• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
If there's anything I've seen from Japan is that if they want a character, they will never ****ing stop pushing.

This was pretty evident with King K. Rool back during Smash For, especially with the whole Mii Costume thing. But even with K. Rool having a Mii Costume, did that stop the Japanese? Of course not. The OG Donkey Kong Country trilogy is seen by the Japanese as a "supreme master-class", especially DKC2, so I see why Japan would want K. Rool so much during these years.

Something I've noticed is that when Japan collectively pushes a character if they appear number one on so many polls, just like King K. Rool, they usually tend to get their wishes granted, more so than here in America and other countries, which makes me really sus about Rex & Pyra.

I know that some people are feeling fishy about no Porky spirit in lieu for the Absolutely Safe Capsule, but I dunno, having no Counterattack alongside XBC2 content makes me feel a bit sus, especially after the praise Sakurai gives that game and with Nintendo pushing the IP.
I guess it still can be an Inkling situation (a lot of people thought they were a shoo-in for last game but they had to wait for Ultimate), but at least we know Rex would be a fan-favorite pick.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
  1. You keep bringing up this game's name is "Ultimate" and it still doesn't mean anything.
  2. Didn't Sakurai said he's not responsible from every single music track?
Hey, it's better than calling Smash 4 'Smash For'
If y'all are interested to see how Japan is responding to Smash Ultimate in various areas, including DLC wants, here's a recent report that Abadango retweeted out from. Here's what I got as a quick translation.
Source: http://news.denfaminicogamer.jp/kikakuthetower/181228g

Quick Ones: The most preferred controller is the Switch Pro Controller. Online Mode has been the most played, second most played mode is Adventure Mode: World of Light. And most people who have played Ultimate have played Brawl in the past with a whopping 96.84%.

Now, onto the main stuff.

Top 5 Favorite Characters
  1. Kirby - 8.67%
  2. Mario - 5.55%
  3. Link - 4.06%
  4. Pikachu - 3.04%
  5. Zelda - 2.98%
Top 5 Characters Who Think Are The Strongest
  1. King K. Rool - 20.23%
  2. Inkling - 11.30%
  3. Pikachu - 5.22%
  4. Isabelle - 4.70%
  5. Bayonetta - 2.73%
Top 5 Favorite Stages
  1. Final Destination - 17.87%
  2. Temple - 5.56%
  3. Fountain of Dreams - 5.31%
  4. Battlefield - 4.73%
  5. Hyrule Castle N64 - 4.40%
Top 5 Preferred Rulesets
  1. 3-Stock - 47.47%
  2. 2-Stock - 27.35%
  3. Time - 3:00 - 7.17%
  4. Time - 2:30 - 5.54%
  5. 1-Stock - 2.41%
Top 10 Most Wanted DLC Characters
  1. Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles 2) - 79
  2. Sora (Kingdom Hearts) - 60
  3. Bandana Dee (Kirby) - 43
  4. Geno (Super Mario RPG) - 33
  5. Banjo & Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie) - 32
  6. 2B (NieR: Automata) - 30
  7. Hunter (Monster Hunter) - 30
  8. Dante (Devil May Cry) - 28
  9. sans (Undertale) - 22
  10. Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2) - 20
Damn, Japan has some pretty bad taste

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well, I feel sorry for 2 people who actually wanted Fortnite in Smash.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Is every Spirit available from the board, or are the spirits you can only get through buying/summoning/milestones?

D

Deleted member

Is every Spirit available from the board, or are the spirits you can only get through buying/summoning/milestones?
There are spirits who own stores in WoL, so you need to play that mode to get them (Kraid for example).

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Where has Verge been? Feels like forever since I last heard of him.
Probably just doesn't have much to add in regards to Smash, a smaller development team for DLC also means less chances of leaks, especially as playtesting just isn't required to the same extend, which is often where leaks stem from. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't hear anything new about Smash from here on out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A shame about the Fortnite news.

I wanted to try the Thanos thing when it was going to be done again.

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
I have a question. Was anyone else deadset on maining a certain character before release and couldn’t stop thinking about it and then ended up playing someone completely different?

I had this with Mewtwo, and while i find him really fun to play with i ended up maining Pokemon Trainer. Something about being able to switch between characters is perfect for someone as indecisive as me and i am loving them, with Squirtle as my favourite (but i love all 3 of them)!

osby

Smash Obsessed
I have a question. Was anyone else deadset on maining a certain character before release and couldn’t stop thinking about it and then ended up playing someone completely different?

I had this with Mewtwo, and while i find him really fun to play with i ended up maining Pokemon Trainer. Something about being able to switch between characters is perfect for someone as indecisive as me and i am loving them, with Squirtle as my favourite (but i love all 3 of them)!
Nah, it's perfectly normal. I was thinking I'd main Zelda again but I ended up using Palutena more.

Sometimes you can't tell this stuff before actually playing the game.

D

Deleted member

Or is he?

Also, Fortnite will stop being free in 2019.

I hope you realize this is blatant clickbait and a trolling website but co sidering you called them credible, I think you already know that.

Out of the newcomers, not really, but I really wanted to try Zelda and Robin and dropped them like a rock real quick even though I still play them casually.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
The latter (Summoning/Buying)

As a tip, Spirits you don't have are more likely to appear on the Board. So if you use one to summon another, that Spirit will appear on the Board again rather quickly (like 3-5 waves) if you're up there in total numbers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hope you realize this is blatant clickbait and a trolling website but co sidering you called them credible, I think you already know that.

Out of the newcomers, not really, but I really wanted to try Zelda and Robin and dropped them like a rock real quick even though I still play them casually.
Happy Fool's Day in Spain.

It was fun to see the reactions.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
It was a Fool's Day joke.

Spain celebrates that today.
Do you mean Dia de los Santos Inocentes? I forgot about that.

Anyway, there are better ways to do practical jokes than post fake news.

Last edited:

Ginsai

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8248-1982-9689
I’ve been thinking. With the way smash is going with it’s DLC and Bandai Namco helping with the series I don’t see how they couldn’t add another character from Bandai. Bandai will be releasing a re-release of Tales Of Vesperia. On all platforms so why not Yuri Lowell in Smash? Time it around the release of it and reveal Yuri maybe a week or two after his release

segillav

Smash Apprentice
Managed to get 2 of the 3 Super Mario Party spirits (River Survival & the dice block one), can't play Smash for the next week or so meaning I won't be able to get the third one. I did beat the Metal Mario spirit though, I was pretty happy I got that one. Different topic, I'm really glad music was extremely easy to unlock in Ultimate. I have literally every song except 1 & that's just a Jungle Level remix anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom