• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I know, it's the "movement" radical. It's a pretty common one - 迫遠込進返 etc.

I'm using the mnemonic method, make a short story about the character based on the components. It has worked well so far.
Yeah, some character's radical are easy to know, whereas some are really need to go back and find it out.
Also that 込 is Simplified Chinese character. I don't really know that character.
Hm… Chinese is my first language so I learn Chinese by knowing the Zhuyingfuhao. I still use this to type Chinese occasionally on my phone.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
OK so.
I'm trying to find a name for one of the arc of my story, but I don't know what to choose.
To put in context, the arc in question is heavily inspired by Metroid and Dead Space. So I am trying to find a name with the theme of "cold, "space" and the name sound that it could for a arc where the main theme are aline and horror.
So, if anyone can help me by any hazard, give me some suggestion and I will be very happy to see what idea you have in mind!
Meanwhile, I will try to find some idea by myself, but I'm really curious and open to any idea.
On those word, have a great night!
SPACE GHOST COAST TO COAST

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Use one of the space words - (Cosmic, Astro, Extraterrestrial, Exoplanet, Interstellar, Interplanetary) - and one of the horror words (phobia, horror, terror, fear, dread). Like "Extraterrestrial Terrors".

(Also, "hasard" means chance in French, but it only means "danger" in English.)
Thank you alot sir for that! I...
(Also, "hasard" means chance in French, but it only means "danger" in English.)
...wut?
Goddamnit English, why you must do this to me? >:C
How the mighty has fallen. I still remember when I joined on 2014...

Now I barely look at this place.
I also look alot less at Smashboard due to this thread being inactif most of the time and the NintenZone being...well, not for me.
Tough, there is still some activity, from time to time...
(I wish I had still my premium:011:)

D

Deleted member

How the mighty has fallen. I still remember when I joined on 2014...

Now I barely look at this place.
I remember all of 2014 as if it were yesterday. Good times.
That year is definitely the GOAT of the decade, right up there with 2010. But enough about the year itself.

Social Threads 2.0 and 3.0 were pretty crazy in terms of activity. Even though image and video-only posts flooded both threads, I think it was pretty good for the most part.

(I wish I had still my premium:011:)
I don't think you're missing out on anything in regards to the Disco Room. It's just as active as this thread... well, I'm talking about the Oops thread in particular, anyway. Unless you want a Premium membership for custom user titles, post backgrounds, and a larger avatar size.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That year is definitely the GOAT of the decade, right up there with 2010. But enough about the year itself.

Social Threads 2.0 and 3.0 were pretty crazy in terms of activity. Even though image and video-only posts flooded both threads, I think it was pretty good for the most part.

I don't think you're missing out on anything in regards to the Disco Room. It's just as active as this thread... well, I'm talking about the Oops thread in particular, anyway. Unless you want a Premium membership for custom user titles, post backgrounds, and a larger avatar size.
Even if the DR was Deader Than Disco. (( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)) Having premium will be good just for bigger avatar, custom title and bigger signature.
Because good luck to find small good image on the internet.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

2014 was a good year.
Hard to think we went from the most active part of Smashboards to this.
Eventually the Smash 4 Social will fade into legend. People will write songs about it. Sure, some stuff may be left out or events changed through retellings but the spirit of the thread will be passed on to a new generation.
Or maybe something less romanticised will happen, you never know :/. It's not like the spirit of the Miiverse PotD thread passed on anywhere.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm doing a drawing right now, but I really don't know if I will post it or not. :/ Or even finish it...
Man, drawing muscular people is haaaaaaaard. :x

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'll be more active here once I'm back at college and have free WiFi again. SmashBoards depletes your mobile data really quickly.
The next week is rather empty for me.

2014 was flat out the most terrible time for me in the 2010s. The 3rd semester at college was literal hell.

Yeah, some character's radical are easy to know, whereas some are really need to go back and find it out.
Also that 込 is Simplified Chinese character. I don't really know that character.
Hm… Chinese is my first language so I learn Chinese by knowing the Zhuyingfuhao. I still use this to type Chinese occasionally on my phone.
Ah, looks like 込 is used only in Japan. Oops. It means "crowded".
Zhuyingfuhao looks like Kana in its use. Except it is only used in teaching and not in the actual language.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
how do people survive college
I'm a freshman trying to make it through the semester lmao
Through the realisation that this is the only way I can hope to land a job.

I'm in my 7th semester now. May can't come soon enough. :p

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Ah, looks like 込 is used only in Japan. Oops. It means "crowded".
Zhuyingfuhao looks like Kana in its use. Except it is only used in teaching and not in the actual language.
Much like the alphabet, Zhuyingfuhao makes the vowel for a character, it's also possible for a character to have more than one vowel. Zhuyingfuhao is also only used in Taiwan, so oddly enough there are some losers in Taiwan want to get rid of Zhuyingfuhao and replace it with Roman alphabet system…
Japanese only has high and low tone, Chinese has four tones.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I finished Shadow of Mordor.
Feel like someone shoryukened my balls.
I went in expecting an epic 1 on 1 swordfight against Sauron and got Dying Light instead,
**** this sequel bait ending.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I finished Shadow of Mordor.
Feel like someone shoryukened my balls.
I went in expecting an epic 1 on 1 swordfight against Sauron and got Dying Light instead,
**** this sequel bait ending.
How was the rest of it? I never played it but sort of wanted to when it first released.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
How was the rest of it? I never played it but sort of wanted to when it first released.
Oh, the game itself is incredible. Totally recommend it.
It is really repetitive in the first half (literally all you do is kill enemies, there's no other thing to do), but it gets much, much better when you get the ability to control uruks and go around sending tasks to your manipulated uruks to kill other captains so they can rise in ranks and become bodyguards, then tell them to betray their protegees and either kill that protegee OR control him as well, and expand your web of power over Sauron's army.
Even if this didn't exist, I'd still recommend the game. It's a Arkham game without all the gadgets and just a bow, dagger, sword and supernatural powers. It's so, so fun.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Currently playing Shovel Knight for the first time! About to fight Polar Knight. I love this game, everything about it just feels like a fun game to play, aside from the reallly really really frustrating parts.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Dude, it's been eons since I last visited. I think it was around March or something like that. I became a Discussions Moderator on that new wiki I discussed about heading to after SmashBoards, and likely going to be promoted to Admin soon.

Don't play much Smash anymore due to studies, but life is good overall. :4dk:

Preach it dude. It was hectic, but it was a really good time. Though we kept [Imagine I said it in your head]posting like there was no tomorrow and the market crashed when new rules were being implemented and a lot of people got punished for taking advantage of the hype train. Still was fun even until I left back last August.

EDIT: Speaking of wikis, does anyone remember when we HAD a wiki for Smash 4 Social?

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Dude, it's been eons since I last visited. I think it was around March or something like that. I became a Discussions Moderator on that new wiki I discussed about heading to after SmashBoards, and likely going to be promoted to Admin soon.

Preach it dude. It was hectic, but it was a really good time. Though we kept [Imagine I said it in your head]posting like there was no tomorrow and the market crashed when new rules were being implemented and a lot of people got punished for taking advantage of the hype train. Still was fun even until I left back last August.
Hey, I remember you.

Wonder how many old faces are still around.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey, I remember you.

Wonder how many old faces are still around.
Hey, I don't remember you. You probably changed your name or something.

I visit every-so-often, but I don't really frequent as much as I used to with my memeposting self. God, my early days were really cringy for me when I look back to early 2014.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Hey, I don't remember you. You probably changed your name or something.

I visit every-so-often, but I don't really frequent as much as I used to with my memeposting self. God, my early days were really cringy for me when I look back to early 2014.
This sounds familiar?

"Praise our Lord and Savious Spider-Man"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This sounds familiar?

"Praise our Lord and Savious Spider-Man"
No, but I remember someone who was really into Yaoi and/or Yuri, Fal, Flight, and the memeposter Space Stranger. That is literally all who I remember fondly within Social. :upsidedown: I haven't frequented in over a year, I'm bound to forget people unless I see them and instantly recognize them, but those four are who I have good memories with off the bat.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

EDIT: Speaking of wikis, does anyone remember when we HAD a wiki for Smash 4 Social?
I remember the wiki. We were so meta.
I remember my page only had a few lines on it. I never bothered to edit it.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
No, but I remember someone who was really into Yaoi and/or Yuri, Fal, Flight, and the memeposter Space Stranger. That is literally all who I remember fondly within Social. :upsidedown: I haven't frequented in over a year, I'm bound to forget people unless I see them and instantly recognize them, but those four are who I have good memories with off the bat.
Nintendo-Spider151. I was the waifu guy.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The ladies in Overwatch goes in this order for me:

Mercy, Widowmaker, Dva, Symmetra, Pharah, Tracer, Zarya, Mei, Ana.

If that Sombra leak is legit she'll probably fit right after Widowmaker.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
The ladies in Overwatch goes in this order for me:

Mercy, Widowmaker, Dva, Symmetra, Pharah, Tracer, Zarya, Mei, Ana.

If that Sombra leak is legit she'll probably fit right after Widowmaker.
Let's see....for me it goes something like this:
Mercy, Tracer, Widowmaker, Symmetra, D. Va, Pharah, Zary, Ana, Mei
Idk how Sombra would fit in there if the leak is legit. Probably in the Bastion's biggest nightmare category.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Ah, glad to see you again. :b:
I've been good. Been less active here myself due to college and family, but I still keep tabs on the place.

The wiki is a fond memory. Probably a cringey reminder of their actions for some but I see it as the zenith of what we Socialites could do in our boredom. :p

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Let's see....for me it goes something like this:
Mercy, Tracer, Widowmaker, Symmetra, D. Va, Pharah, Zary, Ana, Mei
Idk how Sombra would fit in there if the leak is legit. Probably in the Bastion's biggest nightmare category.
Bastion's biggest nightmare? Isn't that Genji?

Top Bottom