• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Pig Ganon is the real slept on potential Zelda rep imo. There's a lot that can be done with him, and he's still prevalent in the series.
It may sound cool, but it'll make people more mad than it is glad.

They put a second Ganon instead of an actual newcomer???!??!?!

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
Question to the room.

Should there even be any "Mario____" with just Mario/DK characters anymore?

I mean having more Nintendo characters in Tennis and Kart seems like a grand idea.

#:ultbayonetta: invite her to everything, please.
No because then Camelot can actually start focusing on Golden Sun

:4pacman:

Potato_

Smash Lord
From seeing Sakurai's choices over the years, the best I can assume for his character choices are if you're a secondary character, it doesn't matter how popular you are, you HAVE to be in more than one game.

It's why Zelda hasn't gotten a new rep since Toon Link. Skull Kid, Midna, Ghirahim and even Zant are all well loved and would make for good movesets, but only make a major appearance in one game (not counting cameo appearances or else Skull Kid would have 2 more).

I think Tetra's the best chance at another Zelda rep, but she doesn't seem to attract the same crowd as the characters previously listed sadly.

Ganon is also a good choice.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ghirahim, Zant, and Skull Kid are just sitting in the "non-playable Zelda villain" room forever.
Poor Mipha is just crying in the corner

Let's play a dumb little game...
You were assigned to be the director of a blockbuster Super Smash Bros live action movie. You need some celebrities in the film to get some people in the seats. Cast these characters as well as 2 other smash characters of your choice, as well as character you want to be in Smash, but hasn't yet.
Live action Actors
:ultmario:
:ultluigi:
:ultpeach:
:ultlink:
:ultzelda:
:ultganondorf:
:ultsamus:/:ultzss:
:ultpokemontrainer:
:ultfalcon:
:ultmarth:
:ultike:
:ultpit:
:ultsnake:
:ultmegaman:
:ultvillager:
:ultwiifittrainer:

CGI and/or Motion Captured
:ultbowser:
:ultyoshi:
:ultkirby:
:ultkingdedede:
:ultpikachu:
:ultmewtwo:
:ultsonic:
:ultpacman:
:ultinkling:
Points go to creativity and absurdness
I'll be keeping track...

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Pig Ganon is the real slept on potential Zelda rep imo. There's a lot that can be done with him, and he's still prevalent in the series.
If that means we can finally have Ganon use his energy tennis balls, then I'm all for it. Would also be up for trident shenanigans.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
If you could only have one, I'd trade em both for Bomberman. :3
Would you still keep Richter though?
From seeing Sakurai's choices over the years, the best I can assume for his character choices are if you're a secondary character, it doesn't matter how popular you are, you HAVE to be in more than one game.

It's why Zelda hasn't gotten a new rep since Toon Link. Skull Kid, Midna, Ghirahim and even Zant are all well loved and would make for good movesets, but only make a major appearance in one game (not counting cameo appearances or else Skull Kid would have 2 more).

I think Tetra's the best chance at another Zelda rep, but she doesn't seem to attract the same crowd as the characters previously listed sadly.

Ganon is also a good choice.
What classifies a secondary character?

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
So interesting question here; would you keep :ultsnake: or :ultsimon: as a Konami rep?
Snake

The 1st SSB guest character. The rep that started it all and opened the doors for people wanting your Sonics and you Ryus and your Capcom reps, Microsoft reps, Playstation characters. A character that blew my miiiiiiiind seeing him debut in Brawl's trailer. The character that reps Konami's best selling franchise that isn't named Yu-Gi-Oh!

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
Snake

The 1st SSB guest character. The rep that started it all and opened the doors for people wanting your Sonics and you Ryus and your Capcom reps, Microsoft reps, Playstation characters. A character that blew my miiiiiiiind seeing him debut in Brawl's trailer. The character that reps Konami's best selling franchise that isn't named Yu-Gi-Oh!
I can’t wait for Dark Magician to be DLC! /s

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
I still find it funny that people on here take roster discussion so seriously that they get butthurt over a FREE character.
I think it's more why waste time over a character no one wanted than ones that has been heavily requested. I personally like his addition, but I completely understand why people don't.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I can't believe the "Sakurai just hates x franchise" mentality exists. Link, Zelda and Gannondorf are some of the most heavily reworked veterans from the looks of things, and he had a chance to cut Sheik in 4 if he wanted to but didn't. It perplexes me as well that we haven't had any other Zelda newcomers in a while, but I doubt "hate" is the reason.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Is there any known Xenoblade X content in Ultimate? That is a very suspicious absence. It is giving me vibes of seeing Dark Samus's Assist Trophy and Samus's Dark Samus color palette missing.

Enchess

Smash Lord
You know, I'd bring back :ultbayonetta: for next Smash game.
I'll go a step further. :ultbayonetta: is the first third party I'd bring back (assuming I had to bring back any). She's like a step- sister in the Nintendo family. The other 3rd parties are friends or acquaintances.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Gonna throw it out there...I seem to remember a good amount of the fanbase wanting a character that nobody saw coming to get revealed.

We got one, and the salt is definitely...definitely real with it.

Is it...a character nobody saw coming that YOU wanted to see, or one that nobody saw coming like Piranha Plant? Pick one.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
I think it's more why waste time over a character no one wanted than ones that has been heavily requested. I personally like his addition, but I completely understand why people don't.
imo that's exactly why it's free. So people don't feel like it stole a slot (even though no slot is ever truly stolen ever).

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
You know I was questioning why Nintendo would want to choose a Granblue Fantasy character as DLC, but then I found out she's getting her own game on consoles and all the pieces fell into place.

Promotional characters are a thing. :ultroy::ultcorrin: were a thing. Katalina could very well be in the same vein as them.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I can't believe the "Sakurai just hates x franchise" mentality exists. Link, Zelda and Gannondorf are some of the most heavily reworked veterans from the looks of things, and he had a chance to cut Sheik in 4 if he wanted to but didn't. It perplexes me as well that we haven't had any other Zelda newcomers in a while, but I doubt "hate" is the reason.
Zelda still has the biggest series jump, adding four newcomers in one game.

But that was literally before some people here were born.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom