• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Double K

Smash Lord
This made me remember how godlike they made God Kefka look in FFXIV and now I have a new character for my dream wishlist.

Just a remnder that the stages of his FFVI final boss fight are Dante's Inferno

Noipoi

Howdy!
Also, this is apparently a thing.

I can tell this appeals to a certain somebody.
Every single frame of this thing's existence is comedy gold.

I'm so glad he's in, now everyone can see why I thought he'd be rad.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
TBH, even as someone predicting Steve, I'm not too sure how great a shot western IPs have. I feel if we're getting a western IP, it'll probably be one of the bigger names, as cool as Rayman would be.

Ah, it's all good. I just gotta get better! Watching people smoke me online lets me see what they're doing right and what I'm doing wrong, and I'm slowly learning.

Although I'm not too proud of one of the ways I SDed today...I buried someone with roller, and went in with Up-Smash for the kill, but then...

MY FREAKING THUMB SLIPPED AND I UP-B OFF THE STAGE

I imagine my opponent probably had a pretty good laugh, lol; I would have.
The only thing I hate about online PvP is the difficulty of learning anything substantial from rematches. Too many opponents bail out after the first fight, win or lose.

Me: "Damn, I got bopped. I should fight them again to learn more about what their character can do.
Them: "YOUR 5-7 MINUTE TRIAL HAS EXPIRED. WOULD YOU LIKE TO PURCHASE ELITE SMASH."

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I hate about online PvP is the difficulty of learning anything substantial from rematches. Too many opponents bail out after the first fight, win or lose.

Me: "Damn, I got bopped. I should fight them again to learn more about what their character can do.
Them: "YOUR 5-7 MINUTE TRIAL HAS EXPIRED. WOULD YOU LIKE TO PURCHASE ELITE SMASH."
Personally the worst factor of all is getting into ranked matches with people who are phenomenal at timing **** with their miserable connections. It seems like I get on winning streaks and then face someone who’s been molded, hardened by their own lag.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Not sure if this was posted earlier, but shoutout to this fanmade render of Joker:

If someone told me this was the real thing, I'd probably believe them.
I love this. I feel like it's a little too action-figurey to be totally mistaken for a real model but if you told me it was an early official render I'd believe it.

I feel like the official model will swing more real like this but also incorporate the original art style in it's fluidity, kind of like how Shulk has some evocations of the Xenoblade Chronicles official art.

The pose is perfect.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Personally the worst factor of all is getting into ranked matches with people who are phenomenal at timing **** with their miserable connections. It seems like I get on winning streaks and then face someone who’s been molded, hardened by their own lag.
Made worse with the fact that they can still dash dance, predict exactly where you'll be, tech chase you to oblivion, and on the one moment they screw up, the input buffer makes you dodge in mid air as you recovery, literally 5 whole seconds after you had buffered the motion on stage to avoid another one of their up air shenanigans.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Also, this is apparently a thing.

I can tell this appeals to a certain somebody.
Goshdarnit how am I supposed to stay irrationally upset at Incineroar if his animations are so amazing.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just noticed that magnus isn't an assist trophy anymore.
Hmmmm....
I doubt it means anything. I love KI:U but if so called "Sakubias" can't get even in a 4th Kirby rep then there's no way we're getting Magnus of all characters in. He's not important enough nor does he bring any crazy moveset possibilities to the table.

Also, don't forget how Isaac's trophy missing in 4 """confirmed""" him for so many people.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Every single frame of this thing's existence is comedy gold.

I'm so glad he's in, now everyone can see why I thought he'd be rad.
Looks like a really cool character.
----------------------------------------------------------------Just a penguin joins the battle!-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, this is my first post on Smashboards. Wondering if a Noipoi special could occur. That would be nice.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
----------------------------------------------------------------Just a penguin joins the battle!-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, this is my first post on Smashboards. Wondering if a Noipoi special could occur. That would be nice.
Noipoi Noipoi you know what to do, buddy!

D

Deleted member

I think I've made a pretty good counter argument.

But yeah man no body knows the DLC, anything is possible but yeah, not buying it.

WHO is the Pokémon?

What does it look like?

What type is it?

Is it fat?

Is it hairy?

Does it have stink lines?

I mean saying the name of the 2019 game is more solid than just saying "Oh its a Pocket Men from the 2019 game"

There's nothing there to go on!
It's obviously the new Grass type Starter!
We gotta complete the set!

Because that's how Pokémon get in!
/s

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Ask and you shall receive!

howdy.png

I've never seen a bird post on a forum before!

Iridium

Smash Hero
What.

Language warning, I guess. Second article I've read today, yet this is the weird one. Completely normal...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom