• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Update is out

Khao

Smash Lord
When I booted up my game, there was some pop-up window or message before the title screen came up that I completely missed because I accidentally pressed the A button or something when that window popped up.

I hope it was just an indicator window of some kind saying "the game has now been updated," but I could have sworn I saw a selection had to be made in that window, as in you select yes or no to whatever question came up. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, did I miss something important or was it nothing?

@Wintropy , I did not have any issues like that one.
When booting up the game:
Your friends can send replays, Mii
Fighters, snapshots, and stages
to you using Share mode. You can
also receive notifications.
Would you like to receive these?
[No] [OK]
And when going to the main menu from the title screen for the first time:

You can now jump to Nintendo eShop from the
Notifications screen. View the Notifications
screen by selecting Notices & eShop.

[OK]​

Last edited:

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
I'm just glad Sonic's USmash and Fsmash are still as godly as ever. xD
Ah, that's good to hear, I use his Up smash alot. I've got pretty good at using it despite it's lack of range. I haven't been able to test him out much as I've been busy with my daughter. But when she gets put to bed I'll finish up my Mewtwo moveset video and get straight on it.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Dark Pit?? Are his buffs/nerfs the same as Regular Pit?

I didn't want the forward throw nerfed even if it is for the down spike :((
I tried and the changes are the same...

____

Also, see how when you use Falcon or Fox's Side Bs, they don't go off stage? Pit and Dark pit do. Was that a thing before?

Skydra

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure what anyone would have thought that DKs Bair would have less landing lag because I'm seeing no difference.

Bouncing fish may have less KO power , but it would need more testing.

Last edited:

Pink'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3624-7812
Is Falco's run speed faster? He feels a little quicker on the ground now.

Skydra

Smash Cadet
P
Is Falco's run speed faster? He feels a little quicker on the ground now.
I don't think so, but are there any Falco players around to confirm? Looks like dair is virtually unchanged though.

kyoskue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyoskue
3DS FC
4468-0977-7278
Link's crouching jab cancel and ability to walk while jabbing seems to be gone, but I'm rusty so some confirmation would be nice.
You can still soft throw bombs and catching the boomerang during grounded down thrust cancels its lag.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
— Is it just me, or did Sheik's DSmash lose a hit? It does 2 now, but I think it used to do 3 if you were close enough. The hit it lost was the earliest one as Sheik's legs go out (her legs now pass through the opponent on the initial kick out before doing two hits on the spin, it's really noticeable), so there's also an effective increase in startup time as well as a decrease in damage output.

— Sonic's UTilt feels easier to land (either faster or slightly bigger hitbox or both), and I think it does one less hit than it used to. 2 hits now, didn't it used to be 3 if the foe was close enough?
— Did Sonic's Homing Attack always cause more damage and knockback when you let it "charge" longer?
— Tapping up on the control stick no longer causes Sonic to jump when charging a Spin Dash if you have Tap Jump off.

— For Meta Knight, it feels like it's easier to extend Mach Tornado's duration. Can anyone else confirm? Also, it feels like Shuttle Loop has more directional influence but that could be just me.

— Mii Gunner's DSmash feels like it has more range (tested using a smallest-size Mii).
— Grenade Launch projectile feels like it bounces higher and farther.

P.S. Mewtwo's Confusion is godlike. It true combos into dashing USmash for 25% total in Training mode.

All tests were done on the Wii U version.

Last edited:

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
— Sonic's UTilt feels easier to land (either faster or slightly bigger hitbox or both), and I think it does one less hit than it used to. 2 hits now, didn't it used to be 3 if the foe was close enough?
— Did Sonic's Homing Attack always cause more damage and knockback when you let it "charge" longer?
— Tapping up on the control stick no longer causes Sonic to jump when charging a Spin Dash if you have Tap Jump off.
Homing attack did do More damage if you let it charge, it could kill at higher %'s.

Ah, I'll test out Up tilt, I always did like that move, shame they give it barely any range. And I think it did 2 in this game. You're probably think of Brawl Sonic.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Alright its either he runs faster or they sped up the animation for it. Because falco used to run like he was squirming in jello.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
RIP Diddy's up air knockback hahaha tried killing dedede at 160% with a hoo ha and hedidnt even budge.

But has anyone found anything for Luigi? Can't tell if there's a difference
Aerial Fire Jump Punch does less damage, but other than that he's golden. Or green, I should say.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Has anyone noticed that it's easier to get new trophies at the Trophy Shop now? I've gone there twice and the majority of the ones available are new ones I haven't gotten. That hasn't happened before. Maybe I'm just lucky?

D

Deleted member 269706

DID ANYONE NOTICE THAT IT REMEMBERS YOUR TAG WHEN PLAYING IN FOR GLORY?!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I went on For Glory just now. It is COMPLETELY dominated by Mewtwo. Good thing Rosalina wrecks Mewtwo's ****. By the way, Mario's completely unchanged, if you're curious.

TroperCase

Smash Cadet
SAKURAI BUFF THE CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN.
Yeah, I was hoping that the WiiU version was coded "keep non-clone characters from the same franchise together; if there aren't enough slots left in the row for the next franchise, fill the rest of the row with lone wolf fighters (fighters that are the only one in their franchise)". But sadly it appears that was done by hand and now poor Link is all alone.

Too bad they didn't set the rows to be 12\13\13\13 for this patch instead of 13\13\13\12. Take a look at the fighter selection screen in "Custom" - it's basically that except with the random slot removed.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I've booted up the game several times now and the intro movie has played every single time. Has it been fixed?

Also went to the trophy shop again and found more new trophies. I'm getting lucky. Maybe Anna's running the Trophy Shop and she's aware of my undying devotion for her :3

Can anyone confirm these?

Mjolnir/Hunter101

Smash Cadet
NNID
ryfennn
never been good with Shiek, but she feels a lot faster now-since i'm not good with super fast characters, i can now say i have no hope of learning her. that and i feel her aerials have gotten shorter in range.
granted, since i dont main her, i could be wrong about the aerials part.
none of my mains really seem affected. the only one i havent checked is Dark Pit.

Mjolnir/Hunter101

Smash Cadet
NNID
ryfennn
Charizard takes 10% damage from Flare Blitz.
guess i missed that. As a charizard main, i tend to save FB for high percents and time it best i can, and i played online rather than in training mode, so i suppose i missed that. it should help against people who spam the move frequently though.

Top Bottom