• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The more I find out about Corrin the more I want to kick them into a ravine.

I was pretty neutral to them thinking people must be overreacting to how bad Corrin was until I played Warriors and I've yet to dip into the hot mess that is Fates. I swear Robin was semi competently written comparitively, but that could just be my nostalgia for a simpler pre-Corrin time.
....you do realize this was fanmade, right?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Maybe we should just move on to Smash 6 speculation, and start discussing the potential newcomers for it
I'm certain Waluigi (Due to outcry) and Spring Man will be locks for certain. The latter especially due to being an new IP as Inkling was for this game. I expect we'd also see a DaemonxMachina character as well.

Tis too bad the game will have 1/3 of the roster cut...

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I'm certain Waluigi (Due to outcry) and Spring Man will be locks for certain. The latter especially due to being an new IP as Inkling was for this game. I expect we'd also see a DaemonxMachina character as well.

Tis too bad the game will have 1/3 of the roster cut...
I wouldn't call Springman a lock. Really depends on his series getting a new game or not imo.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just saying, if anyone can attest to how much of a hassle clones are, it’s him and his readers.
we’re too busy dealing with Mephisto and being happy with OMD slowly dying
Spidey trying to figure out what’s been missing for months last year, then Peter and MJ back together alongside Jameson being allies with him, and Aunt May having cancer, likely leading to her death...smells like they’re killing that bad day off
The more I find out about Corrin the more I want to kick them into a ravine.

I was pretty neutral to them thinking people must be overreacting to how bad Corrin was until I played Warriors and I've yet to dip into the hot mess that is Fates. I swear Robin was semi competently written comparitively, but that could just be my nostalgia for a simpler pre-Corrin time.
If it makes you feel better...the video isn’t real

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I saw some people talking about non-game characters being added, still catching up on the thread. Personally, I'd rather keep Smash as game related as possible. But if I was forced to choose one, I'd go with Spider-Man. Have most of his moves be based on Marvel vs Capcom and take a few moves from other titles like Spider-Man 2, Ultimate Spider-Man and Maximum Carnage.

That said, there's plenty of game characters to add anyway. Another Mega Man, Another Sonic character, Dante, Ryu Hayabusa, Doom Slayer, Lara Croft, Phoenix Wright, Dixie, Isaac, Spring-Man/Ribbon Girl, Lip, Chibi-Robo ect ect.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I wouldn't call Springman a lock. Really depends on his series getting a new game or not imo.
I also have to wonder about the lack of ARMS music in Ultimate... music is the sort of thing they could throw in last minute, and they certainly would have a reason to include some due to the ARMS-based Spirit fights, but they didn’t. Are there legal issues involved? Would that prohibit ARMS from getting in Smash (at least without getting memed on even more than Final Fantasy?)

That said, though, Arms really isn’t in the same position as Splatoon was, since the Splatoon hype was lasting while ARMS isn’t talked about that much anymore, even though the game itself sold well.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Still confused why we are talking about Smash 6.
People are obsessed with cuts, and obviously a game about everyone being here won't satisfy that.

Also, I think the only reason why Dark Pit would be removed would be Pit being removed. That's the advantage of being a recolor.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Do you guys also agree that Lucina has became more popular and more used than Marth? I do.
I do. In fact I never see her being cut from any Smash game tbh which is why she's in my ideal Super Smash Bros. vs. Jump Stars roster.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Do you guys also agree that Lucina has became more popular and more used than Marth? I do.
Definitely.

I also believe they dumpstered Marth and there's no reason to use him.
Fishing for tippers just isn't viable.

Last edited:

etano

Smash Cadet
Definitely.

I also believe they dumpstered Marth and there's no reason to use him.
Fishing for tippers just isn't viable.
Yeah, I just think its interesting that an Echo fighter would overcome the fighter she was echoing. Just had to bring it up to see your guys's opinion.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Considering its history of crossovers (Marvel, SNK and such) I'm honestly surprised that has yet to be done given Capcom has probably as many IPs as Nintendo does.
I know, right?

And it could even appease the many supporters of different Capcom series that want certain characters in Smash... Pheonix Wright, Dante, Monster Hunter, and a Resident Evil rep are all highly requested, so why not have both companies just bring their entire respective portfolios together?

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I'd rather they make some kind of crossover game like "Nintendo vs. Capcom" than cut half the roster for a new Smash game. It'd be something new to try and could be a breath of fresh air.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I know, right?

And it could even appease the many supporters of different Capcom series that want certain characters in Smash... Pheonix Wright, Dante, Monster Hunter, and a Resident Evil rep are all highly requested, so why not have both companies just bring their entire respective portfolios together?
Like with my ideal Super Smash Bros. vs. Jump Stars game it'd need pre-battle and post-battle dialogue as Marvel vs. Capcom 3 had.

And King K. Rool.

Last edited:

etano

Smash Cadet
Ken as well. Though Richter isn't really any BETTER than Simon in any way.
Completely agree with this. I love playing Ken much more then I do playing Ryu. But both pairs are pretty much the same, what echo fighters should be. Even though it does not always go down that road and one becomes better than the other.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

The bosses in Smash Ultimate were great, the best one in my opinion being Marx. But damn if I wish there were more original ones like him thrown in there as well. Who would be your picks for bosses if you were in charge? Some that come to my mind are Eggman or even Chaos, Black Knight, or even bringing back Porky or another brawl boss. (My images keep breaking it's one of Eggman)
Dr. Eggman and Dr. Wily/Sigma would be my top choices. I don't think they'd take a normal sized character(who didn't pilot a mech)and make them a boss, but Akuma/M.Bison/Gill would also be good choices. Ashnard for an FE Boss since he rides a dragon anyway.

Since Bowser has Giga Bowser, and Ganondorf has Ganon, I think Dark Samus turning back into Metroid Prime would also be another good one, or using the Aurora Unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom