• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - October 29th

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I actually prefer Classic Mode from the 3DS version more than the Wii U version but it's still alright.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I actually like this PotD, I was still a bit confused about how this mode would work after the Direct.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Wait a minute, you defeat rival and then join as your teamate in team battles?
Cool! I hope their A.I. Don't suck like in the 3DS classic...

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I actually prefer Classic Mode from the 3DS version more than the Wii U version but it's still alright.
Yeah, this is a mess and it doesn't look like Classic mode anymore. It's just a mish mash of fights that happen. Doesn't change that 3DS Classic is still a grindfest.

Last edited:

PreciseMotion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PreciseMotion
This is just my own opinion, but I swear classic mode gets consistantly worse in every iteration of Smash Bros. 64 did it the best, Melee was pretty good, Brawl was okay, 3DS is meh, and this ain't really classic mode at all. It might be pretty good, but I dunno about it right now, and it's certainly not classic mode, no matter how you look at it.
A series of random challenge battles like oversized characters, following up by fighting the master hand. Sounds like classic mode to me. With some player choice involved.

NiderQueen

Smash Cadet
NNID
YakiStrider2409
3DS FC
2681-0178-5926
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. Classic mode in the Wii U version is set up like a battle coliseum with multiple fighters teamed up with each other. Move your trophy and join in anywhere you want. You can see faint images of stages on the platform--the number of fighters clustered on those images indicates the number of fighters you'll face. As you can see, this feature leverages the fact that the game supports multiplayer with up to eight players."

He also posted a second picture and comment: "After each battle, the fighters that lost get blown away!! The fighters remaining on the field will once again team up with other fighters on the field. You can actually choose fighters you've blown away to join your team in team battles. A rival will always appear in this mode, and the longer that character survives, the stronger it will get."

this is very interesting how classic will work this time around

Omegascizor456

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aldog12
3DS FC
2449-5093-2142
I have to say I kinda wish they kept classic mode the same because I found it very enjoyable and actually making me want to play it often but this looks pretty mediocre and bad to be honest!:(

Top Bottom