• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So, who expects that guy saying Stanley is in to have an actual LEGIT video and photo or just have another excuse to not show anything
I'm gonna say the latter. After seeing the Ken leak, he's probably gonna want to make adjustments to his leak. You know, like he did with steve?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Ken Leak is without a doubt real. Any attempts to kill it have only made it stronger.
Wait...

Getting stronger every time it's wounded...

Ken wears a Fighting Gi...

Krillin confirmed.

Anyway, glad to FINALLY have one of these. Having to balance out the onslaught of leaks with actual Ultimate discussion was getting a bit tiresome.

Also I'm like 90% sure Ken is legit. The only 10% of doubt is only because I don't consider it a lock until it is actually announced :V

D

Deleted member

First we had Sal Romano 2.0 (A.K.A Vergeben)

Now........will there be a ESRB Leak 2.0? Only time will tell.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Is there anything besides Ken thay got leaked? I went to sleep for 6 hours and i see 40 pages

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

Hopefully this is the right place to post. Messed with the levels/color. I think it's legit.

Put it on a neutral background so it's easier to tell!
The fact that all the gameplay on this stage is on an ink covered version makes this more legitimate. Because the stage geo and textures are completely the same and nobody's been able to find anything close to this angle without ink covering it up.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, who expects that guy saying Stanley is in to have an actual LEGIT video and photo or just have another excuse to not show anything
I’m calling excuse. The fact he said “uhhhh I can’t show it today” is a telltale sign like the Agnès leaker from a while back

(Telltale...RIP Telltale Games, TWAU 2, and the Stranger Things game they were making...)

Untouch

Smash Master
So has anything else been floating around besides Ken leak (personally 50/50 on it, it's really good but that Pichu stuff up I just don't see ever being part of the build)
Nothing so far.
It feels to me that this picture was taken a long time ago. This is an old build, the recent trailers have some notable differences (unless footage for the August 8th direct and the E3 Direct were captured at the same time and the E3 demo build is the newest build but I doubt it).

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Hopefully this is the right place to post. Messed with the levels/color. I think it's legit.

Put it on a neutral background so it's easier to tell!
For a moment I was about to ponder why the HUDs were alligned differently in both pics.

Then I remembered it's in Dev mode. :V

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
I don't know. Ken's shading looks a bit off to me. Either way, Ken makes little sense to me, especially over Shadow, but whatever.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't know. Ken's shading looks a bit off to me. Either way, Ken makes little sense to me, especially over Shadow, but whatever.
Could you elaborate?
Honestly out of all the echos Ken makes the most sense to me tbh

kylexv

Smash Master
(Telltale...RIP Telltale Games, TWAU 2, and the Stranger Things game they were making...)
They're not dead yet, but they will be soon. They layed off 90% of their employees and the last 10% will finish TWD.
Stranger Things and TWAU2 are cancelled.

Last edited:

Chrono.

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in" - Most Smashboards staff when making this thread, probably

But really I guess I'll be hanging here instead lol.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
https://imgur.com/a/Oa9LPZA

So apparently someone on 4chan was able to find a similar "set-up" to the leak to compare.
As vaanrose vaanrose said, nobody on 4chan found such a thing. This picture is taken from a post I made in the general thread:

https://smashboards.com/threads/sma...spoilers-leaks.434391/page-4859#post-22462663

The image was taken by a friend of mine who I shared the original leaked image with, as he is working for Nintendo as a demo booth volunteer (which is why he had the time to set this up). He isn't technically supposed to be taking pictures of the setup, but said he didn't mind me posting it.

Given he's technically employed by them I don't wish to give further details than that though this image is not the important thing (and is not really incriminating anyway...). The thing we both felt was important about it was the way Pac-Man's feet clip through the Moray Towers platform in the image, which is due to how the platforms function - you always run down them. This is a big point in the leaks favour that you should be able to easily verify by looking through some Moray Towers demo footage.

Shroob

Sup?
Ten minutes later in MSPaint to try to explain the actual important members of the Granblue world in regards to the "Leak".

The characters on the bottom row are categorized by when they join your team in the story.

Untitled.png

Iridium

Smash Hero
Oh, I did not think this many people would flock over here. Anyway, if Ken gets in, I definitely would take that. I mean, he couldn't be that hard to implement at all!

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
We honestly don't really know.

Platinum and Cygames have given us one gameplay trailer.

It 'seems' that way, but there was also artwork floating around of a not!Djeeta who looked like she could be the protagonist as well.
oh.. weird... looked fun though.. is ps4 exclusive? BTW Gran and Djeeta are avatars? or silent protagonists? i Googled them...and gran is kinda..... the boy protagonist trope incarnated... At least he isn't overdesigned like Rex DX ...

It would be a shame though... i really liked Katalina design... maybe is because i'm a sucker for jeanne de arc archetipes with actual functional armor...

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Since supposedly the Leaker is German. Don't you think we might get something else tomorrow? Since well it's like 2/3AM there.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Nothing so far.
It feels to me that this picture was taken a long time ago. This is an old build, the recent trailers have some notable differences (unless footage for the August 8th direct and the E3 Direct were captured at the same time and the E3 demo build is the newest build but I doubt it).
So maybe this leaker DOESN'T have access to the full base roster for all we know?

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
It only looks off because it's your first time seeing it, I assure you. The list of things that add up on him is staggering.

Also, Ken is literally the original Echo and is arguably as popular as Ryu himself.

And you're acting like we know the entire roster and there's no chance for any more echoes. :V

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
You do know that Ken is the father of fighting game clones right? If anything, he makes a lot more sense than shadow (Though shadow is a good #2).

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Oh, I did not think this many people would flock over here. Anyway, if Ken gets in, I definitely would take that. I mean, he couldn't be that hard to implement at all!
I always got the feeling the vast majority of people who actively posted in the other thread were completely fine with talking about leaks.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well I cannot say I'm not surprised at the chance of the roster getting leaked as it happend with Brawl and Sm4sh.

Shroob

Sup?
oh.. weird... looked fun though.. is ps4 exclusive? BTW Gran and Djeeta are avatars? or silent protagonists? i Googled them...and gran is kinda..... the boy protagonist trope incarnated... At least he isn't overdesigned like Rex DX ...

It would be a shame though... i really liked Katalina design... maybe is because i'm a sucker for jeanne de arc archetipes with actual functional armor...
They're both, player avatars and silent protagonists.

Also, funny you should mention... since the game has Jeanne D'Arc.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
He's probably full of it. If he isn't though its a good roster.

Also Ken leaker, please leak Pheonix Wright.i
it probably won't happen.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Regarding Pichu render
Aside from colour, it seems identical to this
https://m.imgur.com/462J7tI

A zoomed in pic where the box cuts off Pichu ear.

It's not meant to be cut off like that

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
You know who else's shading/texture looks/looked off?
chromsamus.original.jpg
Yeah. If anything the odd shading is another point in this one's favor.
Ten minutes later in MSPaint to try to explain the actual important members of the Granblue world in regards to the "Leak".

The characters on the bottom row are categorized by when they join your team in the story.

View attachment 165991
Does Katalina have mass popularity (i.e. she's the Lucina of her series) compared to the other characters?

Last edited:

Jgt044

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wii U: Jgt044
3DS FC
1005-9641-7502
Wow...it's great to be back! I thought there would never be another leaks discussion thread after what happened with smash 4...but here we are!

Anyways, I'm team real on this one. Too much stuff lines up at this point. I'm just patiently waiting to see what else happens...if something else happens :laugh:

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yep, and their Summer version of Jeanne D'Arc was the reason why Grand Order made their versions of Summer Jeanne and Jeanne Alter.

That aside, interesting to see the Leaks thread back.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Well hello Leak Thread. First time ever posting and even being here. I am perfectly content with leaks and am eagerly awaiting the next one!

Shroob

Sup?
You know who else's shading/texture looks/looked
off?

Does Katalina have mass popularity (i.e. she's the Lucina of her series) compared to the other characters?
Not really, no.

If anyone were to be ridiculously popular, it'd be units from the Gacha, which aren't technically canon to the story.

Though oddly enough, the most popular characters are usually guys.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
So... who's he gonna leak next? The obvious missing piece in Incineroar, or will he debunk the box theory with a curveball? Find out next time on 4chan Z.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Katalina is the first member you get in your party iirc

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I always got the feeling the vast majority of people who actively posted in the other thread were completely fine with talking about leaks.
the real question is.... how long till we reach the 1000 pages?.... probably till monday XD
They're both, player avatars and silent protagonists.

Googled her, and she seems to be more inspired in fates Jeanne D'Arc with her "mini skirt plate mail" While katalina still have the "full experience plate mail" DX
When i was asking abouit avatars... is mostly regarding if the player can modify them to be anything? or they are fixed? (with probably some extra armor sets)

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
At this point, the only thing that could make one contest the Ken Leak is that Ken is not throwing out a DP, j.HK or a Tatsu in neutral.

The Pichu ear stuff is more of a correction. Still gets cut at roughly the same spot, but the black detail is easier to see.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

SSBUWebsiteChrom3.jpg

I still maintain that people would NOT have believed this image if it was posted before Chrom was revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom