• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh ****, I didn't even think of this at all.
This is gonna be terrible...who has the popcorn.
This is exactly why I go into lockdown mode whenever a big new game comes out. Don't read anything, don't watch anything, don't look it up. Just play the game and see for yourself.

R O F L

Smash Ace
On the spirits thing, Sakurai specifically said there are "fighter spirits" which can't be equipped and are only there for cosmetic purposes, he then bought a Daisy fighter spirit, so yeah, anything with a spirit that's actually equippable with it's exact name (no super sonic, naked snake or wii fit poses but the actual characters) is mostly deconfirmed
So that means Dixie and Magolor are deconfirmed, oh well.

Louie and Bandana Dee haven't been shown in any form yet though.... I shouldn't get my hopes up.... Especially for Louie since we know there won't be any DLC echos.... But unique Louie is the only thing I ever wanted....... Please deconfirm him already and put me out of my misery.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. I re-edited the "Everyone is Here" video with the new vocal theme, and added all the extra characters!

Hope you like!

D

Deleted member

Oh. Well, :ultridley:,:ultsimon:, and :ultincineroar: look awesome, even if they're not "Internet-breaking".
:ultridley: broke the internet pretty hard I think. His trailer at E3 felt like a culmination of everything since Melee. I didn't even care about him and was still excited.

Last edited by a moderator:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
In attempt to familiarize myself with Kingdom Hearts so the lack of Geno doesn't send me into an intense depression, i've been researching the game's story.

I feel like I understand less than when I knew nothing about Kingdom Hearts.
Lol. I love the games, especially 1 & 2, but don't read the story. I've played them, and still...they're a mess.

Just know -- Final Fantasy characters interacting with Disney characters, with fun RPG/fighting mechanics.

Also, there's Winnie the Pooh minigames

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
This is exactly why I go into lockdown mode whenever a big new game comes out. Don't read anything, don't watch anything, don't look it up. Just play the game and see for yourself.
I don't mind the spoilers. It's not gonna ruin the fun for me

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
I wish I had the opportunity to play a Kingdom Hearts game. I need moar money....

But I have taken a listen to some KH music, and wow. That's some good stuff.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
imagines the Prosafia's future all bosses in world of light with final boss in the center of the thumbnail

Oh boi, this will be hard time to avoid who's who as bosses.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
If Sora doesn't make it I'm going to be so happy lol

But so sad if Steve gets in and Banjo&Kazooie don't
If Sora doesn't get in, I'll be happy as well, and if Steve gets in over Banjo... I'll be happier than if Banjo got in over Steve (I really don't want Sora and Banjo)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel like some take the Minecraft content as a confirmation of a Minecraft-only pack.

Taking what we know, they could actually go for a general Microsoft pack, since that would give more attention to the DLC.

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
In attempt to familiarize myself with Kingdom Hearts so the lack of Geno doesn't send me into an intense depression, i've been researching the game's story.

I'm sorry, but Kingdom Hearts's story sucks xD

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Um.. There Isaac's theme seems to be in this game, but what stage would it be on? Also there was two other tracks from Smash 4 being a remix of Felix's battle theme and the Doom Dragon theme and the Weyard overworld theme from Dark Dawn.. That would make a Golden Sun library of three tracks.. Pretty much enough for a stage.. Also Matthew of course has a few battle themes of his own in Dark Dawn, again we heard from the other two tracks yet could these songs be unavailable until dlc? Even though you heard Isaac'a theme play in the Direct, could it be saved for a dlc stage
I think, for DLC, it would be wise to expect mostly huge hitter third-parties (Geno is the opposite of huge), with one first party character that did well in the Ballot, maybe Bandana Dee? Although I don't even know at this point anymore. I can't wait to see what surprises Sakurai throws at us.
Im thinking we will just see Square and Microsoft for third parties.. You know why too, Im thinking more likely Geno over Sora because all they would have to do is make his Mii costume into a character.. Im not too sure if they would have been able to acquire the necessary licensing for Sora during the time the characters were chosen.. It just seems unlikely.

And of course Microsoft has some Minecraft coming soon..

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
It won't ruin the fun, but i feel like there'd be a bit more fun if I didn't know all the cutscenes before release.
That's just me though.
Fair enough. I usually don't care about story in gaming, so spoilers don't bother me

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I was a bit bored yesterday, so I decided to make a complete character usage tier list, and this is what I got.

S: :ultlink::ultgreninja::ultlucario::ultsonic::ultmewtwo:
A: :ultsimon::ultpit::ultmarth::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink:
B: :ultshulk::ultrichter::ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultmetaknight::ultmegaman::ultpokemontrainer::ultike::ultroy::ultchrom::ultsheik::ultpikachu::ultincineroar::ultken::ultryu:
C: :ultsnake::ultdarkpit::ultyoshi::ultridley::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultzss::ultrobin::ultlucina:
D: :ultolimar::ultness::ultduckhunt::ultrob::ultkirby::ultbowser::ultvillager::ultmario::ultluigi::ultlucas::ultgnw::ultpichu::ultpacman::ultmiifighters::ultfalcon:
E: :ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultkingdedede::ultjigglypuff::ultganondorf::ultpiranha:
F: :ultrosalina::ulticeclimbers::ultisabelle::ultinkling::ultkrool:
G: :ultbayonetta::ultbowserjr::ultwiifittrainer::ultwario::ultpeach::ultdaisy:

S & A are tier 1 & 2 mains (respectively), B & C make up secondaries (tier 1 & 2, respectively), C is the third tier of secondaries (which I need more time to get used to), D is the "maybe" group ( with consideration), E is "meh" (not bad, but I don't know), F is "boring" (not a fan of these ones), and G is "no." (sorry, but I can't).

Questions for me? Can anybody make their own (expecting meme responses)?
1541281064881.png

Iridium

Smash Hero
First thing to come into my head when I thought about this was Prosafia Gaming.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I feel like some take the Minecraft content as a confirmation of a Minecraft-only pack.

Taking what we know, they could actually go for a general Microsoft pack, since that would give more attention to the DLC.
They're not gonna do that. They're gonna do just like Sakurai said in the direct: one character, one stage, and several music tracks. So if a Minecraft stage gets in, a Minecraft character and music will get in as well

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Nekoo Nekoo
sigh. alright..
Well if that 1/3 is all FE charcaters and Pokemon then I'd agree..
But really, you can't say that. Every charcater is iconic. You may like Sora.. and Square for that, so you see their world bigger than any other. The thing is, only Smash is doing a well put together crossover, and the calls are made by Nintendo. So we'll see.

I love Konami, and as you, and I'm pretty sure of it, they can also make a game even fuller than Smash with their own IPs only.

Last edited:

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Just remember that it all boils down to one particular guy's fault and you should be alright.
Pretty much everything revolves around two people at the moment Xehanort the main antagonist and Sora the main protagonist. Motivations kinda just stem as a by product of whatever Sora and Xehanort do and say.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
It would be the Pride Lands, modeled after the SNES Lion King game. All characters get run over in the stampede. It's an unbeatable course, just like the game had been.
Or that second level everybody rage quits on.. Stage hazard is invisible wall in the tree branches. lol

D

Deleted member

They're not gonna do that. They're gonna do just like Sakurai said in the direct: one character, one stage, and several music tracks. So if a Minecraft stage gets in, a Minecraft character and music will get in as well
That's... what i said, no?

One character (Banjo), one stage (Minecraft) and several tracks (from Microsoft properties)?

NapoleonDos

Smash Cadet
*****, buy a LAN cable. It's a cheap 10-20 investment for something that will improve the online for not just you and smash, but for everyone else on the planet and every other online game, smh.
This sounds like the reason to get a flu vaccination

Noipoi

Howdy!
Quick question, how prominent is Stitch (aka, the best Disney character of all time) in Kingdom Hearts?
I don't think he'll show up in Smash or anything, I just really like hearing about Stitch :laugh:

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

That's the story of Kingdom Hearts for you.

Watch Everglow's Timeline series if you want a definitive show of the story. It's ****in' long, but it explains everything well.

Or just play the games if you can. You can buy a PS3 for cheap and get the 1.5 and 2.5 collections for like $30-40. You can also pick up Persona 5, which is amazing.
Quick question, how prominent is Stitch (aka, the best Disney character of all time) in Kingdom Hearts?
I don't think he'll show up in Smash or anything, I just really like hearing about Stitch :laugh:
Stich shows up in one of the worlds in Birth by Sleep (based on the spaceship prison), and is one of the best summons in KH2 because he continually replenishes your MP (with some RNG of course).

Last edited:

R O F L

Smash Ace
If Steve is one of the DLC characters, what music should his stage have? An intense remix of Sweden?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom