• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
So for a SE rep, since The World Ends with You was a DS title and now got ported onto switch, what are the odds its Neku Sakuraba?

Also think we are due for some other Sega and Namco character.

Crazy picks for Namco would be something like a God Eater or Code Vein rep but lets face it, if they get a rep at all it would be a tales character. Most likely Llyod.
For Sega I can imagine, Axel from Street of Rage, Ristar, A Jet Set Radio character, Space Channel 5 Ulala. ALSO Ryo Hazuki from Shenmue.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For Sega I can imagine, Axel from Street of Rage, Ristar, A Jet Set Radio character, Space Channel 5 Ulala. ALSO Ryo Hazuki from Shenmue.
>Axel
I wish, given that Streets of Rage 4 was announced not too long ago. His only chance now is if there's a second season.

Sora from KH1 is definitely a child. He's a teenager in 2 and 3, no?

Or is it child, pre-teen, teenager?
Teen, yes, as in not grown up enough to be an adult yet (although his behavior in some entries don't help).

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So for a SE rep, since The World Ends with You was a DS title and now got ported onto switch, what are the odds its Neku Sakuraba?

Crazy picks for Namco would be something like a God Eater or Code Vein rep but lets face it, if they get a rep at all it would be a tales character. Most likely Llyod.
Just gonna say Sega owns Atlus and Atlus's flagship series is SMT and the most popular mainline SMT protagonist is a certain half-demon tattooed god-puncher.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Just gonna say Sega owns Atlus and Atlus's flagship series is SMT and the most popular mainline SMT protagonist is a certain half-demon tattooed god-puncher.
Speaking of Shin Megami Tensei, have they revealed anything about Shin Megami Tensei V since like... January 2017? That's the last time I remember hearing about it.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Question. If Sora gets in?

Is he gonna have Kingdom Hearts Sora look or Kingdom Hearts II/III little more mature look?

Both? He can't have both obviously, right? Proportions would be all weird.
I'd expect either Kingdom Hearts II Sora (as that's his most iconic iteration) or Kingdoms Hearts III Sora (If they're promotion KHIII). OG Kingdom Hearts Sora would be referenced as with a color/alt based on KHII Limit Form or KHIII Second form.

Also it'd be hype as **** if, at the end of Spirits, Sora saves the entire gang using some good old Keyblade ****ery. Only way that would happen is if he's Day 1 DLC though.

Sora and Piranha Plant as Day 1 DLC would be great.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
There is a reason why Sakurai made Kirby the only character avaliable in Story Mode.

So, just for a second, let's say you're a young child who's never played Smash Bros before. You were born in 2008 or whatever, and your parents didn't get you a Wii U-- who could blame them? Now, you're jumping into a game with a whole lot of depth, where every character plays differently. And as anybody who's played with a new person can attest, if you jump right into a match, you're barely going to be able to fight, much less recover from throwing yourself off the edge. That can be frustrating.
So, they probably won't start with quickplay unless they're learning with somebody. God knows they won't start online. So, as most new players will, they'll start with the story mode.
There's an excellent video by a YouTuber named RelaxAlax about Kirby's role in Smash as a tutorial character, but to summarize:
  • he's simple and straightforward
  • his moves all work in the direction of the input
  • he serves as a way to test out the moves of other characters through his Copy
  • he has many, many jumps and other stuff. Basically, he's great for beginners.
So, by making Adventure Mode start with Kirby and branch off into different characters, it gives new players a simple character to start with, then providing the option to switch characters to somebody that catches their eye during a fight. It's a tutorial without being a tutorial. Honestly, it makes perfect sense to me, so if I could, I would ask everyone to stop whining about this and view the video.

https://youtu.be/9exHTAr9EMA

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
One of Atlus' most popular series is Persona and the most relevant protagonist is a certain god-shooting Phantom Thief.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If Sora does come with his Disney elements. Imagine how ****ing nuts the internet will go over seeing Donald and Goofy in Smash.

Double imagine the insanity if he gets an assist trophy (which I doubt Sakura mentioned nothing about them in talking about the DLC) and it's King Mickey with his keyblade.

That might break professional game journalism as much as Cloud did.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Question. If Sora gets in?

Is he gonna have Kingdom Hearts Sora look or Kingdom Hearts II/III little more mature look?

Both? He can't have both obviously, right? Proportions would be all weird.
They should make him older with 2 and 3 styles, but have an alt of his original costume when it was too small at the beginning of 2.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I wouldn't be surprised if all the Mii outfits from the last game, DLC included, returned.

After all, everyone is here :p
"Welcome back to everybody's favorite Mii costume, the Federation Force marine."

Is there a Nintendo Direct coming?
Word on the street says it'll be three days from now, on YT's launch on the console.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Quick question, would you guys pay for an DLC update that doesn't include characters?

Say, for example, a 20 bucks update that add a break the targets and board the platform level per character, Home run contest, one aditional skin (plus 4 recolors) per character and stage builder?

(honestly is tons of work)

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
It's going to be OG KH because of Nomura's rageboner for it to push it somehow in everygame he can, whenever it's flashback or not
>KHI
>Chain of memories
>KH II begining/Limit form
>KH 3D
>KH 358/2
>KH Re:Codec
>KH III Announcement Trailer

I tell you, we want KH II for that easy Alt for every form.
Or the Snazy KHIII

But it's going to be KH I

Potato_

Smash Lord

Neku would be my dream Square rep, but I'm not confident in it at all. I'd say he has a 15% chance at most.

For Namco I'm almost certain it's Lloyd or Heihachi, and I'm leaning more towards Lloyd for a few reasons.

Sega has a few reps to choose from, especially since they own Atlus. Tails, Joker from Persona 5, Demifiend from SMT (I got you Idon Idon ) are among the bigger names.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Quick question, would you guys pay for an DLC update that doesn't include characters?

Say, for example, a 20 bucks update that add a break the targets and board the platform level per character, Home run contest, one aditional skin (plus 4 recolors) per character and stage builder?

20 is a bit too much I think... but I would I guess

D

Deleted member

Yes, and i won’t regret it.

At all.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Purely for funsies.

Reaction time.

You're playing World of Spirits and near the end when out of nowhere a ship is approaching the Final Boss and about to crash.

Suddenly....

''GAWRSH SORA WE'RE GOING TO HIT HIM." rings out in an iconic voice.

What do you do?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
That didn't worked out so well for Assist Trophies, though (or anything except fighters, for that matter).
Except Mii outfits are part of the Mii fighter. So it'd make sense for it to be the only thing besides playable fighters to have everything, since they are effectively fighters.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Definitely.

I was a sucker and bought all of the Sm4sh DLC, and I'm still a sucker and am going to buy all of this game's DLC.

D

Deleted member

Purely for funsies.

Reaction time.

You're playing World of Spirits and near the end when out of nowhere a ship is approaching the Final Boss and about to crash.

Suddenly....

What do you do?
I would react in the same way that i do with a jumpscare.
Because that would be shocking. Not Sora, but just Goofy’s voice.

D

Deleted member

Purely for funsies.

Reaction time.

Suddenly....

What do you do?
I would shout: "HOLY ****ING **** THEY ACTUALLY ****ING DID IT BOI!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom