• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
You'd have to be blind to not see what Sakurai's intention was behind putting PP in. The trailer literally began with a fakeout making you think it was Geno.
Of course, it's not to say Smash fans don't deserve to be insulted like that, because they absolutely, positively do.
It was a joke.
All the characters knocked out, even a koopa.
It was built to think there was some massive thing Mario is pissed off about, but instead it was just Piranha Plant, it was supposed to be comedic.

D

Deleted member

Never forget that no matter what may happen with Smash DLC, you'll never have it quite as bad as every single Diablo fan has had it the past couple of days.

Shoopdawooper

Smash Apprentice
I feel like this shows how spirits work pretty nicely. At least explains it a lot better than the direct.

Sakurai explains game modes

Can a Japanese speaker translate what he says before he starts Isabelle's classic mode?

Also, major take away for me, is that stagebuilder missing from action is confirmed. This hurts me a lot. Everyone hated a lot on the previous stagebuilders we got, and I agree they had a lot of room for improvement, but I feel most people didn't use them to their full extent. I at least got a lot of enjoyment out of the smash 4 stagebuilder, and I will sorely miss it.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
User was warned for this post; flaming and media-only spam
That’s what they told me when i was looking for more Metroid reps and K.Rool, and when i was looking forward to Crash’s return.

“Never expect Ridley, even Sakurai said he won’t be in”
“Give up with K.Rool, he isn’t even in a main DK game anymore”
“Crash will never comeback, just freaking give up”
*Literally Saselandia jumping on Crash’s fans*
“Ridley will only stay as a meme”
“It will be Ridley or nothing for Metroid”

What happened?
-Metroid came back with two new titles, one for Switch and the other for 3DS.
-We didn’t get just Ridley, but also Meta Ridley and Dark Samus in Smash.
-K.Rool finally returned, and we can expect him in the next DK game at last.
-Crash got a great 20th anniversary, and became Activision’s new money-making machine.
-Crash has a huge amount of merchandising now.
-Spyro will come back too.

So, you want Banjo fans to give up? You feel like they lost forever? Well, let me tell this to those fans:

Never
Give
Up

I didn’t give up with Metroid, Crash and K.Rool. I will invite Banjo fans to keep going.
With enough effort, they sure can do it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cruSEeccAis

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That is very true. It's time to face the facts; face the truth. The characters a lot of us wanted, myself included, will not be playable, not now, not ever.
:ultlittlemac:Speak for yourself. :ultshulk:

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Friendly reminder that not every DLC character will be third party due to pricing.

I know they're all slated to be the same price as the third parties during Smash 4 DLC, but those characters also came with new stages, much like the current DLC characters. Corrin probably would've also been $5.99 rather than $4.99 if he came with a Fates stage as well.

SargeAbernathy

Smash Apprentice
Now, on to DLC Hype ....

I think ATs are, for the first season of DLC at least, off limits. Sorry Isaac! I was pushing for you!!! But, I'm willing to give them a second season chance. We aren't there yet, but we'll visit it then.

I think stickers aren't as strict as that. Geno I think could have a chance still. The fact that his image popped up showed their was communication with Square.

I think Microsoft is still a possibility, but I'm counting out Minecraft all together. This game tripled down on the fact that it is a Console game what all those stickers. Although Minecraft can port over to console, it doesn't do it well. It's clearly a PC game.

I think games that originated on PC could become characters, but only if their theme and feel is more of a console game. Undertale ... though I don't think it has enough history ... is an example of a PC game that is CLEARLY meant to be on a console. (It was inspired by Earthbound). I can easily see that game being represented.

I think Sora might be possible. Master Chief, Tails, Lloyd, Rayman, Heihachi, Banjo-Kazooie, Shantae ....

I think it's perfectly acceptable to look at more recent characters. We aren't limited to "two years ago" when the base roster was finalized.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I feel like this shows how spirits work pretty nicely. At least explains it a lot better than the direct.

Sakurai explains game modes

Can a Japanese speaker translate what he says before he starts Isabelle's classic mode?

Also, major take away for me, is that stagebuilder missing from action is confirmed. This hurts me a lot. Everyone hated a lot on the previous stagebuilders we got, and I agree they had a lot of room for improvement, but I feel most people didn't use them to their full extent. I at least got a lot of enjoyment out of the smash 4 stagebuilder, and I will sorely miss it.
Dang, you might be right. I didn't want to believe that stage builder will be gone, but it might be. Oh well, time to focus my replay value time on leveling up spirits

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Never forget that no matter what may happen with Smash DLC, you'll never have it quite as bad as every single Diablo fan has had it the past couple of days.
What happened? I'm legitimately curious.

They're about the same, if you ask me.
It's a Banjo VS Steve scenario.
Not quite as bad, since at least a decent amount of folks like the idea of Sora, they only have issues with the licensing.

I mean, considering Sakurai said he had to twist some arms, and all...

Last edited:

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
Soooo, for the fan wanted characters that are deconfirmed/have small chances, what do you think their Spirit battle could look like?
Shadow: Sonic with a gun, duh
Isaac: One of the Fire Emblems I guess? And many Sprouts everywhere.
Banjo & Kazooie (I’m Sorry, but their chances are small): Duck Hunt seems obvious, with the bird and Brown mammal.
Geno: Mii Gunner with his outfit if it’s still there. If it’s not then just a Mii gunner probably
Chorus Kids: 3 villagers? 3 Nesi? 3 Luci? I’d Say 3 of one of the kids

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
That is very true. It's time to face the facts; face the truth. The characters a lot of us wanted, myself included, will not be playable, not now, not ever.
Goodnight my sweet prince.
1540524301407.png

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
I feel if DLC was planned in 2015 (if they were, could be a translation issue), they were held back for a reason, which is licencing issues or cost.
Two of the characters I want fit under this.
Doomguy: The game is rated E10, and Doomguy as DLC would mean they could add him and have the DLC rated higher.
Slime: Dragon Quest is lengthy and expensive to licence, like Cloud.

SargeAbernathy

Smash Apprentice
That's also the deal with Smash. There's a round of speculation ... and people realize that if they don't get in now, then they probably won't get in later. Isaac, Shadow .... so many ATs ......

I'm sad yes ... but that's the name of the game here. :)

D

Deleted member

What happened? I'm legitimately curious.
TL;DW After months of teasing from Blizzard for something big for Diablo, all Diablo fans got at Blizzcon was a mobile game that had it's development outsourced to a Chinese company.
Putting it lightly, people were slightly disgruntled, and it drowned out pretty much all other positive news from the event.

Last edited by a moderator:

Condenir

Smash Apprentice
So after looking her up and understanding her more, I think Katalina would be kind of a cool character...
Honestly in every smash game there are characters from games I haven’t played before and I end up liking them because they look cool or have a cool Moveset.
While mobile gaming does seem weird...I really don’t care as long as she’s cool :p
I mean...tbh I know as much about Geno as I do her, except that Geno is very popular among smash fans

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
They're about the same, if you ask me.
It's a Banjo VS Steve scenario.
I get that some of yall have nostalgia for em, but come on, you think obscure characters that only 90s kids can remember have equal chances with the second best selling game in history

D

Deleted member

TL;DW After months of teasing from Blizzard for something big for Diablo, all Diablo fans got at Blizzcon was a mobile game that had it's development outsourced to a Chinese company.
Putting it lightly, people were slightly disgruntled.
Have you seen the new Diablo amiibo?

Looks interesting.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's also the deal with Smash. There's a round of speculation ... and people realize that if they don't get in now, then they probably won't get in later. Isaac, Shadow .... so many ATs ......

I'm sad yes ... but that's the name of the game here. :)
At the very least, I'm happy that DK finally has a chance to get more characters, after the dull period between Brawl and this.

Also, Sonic's big enough for another chance, so that won't go anywhere.

Putting it lightly, people were slightly disgruntled, and it drowned out pretty much all other positive news from the event.
Ouch, being treated like the Breath of Fire fanbase is not cool...

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
That guy who asked if it was an out of season April Fools' joke straight to the developers' faces is such a champ.

Last edited:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Why are you such a big jerk towards everyone. You really need an attitude change.
Why not? It's not like I have anything to lose. The entire roster and most of the DLC is known now.
Hey, maybe I don't even mean any of this? Did you ever think that? Maybe I'm saying all this as a way to vent because MY faves didn't get in.

Galaxyman

Smash Journeyman
training stage leaning combos with Ken til I drop
Why not? It's not like I have anything to lose. The entire roster and most of the DLC is known now.
Hey, maybe I don't even mean any of this? Did you ever think that? Maybe I'm saying all this as a way to vent because MY faves didn't get in.
hey now lets not start an argument. its just a game after all. starting an argument would seem very petty.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
"It's not like a have anything to lose." You could get banned :/
Also you need get over yourself. Your favorites didn't get in, so what. It's a video game. Come on, it's not the end of the world.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
What if there's a Boshi Spirit and the match involves battling a Blue Yoshi?
I'm hoping so. There are a lot of good Super Mario RPG options.
Boshi: Blue Yoshi w/ Bunny Hood (he is the fastest racer)
Booster: Red Wario protecting Peach
Mallow: White Kirby with magic items
Valentina & Dodo: Palutena & Blk Dedede
Johnny Jones: Blue K. Rool on Pirate Ship

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
"It's not like a have anything to lose." You could get banned :/
Also you need get over yourself. Your favorites didn't get in, so what. It's a video game. Come on, it's not the end of the world.
Well...you're right. But people like Kuon are reinforcing everything I say. It's not like I'm the only one saying all this. The difference between me and them though is that they actually do think that.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Well...you're right. But people like Kuon are reinforcing everything I say. It's not like I'm the only one saying all this. The difference between me and them though is that they actually do think that.
Honestly, it's not really worth getting upset over...you want your favorites in? Make a famgame or mod, or Maybe write a fan made story.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
It's not a possibility, it's a fact.
Any who says "better luck next time" is a damn optimistic fool and should just accept the inevitability of two things: Their fave is never getting in, and they're going to die scared, tired, and alone.
If your life's quality somehow depends on a video game character being in smash, then i'd encourage you to seek therapy and help rather than blame it on game developers.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The entire roster and most of the DLC is known now.
Wait, what? Did something happen while I was asleep or are we still pedaling on that Verge & friends rumor stationary bike?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom