• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
Alright here’s a another crack theory by Janitor Peeton.

You’re nearing then of your World of Light journey, just nearing the final boss! It’s been a long game, about 10 hours of total playtime. When you click to start the fight, a cutscene plays showing all the characters once more and just as everyone is about to attack.... someone falls out of the sky? It’s a wooden doll! It flips its wrist to reveal a gun and points it at galeem (or whatever the final bosses name is) then you see a bear and bird beside him, then a woman with white hair and two guns, and a kid with blade that looks like a key, and finally a brave little waddle dee with a bandanna and a spear!

The camera then pans out to show all of them and the base roster +piranha plant and ends with a “to be continued”

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
He doesn't want you to spend your money on anything you don't want, that's why he explained you should be cautious before buying it (or don't).

I don't know why so many people act like he's trying to trick the fans.
Well tbf the fans were promised Banjo, Geno, My Left Lung as an assist trophy and that the game would **** gold and suck your ****

Also if there's any doubt who the SSS character is gonna be, check this out

D

Deleted member

You’re nearing then of your World of Light journey, just nearing the final boss! It’s been a long game, about 10 hours of total playtime. When you click to start the fight, a cutscene plays showing all the characters once more and just as everyone is about to attack.... someone falls out of the sky? It’s a wooden doll! It flips its wrist to reveal a gun and points it at galeem (or whatever the final bosses name is) then you see a bear and bird beside him, then a woman with white hair and two guns, and a kid with blade that looks like a key, and finally a brave little waddle dee with a bandanna and a spear!

The camera then pans out to show all of them and the base roster +piranha plant and ends with a “to be continued”
And then Crash appears in an after-credits scene joining late.

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
If the DLC reps are actually Steve and anime waifus then I think I've gotten too old for this ****. I woke up one day and realized the kids think all the stuff I like is lame. Enjoy it while it lasts kids, it'll happen to YOU.

You can be upset about something without throwing a temper tantrum over it. I don't care if you like Piranha Plant and I don't care how you spend your own money in the slightest, just as long as you have some level of maturity and self composure about it. Never did I say that "everyone who dislikes Piranha Plant is petty".

It just seems to me like you really need to take a deep breath and try to calm down.
"I didn't mean anything, BUT you're an immature baby with no self-composure."

Nice fake apology there.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So I thought of this: This is probably how the roster display will look like after DLC, fill this in with your predictions for what the DLC newcomers will be, so we can see how they look with the rest of the roster (don't judge the quality, I literally made this in ms paint)
View attachment 175302
Thanks,
Just made one with my realistic predictions
afterDLC.png

And to be honest, if these were the charactrers, I would buy the Season Pass in a heartbeat...
I want all of them

Sora would mean that Disney's name would be in the copyright
Steve is a gaming icon and would have a very fun moveset
Katalina has a great design and another ice user is very well needed
Elma being a dual gun and sword user would make her very fun
and Ryu Hayabusa would round out the Third Party NES all stars

D

Deleted member

If the DLC reps are actually Steve and anime waifus then I think I've gotten too old for this ****. I woke up one day and realized the kids think all the stuff I like is lame. Enjoy it while it lasts kids, it'll happen to YOU.
*Gives a Snickers*

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Huh, so the Black Knight Assist Trophy is voiced by the same guy that voiced him in Fire Emblem Heroes. They even reuse the 'Here I go' clip.
Compared to his PoR and RD clips
I personally prefer the PoR and RD clips but then I'm heavily biased towards them.

Idon Idon mentioned yesterday the idea of what ones most wanted or main would have likely done in the cutscene for World of Light. Falco was already shown. Wolf would either have been like Falco and attempt to escape in his Wolfen or he would perhaps attempt to distract some of the tentacle things like in Starfox Assault when he distracts some of the Aparoids so Star Fox can get to the Aparoid Queen. Ganondorf and Galacta Knight would both likely straight up challenge the enemy with brute force. I'm surprised they didn't add Isabelle as Villager was there panicking and I'm sure she would have attempted to defend him.

Also, thanks to Ken, I think we can confirm now that echoes are literally just the names of clones made from Sm4sh onwards. They sometimes share idle animations with the character they're based on :ultlucina::ultdarkpit: and other times don't :ultdaisy::ultdarksamus: they can have differing heights :ultlucina: and movement speeds :ultken: they don't even have to share all attack animations with the character they're based on :ultchrom::ultken: and of course they can have different knockback properties on their moves :ultdarkpit: along with other properties like elements :ultdarkpit::ultchrom::ultken::ultdarksamus:(?). Taking all of this into account, :ultdoc: really should be an echo. His higher power, lower speed, electric fsmash, non-fire neutral special and unique animations like idle and dair are all things other echo fighters can claim too. I think he and other clones just aren't given the title since they were introduced to Smash before 4.

And lastly, does anyone have a link to whatever event was going on yesterday? I saw plenty of mentions of new final smashes and new victory themes and a showing of more palettes but I was on mobile on breaks so didn't wanna use up my data.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I will throw as much money as Sakurai wants at him and, if he doesn’t accept it, I’ll force feed it to him myself.

“Here, Sakurai! This is three weeks of gas money! Take it and make more ****! I’ll live my the Wii Fit Trainer’s motto and get fit by walking to work!! ”
“Hmmmmmphhm!!!”
“And this is grocery money for the next three months. My family will learn to find sustenance off SMASH!!”
“Moophjmjhhhhh!!!”
“Stop talking and take my money, dammit! And this! This is my daughter’s college fund! She will be an expert Smash player!!! ALL. THANKS. TO. YOU!!!! SHE WILL BE THE NEXT ZeRo!!! NOT A LAME DOCTOR OR SOMETHING SKLLY LIKE THAT!!!”
“HMBDHHZHZHZMMHG!!!!”

*Sakurai passes out due to so much yen shoved down his throat*

“And here’s my daily morning coffee money. Smash gives me all the caffeine I need to tackle the day. Take it, you filthy animal.”

*shoves 150 yen into his throat ($1.50) approx*

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So I'm thinking the 5 DLC characters there'll be a split between new DLC characters and characters they didn't have a chance to finish in the base game

Maybe exactly 50-50 if there's 2 3rd parties plus Geno.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990

We could've had this but instead we're getting Steve and a Japanese only gatcha mobile game character. At least we're probably getting Sora.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Furthermore, mods could artificially extend this.
Wasn't there a Brawl mod with like a hundred characters?

I will throw as much money as Sakurai wants at him and, if he doesn’t accept it, I’ll force feed it to him myself.

“Here, Sakurai! This is three weeks of gas money! Take it and make more ****! I’ll live my the Wii Fit Trainer’s motto and get fit by walking to work!! ”
“Hmmmmmphhm!!!”
“And this is grocery money for the next three months. My family will learn to find sustenance off SMASH!!”
“Moophjmjhhhhh!!!”
“Stop talking and take my money, dammit! And this! This is my daughter’s college fund! She will be an expert Smash player!!! ALL. THANKS. TO. YOU!!!! SHE WILL BE THE NEXT ZeRo!!! NOT A LAME DOCTOR OR SOMETHING SKLLY LIKE THAT!!!”
“HMBDHHZHZHZMMHG!!!!”

*Sakurai passes out due to so much yen shoved down his throat*

“And here’s my daily morning coffee money. Smash gives me all the caffeine I need to tackle the day. Take it, you filthy animal.”

*shoves 150 yen into his throat ($1.50) approx*
Venus, are you okay?

D

Deleted member

I can't believe Steve is a likely DLC character
Who knows?

Maybe the Minecraft content is a stage, some music and a few costumes that are part of a Microsoft-themed pack with Banjo as the fighter.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Oh and as for the DLC characters, I'll be getting the Fighters Pass. There's already characters I don't like in the game :ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultgreninja::ultroy: and even if I don't like the character, I could end up liking the moveset (like with Roy). Plus the best way to get practice against a character is to have them. Besides, I got Wolf, Falco, Ganon, 3 different Links to choose from, Meta Knight, Mewtwo, Robin, Roy, Chrom, Isabelle and whoever else I may end up liking...assuming Ultimate doesn't end up like Sm4sh where I only really like 1 character.

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
I don't know. I've always doubted Geno and thought people inflated his chance, and I see no reason to change that right now. Not that I have the best record with speculation, but I'm guessing that most people's predictions for DLC are way off, too. As for who I'd predict, is more or less a crap shoot.

I have a hunch toward Chun Li. Capcom has been very cooperative and I thought it was odd that Guile is in as an assist trophy but there's no sign of the first lady of fighting games.

I think Dixie Kong has a good chance, probably being the highest profile Nintendo character not yet in the game.

I will never rule out another FE character from Three Houses, but if I had my druthers, is rather have Anna who could represent all weapon types and then FE could go without reps for a game or two.

I don't expect any of the two Vergeben DLC predictions. No reason, just another hunch.

Rex from XC2 could be fifty-fifty. Sakurai was kind of ambiguous as to when DLC was decided. I'm leaning towards no Xenoblade rep, though.

I'm still not confident in BWD either. People talk about Sakurai bias, but I'm not certain that he thinks of BWD as anything more than the fourth wheel for lack of a more unique Kirby character in Return to Dreamland. But even that could be enough for him to be in Smash.

I suppose this post has been more about what I doubt than what I expect, but outside of Chun Li and Dixie, my gut isn't telling me anything else. I wouldn't put money on any of it though.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Alright. DLC predictions.

Bonus: Pirahna Plant.
1) Geno
2) Bandana Waddle Dee
3) Banjo
4) new fire emblem protagonist to coincide with new fire emblem game
5) new Pokémon to coincide with release of gen 8... Or Bonk.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I doubt we'll get a new Fire Emblem character. Sakurai only okay'd Corrin because he had potential and they can't cram a new one as an echo.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Mini-game for ya'll:

Who will you be fighting Galeem as (up to 6 as that's how many you were allowed to fight Tabuu with).
What song would you replace the Final Boss theme with, assuming you do so?
Is your reason for these choices have anything to do with the game's story/lore, or do you have other reasons?
Isabelle, Daisy, and possibly Inkling (and maybe Robin and Lucina) are who I'll fight him with. I don't know what song yet because I haven't heard very many of the songs yet. And my reason is because they're girls and they're cute/ pretty

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I doubt we'll get a new Fire Emblem character. Sakurai only okay'd Corrin because he had potential and they can't cram a new one as an echo.
Yeah, and if Rex and Spring Man were too late to be added as DLC, then - at least in this lot- I don't think 3 houses characters have a chance

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
I'm working on a better version, cause this one looks like garbage, but here's a version with Sora added
afterDLC-steve-sora.png

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DLC predictions:

1) Minecancer Steve
2) Heiachi
3) Fire Emblem 3 Houses Lead Character previously unseen
4) Geno
5) Maybe Banjo

Also, what did Vergeben say about the DLC characters? Cause am quite certain he's gonna be right this time as well. When I saw Ken and Incineroar, I basically threw out any hope I had left for Isaac because Vergeben said he'll be a AT beforehand. So am gonna swallow my pride yet again and take his word on this as well.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Hey, I'm almost thirty and I hope Steve and the "anime waifu" Katalina happen
Edit: that being said, I think the 90s videogame characters are awesome too

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To the people angry about Steve and the Plant (i am included):

It could have been worse.

How worse? Well, worse like Playstation All Stars Battle Royale.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
DLC predictions:

1) Minecancer Steve
2) Heiachi
4) Geno
5) Maybe Banjo

Also, what did Vergeben say about the DLC characters? Cause am quite certain he's gonna be right this time as well. When I saw Ken and Incineroar, I basically threw out any hope I had left for Isaac because Vergeben said he'll be a AT beforehand. So am gonna swallow my pride yet again and take his word on this as well.
He said something about one of his sources mentioning Granblue but none of us know what to make of it.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Thanks,
Just made one with my realistic predictionsView attachment 175308
And to be honest, if these were the charactrers, I would buy the Season Pass in a heartbeat...
I want all of them

Sora would mean that Disney's name would be in the copyright
Steve is a gaming icon and would have a very fun moveset
Katalina has a great design and another ice user is very well needed
Elma being a dual gun and sword user would make her very fun
and Ryu Hayabusa would round out the Third Party NES all stars
Probably would be my realistic choices as well, cept swap out katalina with maybe heihachi mishima, or jin kazama from tekken... OR any namco bandai rep really because from what i figure the granzella negotiations were far more recent so it was probably for a season 2.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He said something about one of his sources mentioning Granblue but none of us know what to make of it.
Then it's probably going to be just that.

Further speculation seems a lost hope at this point, and also frankly... boring.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
DLC predictions:

1) Minecancer Steve
2) Heiachi
4) Geno
5) Maybe Banjo

- Square-Enix Character will be First DLC he's sure of it
- He Actually heard SEVEN Square-Enix Characters names. Three of them are recurring more than the others and he already got deconfirmation about some of the seven names.
- Minecraft content possibly DLC
- He however didn't heard anything about Katalina, but he said that Hitagi is pretty much reliable
-Supposedly Sakurai favorise Guest/Third Parties from what he heard

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
To the people angry about Steve and the Plant (i am included):

It could have been worse.

How worse? Well, worse like Playstation All Stars Battle Royale.
Yeah, if Smash was handled like that game then we'd have Bad Boxart Mega Man and Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man and his teeth.

*shudder*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom