, maining this one for sure..."

get it now?

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi

fourth new character shown... "This one's so awesome, maining this one for sure..."

get it now?
I don't do that and I certainly hope most people do that. Of the new characters revealed, Greninja seems to have the least glaring problems, maybe a problem killing as ninjas are notoriously underpowered: Little Mac easily gimped, Villager seems to have high end lag, WFT suffers from range while also having an eh projectile, Rosalina is too dependent on Luma, MM seems to just be awkward. Why I say Greninja I will main is because whatever new Poke is revealed, I will main along with my DK or Ganon. I've done that with all the Smash games since SSBM.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
don't you find that boring, to play mostly the same characters? It might take some time, but it is more fun the more characters you master... Of course i don't play every single character, but let's say i play at least 2/3 of the brawl roster with the chance of winning still high.

Everyone chooses this for theirselves of course, but it would get boring to have the same enemy character all the time cuz it's claimed to be a main for that person...

Radori

Smash Rookie
NNID
Radoric
3DS FC
3222-5564-7850
Even with Protean though, Greninja isn't that overpowered. Heck, one use of Ice Beam will potentially lead to a Scizor Bullet Punching Greninja to death.
Because Greninja's totally don't run Hidden Power Fire just for Scizor and Ferrothorn, right? (;

Anyway, it looks like he'll be a charge character like in 2D fighters such as Street Fighter BlazBlue and Persona 4 Arena. If this is the case and he can press Normal and Smash attacks still while hold down B, you'll be able to do some pretty nifty combos and setups. My only hope with this is being able to change your buttons still so I can make my R button my special attack button.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord

get it now?
I think people have only said that about 1 or 2 of the 6 newcomers, but what people should stop doing is saying that every newcomer is broken

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I think people have only said that about 1 or 2 of the 6 newcomers, but what people should stop doing is saying that every newcomer is broken
yeah, agreeing with you on that thing... though i'm still sceptical about little mac, It seems Final Destination really is his most advantage-like stage. His one-hit KO move is something that kinda frightens me... it sounds OP... though his recovery and air attacks are far worse, he does have advantage on the stage itself and that is where most of the time is spent in a match... but all other newcomers seem perfectly fine to me... AND, the game is still in development and everything we've seen so far can still change.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
yeah, agreeing with you on that thing... though i'm still sceptical about little mac, It seems Final Destination really is his most advantage-like stage. His one-hit KO move is something that kinda frightens me... it sounds OP... though his recovery and air attacks are far worse, he does have advantage on the stage itself and that is where most of the time is spent in a match... but all other newcomers seem perfectly fine to me... AND, the game is still in development and everything we've seen so far can still change.
Although it looks pretty easy to dodge since he's stuck on the ground when doing it

TheQuasiZillionaire

Smash Cadet
yeah, agreeing with you on that thing... though i'm still sceptical about little mac, It seems Final Destination really is his most advantage-like stage. His one-hit KO move is something that kinda frightens me... it sounds OP... though his recovery and air attacks are far worse, he does have advantage on the stage itself and that is where most of the time is spent in a match...
Little Mac will be kind of OP among casual gamers, but in the professional crowd, the one-hit KO won't be a big deal. One well-timed dodge makes it useless, and you have to take significant damage before it's even available. I think his awful aerial ability will actually make him a low-tier character in the pros.

In any case, making detailed analyses at this point is dumb. We've only seen clips, and we don't know anything tangible about any character's mechanics. I'm perfectly happy to just wait for the release before I make judgments.

TheQuasiZillionaire

Smash Cadet
I feel like I should just say that it annoys me how people are already "claiming" their mains. All we know about any of the characters comes from clips and pictures. We don't have any experience with mechanics, hitboxes, timing, or anything, so how can we say for certain who we will like the most? Picking a character just because they look cool is kinda counter-intuitive if you ask me.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I feel like I should just say that it annoys me how people are already "claiming" their mains. All we know about any of the characters comes from clips and pictures. We don't have any experience with mechanics, hitboxes, timing, or anything, so how can we say for certain who we will like the most? Picking a character just because they look cool is kinda counter-intuitive if you ask me.
exactly my point! Thank god i'm not the only one thinking like that.

BladeOFLucas

Smash Journeyman
Does this side-b do damage on its on? If it does, is it unavoidable? If yes to both, then there is the potential for annoying noob spamming.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568

get it now?
I can understand you may be upset about the flipfloppers, but who's to say you can't have four mains?

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
that still confirms what I'm saying... yes four mains may be possible, but it kinda obvious when all four of them are newcomers, right?

Top Bottom