• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I like world of light but I'm intentionally only doing it in very small bits at a time.
It's too much fun to me. I just love seeing all the different spirits and what they can evolve into. Been playing it nonstop whenever I'm not playing with friends.

Also how damn clever they can be with some of the implementations.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I mean, they won't care for the guns being fakes, if they look real.
they care a lot about body censorship though (compared to the ESBR atleast)

Skimming through these videos, and I found out that Richter says "Dracula..." when he's sleeping. Never noticed until now.
Richter is dreaming about killing Dracula

Only because I didn't see this before. I know this player, but I didn't know he could do the Daigo too.
This is amazing
With MK11 coming to Switch, I honestly think a Mortal Kombat character is possible now. I'm not the biggest Mortal Kombat fan in the world, but man I think this would just be absolutely hilarious. I want to fight Sub Zero with a dog secretary in a plaid sweater.
Scorpion for Smash

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean I heard somewhere that some peeps think he is one. As much as I love Yu, if they wanted bland self insert, lookn o further then Persona 4
If you think Yu is bland, just look at Persona 3 FES and Megami Ibunroku Persona. The series got better at silent protagonists with pretty much each game.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It's too much fun to me. I just love seeing all the different spirits and what they can evolve into. Been playing it nonstop whenever I'm not playing with friends.

Also how damn clever they can be with some of the implementations.
Conceptually it's really interesting, i think.

I am, always have been, and always will be total garbage at more than 1-on-1 matches though. I've never really been able to deal with those properly.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
*ahem*

The fighter for Mr. Sandman's spirit battle is Donkey Kong.

Not cool Nintendo...

blocks your path

RIGHT! Why is that fight so hard!!

With the right setup, I can pretty much easily take care of Mario and Donkey Kong, but can't get her down in the time limit.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I know peeps like the Femc but wasnt she as bland as Makoto? Like, she had as much personaly as wet bread?
She has more expressive dialogue options in general. I personally think both are pretty much same, but it's harder to call FeMC bland because how her Social Links treat her.

...not that I want to open this debate.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
So which line-up do you prefer?

Path #1:
Challenger Pack #1: Joker
Challenger Pack #2: Dante
Challenger Pack #3: Doomguy
Challenger Pack #4: Ryu Hayabusa
Challenger Pack #5: Lloyd

Path #2:
Challenger Pack #2: Tracer
Challenger Pack #3: KOS MOS
Challenger Pack #4: Sora
Challenger Pack #5: Monster Hunter

Path #3:
Challenger Pack #2: 2B
Challenger Pack #3: Travis Touchdown
Challenger Pack #4: Scorpion
Challenger Pack #5: Dragonborn
Path #2 easily has the best picks for me and well shocker I'm a KOS-MOS supporter so :D That being said I dont think Tracer would get in smash but I can easily believe Sora, Monster hunter, and certainly KOS-MOS.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
sorry for dropping this in the middle of the conversation; But I don't think it's content enough to share this in its own thread (also I don't feel it's fitting enough to bump my old thread); But I counted every Nintendo appearence from our guest characters in Smash Ultimate and I'd like to provide this for reference and further discussions.

I'd be able to reply any questions on the games, I spent some months preparing this and with Joker I thought that I'd able put finally in practice (I'll happily update this with new information after a new guest character being announced)

TRIVIA: All the guest fighters in Smash Ultimate (except Joker) have at very least their game of debut available (or coming) on Nintendo hardware

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Was having a lot of trouble defeating 3 and 4 star spirits on WoL until I finally found, like, my winning spirit combo.

Hector's uninterruptable Smash charging and Victini's stronger, faster smashes. Plus unlocking the stronger, faster smashes on the skill tree...

Unless the rules prevent me from doing it, I just charge up smash attacks till the enemy tries to come in and hit me out of them(AI doesn't seem to realize it can't), and do, like, 80% damage per hit. Most fights are over in 2 attacks.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
She has more expressive dialogue options in general. I personally think both are pretty much same, but it's harder to call FeMC bland because how her Social Links treat her.

...not that I want to open this debate.
P4 was my first Persona game so I never played P3 or The portable. I take it her social links arr much better?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Honestly, I'm probably gonna find myself playing on Hanenbow a lot, if only for that incredible new remix it got

Also, if you haven't done it yet, you should definitely try Stage Morphing from Great Cave Offensive to Flat Zone X.

Sounds like a fun time if you ask me..

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
sorry for dropping this in the middle of the conversation; But I don't think it's content enough to share this in its own thread (also I don't feel it's fitting enough to bump my old thread); But I counted every Nintendo appearence from our guest characters in Smash Ultimate and I'd like to provide this for reference and further discussions.

I'd be able to reply any questions on the games, I spent some months preparing this and with Joker I thought that I'd put finally in practice (I'll happily update this with new information after a new guest character being announced)

TRIVIA: All the guest fighters in Smash Ultimate (except Joker) have at very least their game of debut available (or coming) on Nintendo hardware
Joker has Persona Q2 on 3DS

McSpanker

Smash Cadet
World of light is pretty damn fun so far. Some of the fights are insanely hard on hard difficulty so far. Especially since I"m not well versed with any of the characters I have yet

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I get the idea that the difficulty the CPU is set to doesn't matter, it can hear you **** talking it and will kill your whole family immediately.

(I was futzing around with a lvl 1 cpu and got combo'd. Didn't kill me of course but I jumped off the stage anyway out of shock.)

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Aside from it already being shot down by Samurai
Mash potatoes Samurai...

He said that they aren’t a part of the fighter pass, and it’s most likely because he knows people aren’t going to happy if one of the 5 fighters is a clone.

However, he didn’t rule out Echoes altogether and have them be separately at a lower cost (around $2-3).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

New Luigi has me so torn.

On the one hand, Down B nerf hurts.

On the other hand, Green Missile and Super Jump Punch are terrifying in this game. Plus, Down B seems to kill up in the air, even if it can't gimp anymore.

Green Mario ain't out of the running for my mains yet. I actually kind of like him more than the new Wario, lol.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion

On the other hand, Green Missile and Super Jump Punch are terrifying in this game. Plus, Down B seems to kill up in the air, even if it can't gimp anymore.

Green Mario ain't out of the running for my mains yet. I actually kind of like him more than the new Wario, lol.
Is Red Luigi still good?

D

Deleted member

Is Red Luigi still good?
Red Jump Man seems okay from what I've played. He's a little floatier now, though, and you can't Down Throw into Up Tilt anymore. Need to play him more, honestly. Been too busy playing Inklings; I gotta give these other characters some more time. :p

D

Deleted member

One thing I noticed about Mario is that FORWARD AERIAL just sends people straight down to the shadow realm isntead of being angled.

Iridium

Smash Hero

I remember when almost everyone thought Luigi's grab got nerfed, yet it turned out that it's pretty much the same, but with more range. Not slower at all, and it can damage opponents to start combos.

But I do see his Luigi Cyclone seems to be more like Dr. Mario's down-B now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

From my experience, I don't like him as much as Smash 4, but he's not bad.
Lot of older characters are kinda outclassed now because of how good these newcomers are.
The newcomers are insane. Inklings, K. Rool, and the Belmonts are all frighteningly good when used correctly. Even Ridley plays a lot better than expected IMO. Incineroar's throws are super scary as well.

Isabelle seems kind of weak, but honestly I'm probably just playing her poorly. I think even she'll end up decent in the right hands.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
holy **** Nintendo.

At least... at least let me SD from these FFAs that I didn't choose to be in.
Give me... at least that.

EDIT: At least let me quit when I lose all my stocks so I'm not forced to wait until everyone else finishes.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
"YOU'LL NEVER SEE IT COMIIIIINNNGG"
*he combos you to death*
better think
about your game
are you sure
your next move's the right one for you?
are you sure
you won't get outmaneuvered
again and again my friend?

0 to death combo

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

BUT YOU SURE AIN'T GOT A CLUE
HOW BAD
THIS WILL GO
DON'T YOU KNOW
KNOW MY ART
(ART OF WAR)
Can we stop for a moment to think about how this song will be in Smash with Joker.

Smash is a work of art.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom