• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Why not just Hayabusa?
They could, William from Nioh calls Ryu Hayabusa in Warriors All Stars just Hayabusa so its possible. However when other Japanese speaking characters address him its always Ryu and not just Hayabusa. So its more likely they will just call him Ryu and not Hayabusa or call him by his full name.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That reminds me, I'm surprised at the total lack of support and speculation I've seen for Kunio-kun, star of not one, but two very successful and well-known franchises on the NES (as well as many other systems over the years) in the form of River City Ransom and Super Dodge Ball.

View attachment 185502

If anyone needs him, he'll be crying over in the corner with Billy and Jimmy from Double Dragon, Bill and Lance from Contra, and Arthur from Ghosts 'n Goblins. (Rumor has it that Goemon might be hiding around there somewhere in the shadows, too. Supposedly that was once the territory of Ryu Hayabusa, but he's been mysteriously absent lately...)
Isn't that the No More Heroes logo?

Also **** all of you why didn't you tell me that P5R was first mentioned by the leak that claims Steve, Hayabusa and Doomguy? Now I actually think it's plausible

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Doesn't Pit's guidance for Ryu say there's two different ways of saying Ryu?

So just give Ninja Ryu the other pronunciation.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
They could, William from Nioh calls Ryu Hayabusa in Warriors All Stars just Hayabusa so its possible. However when other Japanese speaking characters address him its always Ryu and not just Hayabusa. So its more likely they will just call him Ryu and not Hayabusa or call him by his full name.
I feel like he'd almost have to go by Hayabusa because we already have :ultryu:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
I feel like he'd almost have to go by Hayabusa because we already have :ultryu:
From his cross overs in other Koei Tecmo games like Warriors Orochi, Warriors All Stars, Dead or Alive and Nioh. He is most of the time called Ryu and introduces himself as Ryu Hayabusa. It should be noted that William(NIOH) is the only English speaking character in Warriors All Stars, so it could be that he calls him Hayabusa. Is because its showing how since he's from England and is a pirate that he has a different way speaking. Versus the other Japanese speaking characters being more formal and polite when addressing him calling him by his full name or first name. Following this trend of how he is most often referenced by other characters, im pretty sure they will call him Ryu or Ryu Hayabusa.

Last edited:

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry but is it really that huge of a deal that there's another Ryu when there's two Roys, three Links and three Chroms. Seeing people constantly bring this up is tiring to see lol

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I feel like Ryu Hayabusa would be a pick for the next Smash game. You know, assuming his series makes a comeback. *cough*Ninja Gaiden 4*cough*
Or Smash Ultimate DLC.
Which is looking to be very possible at the moment.

I'm sorry but is it really that huge of a deal that there's another Ryu when there's two Roys, three Links and three Chroms. Seeing people constantly bring this up is tiring to see lol
You're mixing up characters that look similar with characters that have the same name.

All the Links are differentiated with qualifiers and all the "Chroms" have completely different names.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, that "leak" with the 5 DLC characters.

Joker
Erdrick
Steve
Ryu Hayabusa
Doom Slayer
No way. No ****ing Goddamn way are you serious!? Are you being 1000% serious with me right now?!

Shroob

Sup?
But anyway, yeah.

If the codename really is Brave, ala Yashuu, it's Erdrick, there's just no other way.

When other games riff on Dragon Quest, they'll always call their homage character "Brave" in homage to DQ3.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
No way. No ****ing Goddamn way are you serious!? Are you being 1000% serious with me right now?!
nah im sorry, he just had a typo all over the place

the real list is:

- joker
- joker (batman)
- jack frost but the killer from that one movie
- shinji from evangelion
- amingo

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Another thing for Ryu Hayabusa is that Dead or Alive 6 is a thing that exists.

I'd actually be pleased with him getting in, as he is also an NES vet. I'd have replacements for the other characters though.

It is still a rumor however, nothing has been confirmed so far.

...I'd take that. He'd fit in as P L A N T 2.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I like the characters on the list (except Steve) but I don't much care for almost all the DLC newcomers (this time and last) being towards the more anatomically realistic end of the spectrum, as opposed to the cartoony superdeformedness that makes up a good chunk of the roster.

It'd just be nice to mix up a bunch of crazy but still human-looking characters with some choices like Rayman or Crash, or less likely but better choices like Amaterasu, Klonoa, Geno or Bomberman (rip). Or Banjo...

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Also y'all are ****ing booling if you think a nobody leaked the entire DLC 5 when even the top insiders have 0 idea who 2 of them are and only have heard Lloyd Irving may be in

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
John from GameXPlain sounds like he could do voiceovers for old spice commercials

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Also y'all are ****ing booling if you think a nobody leaked the entire DLC 5 when even the top insiders have 0 idea who 2 of them are and only have heard Lloyd Irving may be in
Maybe it's because they want to keep their job, but also want to live a little dangerously

Shroob

Sup?
But yeah, to furthur my point:

Yashuu is Brave, it's always a Dragon Quest 3 reference when used in this way.

As example, have a character from one of my gacha games who had a joke event based around her:

Untitled.png

She's wearing the Dragon Quest 3 female warrior armor, surrounded totally not-knockoff Slimes, and her title is:

Brave.

I rest my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom