• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Vids feat. Isai, Johnny, Hung, and Park

Dancin Jesus

Smash Apprentice
yup, i wanted a grasp of people to not beilve me so they'd challenge me. i feel bad =(

DarK LinK -X-

Smash Apprentice
Just as long as everyone has things straight it's all good. But your an asshat for doing that jesus, and I mean that in a nice way =P

Captain_Obvious

Smash Journeyman
The good kind of asshat.

See? Caring and Sharing; it's what SSB64 is all about. You won't find a good connotation for "asshat" anywhere else.

- Captain R.D. Obvious

Liku

Smash Journeyman
What the ****? Items? In my book those matches are bull****. No need to cram luck into a fighting game and negate a lot of skill.

And Johnny grabs more than Ken, what a douche.

Moocow007

Smash Ace
West coast used to be really big on items, even in tournaments. I guess that style of play transitioned into SSB64 back then.

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
Liku, you sound so pro
wanna 1v1?
I'll promise you I wont use grab on you too

Those matches took place in 2002, I started playing Smash December of 2001, when Winter break started
So what if I used grabs a lot; it works, doesn't it?

D

Deleted member

What the ****? Items? In my book those matches are bull****. No need to cram luck into a fighting game and negate a lot of skill.

And Johnny grabs more than Ken, what a douche.
why the hate? maybe it's just how he plays.

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
And also, are you saying that it takes luck to throw a beam sword and hit someone?
Cause I thought it took aiming and timing to do it
And when a heart drops down onto the ground, is it luck that one person knocks the other out to get it?

The items are on for everyone, if your opponent happens to get the heart right after you die, tough
They'd probably feel the same way if you picked up a heart just when they died, too
The items in the game on give more variety to the gameplay
Every single match you play does not need to be competitive
It could also be for Fun.

You know what I think? I think you're just no good at using items, so you make it seem like it's a bad thing to use items.

Dancin Jesus

Smash Apprentice
idk... i would associate a Smash Master being great at the game. what do u mean by terrible?

Dancin Jesus

Smash Apprentice
And also, are you saying that it takes luck to throw a beam sword and hit someone?
And when a heart drops down onto the ground, is it luck that one person knocks the other out to get it?

The items are on for everyone, if your opponent happens to get the heart right after you die, tough
They'd probably feel the same way if you picked up a heart just when they died, too

You know what I think? I think you're just no good at using items, so you make it seem like it's a bad thing to use items.
BOOO ITEMS!

D

Deleted member

idk... i would associate a Smash Master being great at the game. what do u mean by terrible?
I mean isai 3 stocks me all over just like my friends used to do when I first started playing. I can only play one character decently, and if I switch to anyone else I get killed. I don't play stupid but my technical skill and execution are crap.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
I stopped Using items when I became fox. It became unfair for me (Fox) to outrun mario and Link (friend's characters) to all the items. It also diverted us from actually playing. But it was hella fun.

Liku

Smash Journeyman

Usage of the items has nothing to do with the skill, the the items themselves that're pure luck.

Like you said, a Heart on the stage while you die or are trying to make a return just negates all the effort from that one life because of pure luck. I have most of my beef with Hearts, I'll play with anything but those, don't mind the others too much. Or a pill that drops and you throw it, it can explode or turn to an item that'll help you opponent rock your face off. It's just luck.

I mostly hate items and whatnot because I tend to get the short end of the stick and a nice coating of ****, usually in SSBM. My friend's Luigi 60-80% of the time gets the rocket Missle on his returns.

I'm not pro, nor anywhere near it; but it's annoying when people resort to ****ty tactics just to win. If it works, **** use it, it's just annoying.

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
I guess so. Like you said, you're not pro or anything, so I dont think you know what you're talking about saying tactics are annoying or not
I guess I can say grabbing is a pro tactic, so there
I dont get it, why are you complaining so much? It's not like I killed you with it
The person I played, didnt complain or anything, so why are you?

Liku

Smash Journeyman
Like you said, you're not pro or anything, so I dont think you know what you're talking about saying tactics are annoying or not
I don't know what I'm talking about when stating an opinion; that doesn't make much sense now does it?

And I'm *****ing simply because I can; not all comments are going to be happy ***-kissing responses.

Go go Isai!

Liku

Smash Journeyman
That'd be pretty sweet. He's good, the matches between you two are nuts.... recent ones.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Does it ever seem like people are running into you isai. Cuz I notice with your falcon that you seem to get a combo in when the player either SH's into you without atttacking or gets hit with yout Bair and cant react fast enough. I kinda see a "wall" potential, unless its already being used.

D

Deleted member

it's difficult to fight without running at each other.

me and my friends used to pretend all of our characters were friends and we'd just run around the stage and not hit each other. if you run into each other like that you can react as fast as you want.

valoem

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't change the fact it's annoying.
America's Smash 64 Power rankings:

1. Isai
2. Johnny
3. Hung (not sure, but he is very good)
4. who cares?

Those video were recorded in 2002 and they were waay ahead of their time. It's 2006 now I think not sure though. Sometime between 2002 and 2006 Isai moved up the ranks from best human player to monster and then finally to his current status of demon. You may be asking me why I don't consider him god. That's because he's not. We were at Penn Station (train station) in New York after getting Chicken and Rice and Isai was like "yo dude check this out" I couldn't believe what this psycho did. He waited for an Amtrak to come these are the fast bullet trains not that slow bull**** you get in NJ Rail. The instant the train approached he jumped down onto the tracks, and I was OOO **** no. He ran at the train and KNEED the ****ing train. He did manage to derail it, but he ****ed up his knee so badly in the process that I had to take him to the hospital for 2 days, cut off a homeless man's leg (which is a real hassle cause only homeless people in Berkeley sell legs), and give it to him. Not God though, God could knee a train and be fine actually Barnes tried it too and he was fine.

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
and don't forget the time we were at the hookah bar in ny with isai and you, your roommate, and your roomate's girlfriend were all passed out from smoking too much, and it was down to me (a smoker) and isai. isai was going hit for hit with me. our eyes were locked dead, neither of us blinking. i took a huge pull from the hookah. the cherry flavored tabacco tickled my lungs. i passed the mouthpiece to isai, as he muttered with fury, "watch this." isai proceeded to take a hit so hard from the hookah that it actually imploded! the hookah ****ing imploded! then he started casually sauntering around the room, taking hits from everyone elses hookah, without expelling any smoke or taking a breath. it was at this point that i realized i have a man crush on isai. then he sat back down on the couch for like five whole minutes before blowing out the smoke. and also he breathed fire. green and blue fire, with a hint of purple. it was probably maybe the coolest thing i've ever seen.

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what I'm talking about when stating an opinion; that doesn't make much sense now does it?

You called me a "douche". That's an opinion?
That feels like an insult to me. Or maybe an *** kissing method to Isai.

D

Deleted member

I recommend you avoid chic-a-filet 20 minutes south of atlanta before 10 AM. Smuggled chicken will literally kill you.

The milkshakes at the Old Fashioned Diner in Ellicott City, Maryland at 4:30 AM are very good, even if the selection is a bit limited.

Liku

Smash Journeyman
America's Smash 64 Power rankings:

1. Isai
2. Johnny
3. Hung (not sure, but he is very good)
4. who cares?

Those video were recorded in 2002 and they were waay ahead of their time. It's 2006 now I think not sure though. Sometime between 2002 and 2006 Isai moved up the ranks from best human player to monster and then finally to his current status of demon. You may be asking me why I don't consider him god. That's because he's not. We were at Penn Station (train station) in New York after getting Chicken and Rice and Isai was like "yo dude check this out" I couldn't believe what this psycho did. He waited for an Amtrak to come these are the fast bullet trains not that slow bull**** you get in NJ Rail. The instant the train approached he jumped down onto the tracks, and I was OOO **** no. He ran at the train and KNEED the ****ing train. He did manage to derail it, but he ****ed up his knee so badly in the process that I had to take him to the hospital for 2 days, cut off a homeless man's leg (which is a real hassle cause only homeless people in Berkeley sell legs), and give it to him. Not God though, God could knee a train and be fine actually Barnes tried it too and he was fine.
Best.Post.Ever.
You called me a "douche". That's an opinion?
That feels like an insult to me. Or maybe an *** kissing method to Isai.
Actually, yeah, it is an opinion. Suck for you if you were offended.

Top Bottom