• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think I'm one of the few people that didn't have any kind huge emotion from the Grinch leak being fake, since most of the characters in the leak are ones I didn't have personal investment on (Back then I mostly played on the DS (and Ps2/Wii) which unfortuntely doesn't have any reps aside of Lucario), so when it was deconfirmed I was like: "Yeah, okay that's a bummer that Mach Rider is not confirmed but alright". I was actually a bit excited that Piranha plant was revealed and also really like Incineroars moveset.
I was just like "huh, I wonder how they'd do Chorus Kids and Mach Rider". and Shadow

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The Bandanna Dee/Skull Kid one, with the Poke Floats stage. Because it looked amazing. And I really wanted those 2 characters and Poke Floats. Lasted for a few hours, but man it looked good (too good really, which was why it was so easy to debunk)
Shoulda added more BLUR

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I think I'm one of the few people that didn't have any kind huge emotion from the Grinch leak being fake, since most of the characters in the leak are ones I didn't have personal investment on (Back then I mostly played on the DS (and Ps2/Wii) which unfortuntely doesn't have any reps aside of Lucario), so when it was deconfirmed I was like: "Yeah, okay that's a bummer that Mach Rider is not confirmed but alright". I was actually a bit excited that Piranha plant was revealed and also really like Incineroars moveset.
Same. The only character I really wanted on the leak was Shadow. It sucks that we didn't get more characters, but I'm happy with what we got.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
If all my boi's aerials have reduced landing lag (which seems to be the case, like cut in half even), then HO BOY!!!
All of Yoshi's aerials have less landing lag aside from u-air.

Edit: hey look, it's my 6000th post.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It has been a while folks.
LANCER.PNG

So, DLC I want? I will take practically any. Not going to lie, I want Steve. Mainly because of childhood nostalgia.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Also: Dark Dawn is ****ING GREAT, that DS game is one of my favorite RPGS I ever played, along with Tales of the Abyss, so I was more connected with Matthew than Issac, espically with it's music and battle sound effects. It's sucks I lost that game and never found it at all.

MainJPW

M.T.A
What if Sakurai decides to head up a Sin and Punishment sequel and we get Saki as a promotional character before that similar to how we got Pit in Brawl?

I can dream, right?
I’d be down.
For DLC I haven't seen anyone mentioning Miles Prower. It seems odd that Shadow wasn't included as an echo when it would have been very easy to do. Of all the third parties in Smash, Sonic seems like the one that would most likely get a second character. So I think its very possible they planned to put in Tails as DLC, and didn't put in Shadow because they thought 3 characters were to much.
Maybe...perhaps. Sakurai probably thought a Classic/Fighters style moveset wouldn’t be a good fit for Shadow since he isn’t in those games, Tails on the other hand is. They even went in and touched up Shadow’s Chaos Control animations and effects maybe because Sakurai thinks Chaos abilities are the best way to represent Shadow. Just spitballing.

It’s hard to say because Orange Sonic probably isn’t very likely for DLC since we’ll probably get mostly new franchises. I still find it odd that the third most prominent character after Sonic himself and Eggman doesn’t get more than a cameo in the background of Green Hill. He’s Sonic’s Luigi, iconic sidekick and all that yada yada yada words words.

D

Deleted member

Okay, at this very moment, I am gasping for air and need assistance because somehow, someway, Joel from Vinesauce has turned the most lackluster Smash Bros. Nintendo Direct that's ever been put out into a more enjoyable ride than the August Direct.

**** VERGEBEN, JOEL'S THE REAL LEAKER HERE. HE CONFIRMED DARK LUIGI.

Note: Uhhh bad language and extremely loud noises from person

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
What was your favorite fake leak during Ultimate's reveal from now to all the way back when?

I think the Meteos leak was one of the best ones totally not because i partially destroyed it visually. Was pretty creative, too.
Resident leak guy here.

I always liked the Dante leak. It was so stupid how what was originally a 4chan meme actually had a credible leak going for him, and became a legitimate figure in speculation from that point on. Like, we still talk about Dante every now and again. That never happened before the Dante leak.

Anything with Big Maring in it was good too.

D

Deleted member

Square Enix character for DLC? It could potentially be Geno.

Geno would really hype up the beginning of the DLC season like Mewtwo did in Smash 4, and Geno is one of the most heavily requested fighters.

Or Sora, because Square Enix prefers Sora by a long shot and Sora has Kingdom Hearts III upcoming. We will see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Maybe Orange Yoshi will also take damage in water...

After all, it originated in Super Mario Sunshine :yoshi:
They'd need to make all the Yoshis take water damage so congrats you just killed this whole family.

Does Crafted Yoshi take double water damage then because it's made up of cardboard or w/e? Amazon has shown me that cardboard does not like getting wet.

Maybe I'm becoming sour but I find videos like this so obnoxious.
Because they are obnoxious.

I watch more than I interact with any other media and as much as I enjoy watching content, I can't stand the current state of the platform.

I hope in the not to distant future, someone comes up with a competitor so we can force Youtube to get better if it wants to stay in the market..

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Y'know I really wish that if Rabbids are playable, they're would be based on Rabbids Go Home. With their scream attacks, shopping cart mount, loot based mechanic, and a junkyard tower stage that I personally love to bits, I would rather have that than the more generic (In comparison) Rabbids + Mario incarnation, since Rabbids Go Home is one of my personal favorite Wii games I've played.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Y'know I really wish that if Rabbids are playable, they're would be based on Rabbids Go Home. With their scream attacks, shopping cart mount, loot based mechanic, and a junkyard tower stage that I personally love to bits, I would rather have that than the more generic (In comparison) Rabbids + Mario incarnation, since Rabbids Go Home is one of my personal favorite Wii games I've played.
I'm not anti-Rabbid's like a lot of people, but Rabbid Peach is the best character Ubisoft have ever made.

I mean, Rayman is better but still...

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Been thinking I wonder if we would get anything in between DLC release?
I've been thinking that... Since the season pass is called "Fighter Pass", I'm wondering if they'll release Mii Costumes again... or even more character colors/costumes... (or... a music pack, which I'd love. But that seems very unlikely)

Pakky

Smash Hero
Like additional content? I'd love a free echo here and there. Don't know how likely that is
Echoes or costumes. Then again as far as costumes go I guess, you can buy them in the in-game store? Though it wasn't brought up so I doubt it.

Jeanne's absence bothers me...

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
We should be able to unlock Snake, Simon and Richter by inputting the Konami code on the title screen.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Been thinking I wonder if we would get anything in between DLC release?
Unless we're talking about random echoes here and there. I doubt it.
And even that is pushing it; since I don't think they'll be free and we'll have to pay more money on top of the season pass.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Okay, at this very moment, I am gasping for air and need assistance because somehow, someway, Joel from Vinesauce has turned the most lackluster Smash Bros. Nintendo Direct that's ever been put out into a more enjoyable ride than the August Direct.

**** VERGEBEN, JOEL'S THE REAL LEAKER HERE. HE CONFIRMED DARK LUIGI.

Note: Uhhh bad language and extremely loud noises from person

Man I love Joel so this will likely be worth a watch

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Echoes or costumes. Then again as far as costumes go I guess, you can buy them in the in-game store? Though it wasn't brought up so I doubt it.

Jeanne's absence bothers me...
I would love Jeanne, Impa, Dixie (if she's not gonna be her own fighter), Black Shadow, Medusa, Funky Kong and Octolings as echoes still.

I really like the concept for fighters that wouldn't have gotten in otherwise, and I'm surprised Sakurai didn't make more

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
We should be able to unlock Snake, Simon and Richter by inputting the Konami code on the title screen.
Maybe if you do the konami code before Classic Mode starts, you'll get 30x Lives (At the cost of more knockback similar to being fragile in Contra, and won't reward you in challenges).

Pakky

Smash Hero
They'd need to make all the Yoshis take water damage so congrats you just killed this whole family.

Does Crafted Yoshi take double water damage then because it's made up of cardboard or w/e? Amazon has shown me that cardboard does not like getting wet.

Because they are obnoxious.

I watch more than I interact with any other media and as much as I enjoy watching content, I can't stand the current state of the platform.

I hope in the not to distant future, someone comes up with a competitor so we can force Youtube to get better if it wants to stay in the market..
The influx doesn't even bother me its all this cringy half-baked research people do.

"Geno is not likely due to X"

"Sora isn't owned by Square Enix"

WHO ARE YOU, PEOPLE?

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I would be surprised if Ubisoft doesn't get a rep for DLC given their relationship with Nintendo over the last few years and now

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
Did Kirby Star Allies get a Direct? I can't remember...
No, Kirby Star Allies didn't get it's own direct. But what's interesting is that the official Kirby twitter posted a picture of Francisca (one of the villains in Star Allies) and mentioned 'Another Dimension'. Most likely it's hinting at wave 3, but I doubt we'd get an entire direct for it unless if there are new modes or extra worlds/levels.

D

Deleted member

I would be surprised if Ubisoft doesn't get a rep for DLC given their relationship with Nintendo over the last few years and now
People are sleeping hard on the possibility of Ubisoft and Bethesda characters. They're the two third party companies that have been going hard with support on the Switch, with Ubi getting a few exclusives and Bethesda pushing simultaneous multi-plat releases for it. Good business relations obviously may not even mean much, but it's something.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Said the Smash 4 player in late 2014. Little did he know that Ubisoft still didn't get a rep four years later.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Does anyone want the medley of Tomodachi Quest remix to be in Smash? That music on all of them are absolute fire if mixed together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom