• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Smash Wii U: Will it keep people who put the 3DS version down entertained?

xxMiles

Smash Apprentice
It looks like it'll have just as much stuff to keep me entertained for a while, but I'm worried that I'll get bored of it after a few weeks.

I enjoyed Brawl and played it for years, I'm just kinda surprised that I put down Smash 3DS for a while at this point.

I still am hyped for Smash Wii U, but I guess I'm hoping for it to entertain me for a few years or so, like Brawl did. Brawl was pretty much one of my favorite Smash Bros. games.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Yeah I know what you mean, sometimes I get extremely bored of smash 3DS but not brawl so I'm fully expecting Smash Wii U to hold me over my whole life LOL for the the following reason:
-HD (YAAASSS gaga)
-My whole family can finally all play at the same time
-Master/Special Orders
-Classic new and improved
-All Star
-EVENTS
-Challenges
-Music
Just those things alone lets me know this game will surpass all its' predecessors

xxMiles

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I know what you mean, sometimes I get extremely bored of smash 3DS but not brawl so I'm fully expecting Smash Wii U to hold me over my whole life LOL for the the following reason:
-HD (YAAASSS gaga)
-My whole family can finally all play at the same time
-Master/Special Orders
-Classic new and improved
-All Star
-EVENTS
-Challenges
-Music
Just those things alone lets me know this game will surpass all its' predecessors
Well, all I want is a HD Brawl (what I mean by that is a fun Smash game).

I don't know, I just hope that it's not barebones like the 3DS version is, otherwise I might have a hard time justifying the $99 for the Smash Wii U bundle.

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
Oh I know it will keep me entertained. I'm sure my playtime for 3ds (while being at home) will significantly drop.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Well, all I want is a HD Brawl (what I mean by that is a fun Smash game).

I don't know, I just hope that it's not barebones like the 3DS version is, otherwise I might have a hard time justifying the $99 for the Smash Wii U bundle.
IMO it won't be like the 3DS version, where I almost feel like it was a waste of money and I should have waited for the Wii U version, it'll at least be on par with Brawl or better. It depends on what you look for in the game

xxMiles

Smash Apprentice
IMO it won't be like the 3DS version, where I almost feel like it was a waste of money and I should have waited for the Wii U version, it'll at least be on par with Brawl or better. It depends on what you look for in the game
Yeah, I feel that the Wii U version would be more special had I passed on the 3DS version and just waited for the Wii U version.

I mean, it'll still be exciting to play the definite/true version of Smash 4, but it's not "OMG, Smash 4!!!!!!" hype level. I already played the game a month ago, ya know?

D

Deleted member 245254

Yeah, I feel that the Wii U version would be more special had I passed on the 3DS version and just waited for the Wii U version.

I mean, it'll still be exciting to play the definite/true version of Smash 4, but it's not "OMG, Smash 4!!!!!!" hype level. I already played the game a month ago, ya know?
Not really. You played Smash for 3DS a month ago. Not Smash for Wii U. Smash for Wii U may have the same game mechanics and be part of the same franchise but it's an entirely different game otherwise. Playing the 3DS version doesn't have any equivelancy to having played Smash Tour, or The new Event mode, or...8P Smash.

Where I feel Smash 3DS possibly suffers is that many do not consider the 3DS version as their optimal vessel of practice, neither their optimal control scheme of practice. Therefore practice is seen as possibly wasted time. That's not true though. Different control scheme or not the skills and aptitude you picked up from Smash 3DS will transfer to Wii U at the very least partially. That was really the 3rd major reason for anyone getting Smash 3DS under portability, and lack of a desire to purchase a Wii U.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I would say that most people put down the 3DS version because they were waiting for the Wii U version.

Soul.

Nah lol. I'm not interested on the Wii U.
Smash 3DS isn't boring to me. Not an appetizer either.

Kontrol

Smash Rookie
I think just having a gamecube controller alone with make the game a lot more approachable by lots of players.

xxMiles

Smash Apprentice
Not really. You played Smash for 3DS a month ago. Not Smash for Wii U. Smash for Wii U may have the same game mechanics and be part of the same franchise but it's an entirely different game otherwise. Playing the 3DS version doesn't have any equivelancy to having played Smash Tour, or The new Event mode, or...8P Smash.

Where I feel Smash 3DS possibly suffers is that many do not consider the 3DS version as their optimal vessel of practice, neither their optimal control scheme of practice. Therefore practice is seen as possibly wasted time. That's not true though. Different control scheme or not the skills and aptitude you picked up from Smash 3DS will transfer to Wii U at the very least partially. That was really the 3rd major reason for anyone getting Smash 3DS under portability, and lack of a desire to purchase a Wii U.
My issue is that I was really excited on the first day/first two weeks, then my interest gradually faltered. It's still fun if I bring my 3DS out and play whenever I'm not home, but I get what you're saying.

Top Bottom