• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Is there anyone else on these boards who actually don't have Smash Ultimate yet? I won't have my Switch until Christmas :(
I'll be lucky if I get a Switch anytime soon.
But thankfully, I have a Smash club at college that's open daily, so I'll still have plenty of time with the game.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
I was wondering, did Piranha Plant being included in Smash give anyone else any hope for their weird/obscure character requests? At first I was ready to give up all hope for a certain character I wanted, but after Piranha Plant was revealed I had a bit more hope about it. Not by much, though, but it made me realize that there's more flexibility in character choices than I thought.
BTW I'm not going to mention who the character is that I want, because I feel like just mentioning her name might start a commotion.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I was wondering, did Piranha Plant being included in Smash give anyone else any hope for their weird/obscure character requests? At first I was ready to give up all hope for a certain character I wanted, but after Piranha Plant was revealed I had a bit more hope about it. Not by much, though, but it made me realize that there's more flexibility in character choices than I thought.
BTW I'm not going to mention who the character is that I want, because I feel like just mentioning her name might start a commotion.
Hm I wonder

looks at your icon

Hmmm I wonder who you mean

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I think I can pick up some context clues...

Trust me. Lack of subtlety is my middle name :yoshi:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Snoop Dogg, specifically his form from the Gin & Juice music video, where he was most powerful

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
After having time with all the newcomers.

Favorite 2 newcomers (Non Echo): Isabelle and K. Rool.

Favorite 2 Echoes: Ken and Richter.

Least Favorite Newcomer (Only One): Incineroar (He's not bad, he's just not for me.)

Noipoi

Howdy!
It's Metal Mario, right?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Joker prepared me for anything actually! I can think some character that make sense as DLC or Smash Characters in general, but I'm prepared for anything! (At least anything that is still Videogame of course).

ROIDY FOR A BAD TOIM?!

Noipoi

Howdy!
After having time with all the newcomers.

Favorite 2 newcomers (Non Echo): Isabelle and K. Rool.

Favorite 2 Echoes: Ken and Richter.

Least Favorite Newcomer (Only One): Incineroar (He's not bad, he's just not for me.)
I feel like this post was made specifically to hurt me in unimaginable ways.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Isabelle is so good. She literally has no bad match ups. Why did they do this to her
During development the team found that hurting Isabelle harmed them on a deep, spiritual level. Therefore Isabelle needed to be to tier to ensure she never gets hurt.

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
During development the team found that hurting Isabelle harmed them on a deep, spiritual level. Therefore Isabelle needed to be to tier to ensure she never gets hurt.
okay but they could've just made her good she has absolutely no reason for her to be S I C K O M O D E
Is that you GothFluttershy? Didn't you get banned?
did he really get banned????

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'm checking the shop every ****ing minute waiting for this god damn song to appear
I need this **** right the **** now
lol I just got this to pop in the shop about ten minutes ago. It's been retitled to "Ring a Ding," which is an infinitely less cool name.

Naturally I went straight to Smash mode to hear it in the bg of a real fight. It actually works really well on Wuhu Island.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
A Littlest Pet Shop rep? Never gonna happen, series hasn’t been relevant in years.

Now a Polly Pocket rep on the other hand...

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm not GothFluttershy ._. I don't have a thing for Littlest Pet Shop characters, though I did used to watch it. But it never went any further than that.
My apologies for assuming.

Regardless, welcome to the forums! Hopefully you'll be able to open up about the character you want. Who knows, maybe they'll be more well-received then you think they will.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well, I've been lurking for a while to say the least. I'm really only here to discuss Smash and whatnot and I don't have any intentions of behaving in a disruptive manner.
Well in that case...

Howdy! Folks call me Noipoi! Welcome (officially) to the boards!

if you've been lurking awhile, you should know that this is mandatory ;)

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Well in that case...

Howdy! Folks call me Noipoi! Welcome (officially) to the boards!

if you've been lurking awhile, you should know that this is mandatory ;)
If you've been lurking for a while, you'll know that Noipoi never did this for me despite my very significant presence here

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
So at 936 Spirits I am beginning to see Spirits repeat themselves on the Spirit Board.

I'm assuming there are some spirits that can only be found in the World of Light? I haven't seen a single Cardboard Box spirit during that entire grind, but I know it exists because it's needed to summon the Paper Mario Spirit in summons, so I assume it (and others) have to be located there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom