• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
My bad. Shaking off the forum rust lol. I haven't been on one in a while, I mostly stick to Twitter.
you seem to have been in a safe enough place
When Chrom is in the battle, he gets replaced in Robin's FS by Alfonse. "Leave it to me!".

Also, it wrong that I'd give up playable Geno for a Forest Mushrooms stage/remix?
Why not Anna?

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
I WANT OPINIONS PLEASE:

Mokujin rep. for Tekken as DLC.

He randomly uses the Moveset of other Smash characters.

images.jpg

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Eh, that seems stretching it.
Especially when Chrom's already got a white outfit that's already pretty similar to Alfonse.
Might be a reference to the Heron Laguz
You talking about his white and orange Kellam alt?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I WANT OPINIONS PLEASE:

View attachment 180109
Why?

It's a bad Tekken rep.

And it's also just a strange thing when Sakurai could create an OG Smash character that does the same thing? Though it'd feel cheap because it's ripping off the moves of the iconic fighters of Smash in that case.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I WANT OPINIONS PLEASE:

View attachment 180109
I'd actually love a Mokujin-esque character in Smash that changes styles every stock, but Mokujin himself wouldn't work given the bodytypes in Smash being much too varied for him. I think Ditto would be the best fit for such an archetype.

D

Deleted member

I'd actually love a Mokujin-esque character in Smash that changes styles every stock, but Mokujin himself wouldn't work given the bodytypes in Smash being much too varied for him. I think Ditto would be the best fit for such an archetype.
I mean, now that we have squad strike... is this even necessary?

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Oh god. The chair theory.

I can't believe I went so hard on that damn chair theory.
Remember when the ladder and barrel during E3 was meant to hint at King K. Rool this whole time! That definitely means that the Sakurai is doing the same for Skull Kid with the chairs!

:4pacman:

We all make mistakes Fisher.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
At least he has an actual costume that changes his model. Actually, two, counting the AC one without the sleeves.
And they're not that bad. The black one is clearly Zack, and iirc another color was generic SOLDIER.
Pac-man's do suck.
Lucario is up there with worst costumes too, imo.
I get the references being SOLDIER ranks. But they are hard to tell apart from a distance. Same with Pac-Man to an extent.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I doubt the Chrom picture has affiliation with Sephiroth, but comparing it to the chair theory is not fair, from the beginning the chair theory was stupid and based on conjecture and assumption with no direct visual hints. The Isaac picture is a much fairer comparison, though one could argue that it was teasing him as an assist trophy, given the picture being about assist trophies. You may say "Sakurai would never tease anything below a playable character", and with that, I raise you Ridley being teased as a boss in Pyrosphere in April 2014's Smash direct. :p
What Isaac picture? You aren't talking about the MH picture are you? That was referencing monster hunter, with the series main monster against a few characters that had costumes in MH?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
You are ignoring the biggest rival Banco has ever had with Nintendo. Agumon the great.
And Don-chan is very good as well.
I'd argue that If there was a 2nd Bandai Namco rep slot, it'd be as elusive as that 2nd Square Enix slot...
There are so many possibilities on who it could be....

Klonoa
Agumon
KOS-MOS
Lloyd
Heihachi
The Tamagotchi mascot... (Forgot his name)
Don-Chan
Dark Souls character
Soul Caliber character
The Katamari Prince
The Dig Dug Guy

So many potential choices

Last edited:

Ezclapper

Smash Apprentice
For the record, I will vouch for PolarPanda PolarPanda He is trustworthy and I personally believe what he has to say.
I trust him too, especially since Hitagi did confirm the list is real confidently. What I want to know is if this is Verge's list or a list they came to a consensus to.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Myth: Leakers know anything about DLC which probably only started official development a week or two ago since the game went gold.

Fact: KOS-MOS is the sleeper Bandai Namco rep that Nintendo could likely pick because of her recent popularity and affiliation with their first party studio Monolith Soft and game XC2. She is known for being thrown into many crossovers with Bandai Namco involved.

She's very underrated at the moment, but she's got a long history going for her that many people greatly underestimate. Would it be surprising if she's not playable by the end of Ultimate's support cycle? Not at all, but her significance to the franchise, Namco, and Monolith Soft as a whole are not to be ignored. People are indeed mentioning their Heihachis and Lloyds, but it wouldn't be impossible to assume that the 30 empty character slots may open the gates to a bit more than 1 additional Namco newcomer.

She's also my #1, so I have to face the reality that she's an underdog pick compared to the other possible Namco reps. It's nearly impossible to bring her up without rival groups downplaying her real hard, which makes her sleeper status apparent since most of us are pretty quiet about our support. Still, when all is said and done, I hope we reach a satisfactory conclusion to this whole thing. I'd be fine with 3-4 Unique Namco reps too, given how much the company has worked on Smash.

And no, Luigi the President, I don't care that Namco has the Lion's Share when it comes to development of the game. They've earned the right to add roughly a handful of their own reps. Is it an obligation? No, not at all, but it's certainly an honor I feel they're allowed to accept if given that opportunity.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Lets me have a nice experience here!
I pick RIDLEY and put him inside my Card...

TOON WORLD!
ToonWorld-DPBC-PT-C-1E.png

The result is...
kisspng-super-metroid-metroid-samus-returns-metroid-fusio-5b144a69c08e82.4377267615280564257887.png

Rizen

Smash Legend
^He goes by 'random' on the character select screen.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
What Isaac picture? You aren't talking about the MH picture are you? That was referencing monster hunter, with the series main monster against a few characters that had costumes in MH?
Well, a lot of people thought that picture was teasing Isaac given how its composition is similar to Golden Sun's battle screen. But if it was meant to reference Monster Hunter, that only helps my point.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Where's my dumb Kingdom Hearts outfit
There's a LOT of dumb **** going on here. But the red tattered cape is something I'm all about. Strider would be proud.

He's got on like 9 belts. it's terrible. Why would you bandage your sword? Ichigo from Bleach only did when he wasn't using it.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well, a lot of people thought that picture was teasing Isaac given how its composition is similar to Golden Sun's battle screen. But if it was meant to reference Monster Hunter, that only helps my point.
Not for nothing, but that picture can be both a reference to Golden Sun and Monster Hunter, the two aren't exactly mutually exclusive.

D

Deleted member

She's very underrated at the moment, but she's got a long history going for her that many people greatly underestimate. Would it be surprising if she's not playable by the end of Ultimate's support cycle? Not at all, but her significance to the franchise, Namco, and Monolith Soft as a whole are not to be ignored. People are indeed mentioning their Heihachis and Lloyds, but it wouldn't be impossible to assume that the 30 empty character slots may open the gates to a bit more than 1 additional Namco newcomer.

She's also my #1, so I have to face the reality that she's an underdog pick compared to the other possible Namco reps. It's nearly impossible to bring her up without rival groups downplaying her real hard, which makes her sleeper status apparent since most of us are pretty quiet about our support. Still, when all is said and done, I hope we reach a satisfactory conclusion to this whole thing. I'd be fine with 3-4 Unique Namco reps too, given how much the company has worked on Smash.

And no, Luigifan18, I don't care that Namco has the Lion's Share when it comes to development of the game. They've earned the right to add roughly a handful of their own reps. Is it an obligation? No, not at all, but it's certainly an honor I feel they're allowed to accept if given that opportunity.
I'd be down for KOS-MOS. She seems like she'd be a cool character, being a kung fu, laser blasting killer android and all.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
There's a LOT of dumb **** going on here. But the red tattered cape is something I'm all about. Strider would be proud.

He's got on like 9 belts. it's terrible. Why would you bandage your sword? Ichigo from Bleach only did when he wasn't using it.
IIRC the design and cameo was meant to be for Vincent only for them to switch him out for Cloud mid-development.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
IIRC the design and cameo was meant to be for Vincent only for them to switch him out for Cloud mid-development.
I know it's part Vincent. That's why he has the dumb wing. All he should have taken was the Cape, and maybe the headband.

Didn't know he was supposed to be in instead of Cloud all together though, so that's neat.

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
I never said that idk why people think it is one or the other.

Brawl had trophies as well as stickers that effected stats in SE. No reason we couldn't have both spirits and trophies. Just a consequence of the shorter development time due to the Wii u flopping
Pretty sure it's been stated that cutting trophies was not only decided early on but allowed them to have all this stuff. Tbh I'd rather have all this stuff now then wait a long time just to have trophies

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
So I talked to PolarPanda, just so people know I heard the same list of Square names they did.

I was keeping it to myself out of confidentiality, but now that its out I don't mind backing it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom