• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Glad Shulk's hair changes color now. It'll be easier to pretend that Reyn's playable.

We kind of sort of got a Violent Ken color? Or at least one that gives Ken a tan. Luckily Daigo Ken is in the game too.

Simon's alts are alright from what I can see of them.

R.I.P Fire Mario and Black Yoshi.

Mega Man didn't get anything new, but his alt colors are pretty good as is. Snake's new stuff is good.

Cloud and Pac-Man still got the worst ones.

No Classic Daisy's a bit meh.

Ridley's are pretty sick. I'm liking Dark Samus and Kanden Samus looks cool.

Ganondorf's alts get slowly better and better each game. Though one where he's straight up Hulk Green is funny.

McSpanker

Smash Cadet
Glad to know Sonic's alts are still awful. Half the reason I hoped for shadow was possible better alt's

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
So I thought of this: This is probably how the roster display will look like after DLC, fill this in with your predictions for what the DLC newcomers will be, so we can see how they look with the rest of the roster (don't judge the quality, I literally made this in ms paint)
afterDLC.png

D

Deleted member

Luigi’s Waluigi alt is back to having a purple L it seems. Plumber Wario’s buttons are also white again.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So I thought of this: This is probably how the roster display will look like after DLC, fill this in with your predictions for what the DLC newcomers will be, so we can see how they look with the rest of the roster (don't judge the quality, I literally made this in ms paint)
View attachment 175302
Two Mii Gunners?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I saw some people worried about nerfs earlier.

As an old timer, same concerns were present in Brawl and 4. Don't stress too much about it until the game is out and we actually know the meta.

Plus, patches.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Only thing that confuses me about Shantae is which parts of her are supposed to reference her being a half-genie except fire and transforming.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
View attachment 175302
Nice. There are to many mii fighters though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I saw some people worried about nerfs earlier.

As an old timer, same concerns were present in Brawl and 4. Don't stress too much about it until the game is out and we actually know the meta.

Plus, patches.
Yeah, I'm imagining some last minute balancing/glitch fixes might be done before launch. Maybe, so at best we might only get a bit of an idea on how characters are changed until the full release.

That said, I can't wait to see what character will be the hated SSS tier monster this time around.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, I'm imagining some last minute balancing/glitch fixes might be done before launch. Maybe, so at best we might only get a bit of an idea on how characters are changed until the full release.

That said, I can't wait to see what character will be the hated SSS tier monster this time around.
:ultpiranha: if it wasn't obvious.

EDIT: Or they just make Fox broken again, so nobody would complain.

Last edited:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Nia has a Mii costume.

Apparently Morag does as well.

And yet Rex's is DLC.

Anyone want to explain to me why Rex won't be DLC when Sakurai said he couldn't have been in the base game because of timing?
from what I am understanding people are under the assumption the DLC was chosen with the plans for the game in 2015 so He missed the cut for DLC at least that what I have been hearing

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I still kind of have some hope for Impa because of that one Yiga Mii costume. How derailed am I?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Nope. No word on it. Probably via world of light or just hitting certain milestones.
I’m guessing both.

Every Smash game has unlock by battle requirements, but this also feels like Great Maze a bit so I guess as you foght the characters as bosses in Spirits mode, you unlock them as well. Guess that means you encounter them in order.

D

Deleted member

In the end, Famitsu was right about the 108 stages.

I like my stages, so i am happy about that.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I made one of these.

(Also, not to ruin the CSS for everybody, but man it bothers me how small Mewtwo and Game & Watch are)
...why would you point that out.

Especially Mewtwo next to Ganondorf. I guess they really wanted that hand in.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
from what I am understanding people are under the assumption the DLC was chosen with the plans for the game in 2015 so He missed the cut for DLC at least that what I have been hearing
It's likely they planned them early because most of them are 3rd party and the contracts were negotiated early so development could start asap which is insiders have herd about the Square rep, the Granblue character and Steve.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am very scared that Minecancer Steve is indeed coming to Smash, and that's why I won't be tricked into buying that overly cheap 5 fighter package deal. I didn't even buy Ryu, Cloud and Bayonetta last time due to the salt. Now Sakurai wants my slavery credit to fuel his intense desire of adding **** characters? NOT HERE!

Also, am totally cool with Piranha Plant now. He's basically *hits blunt*- the character. And that's why am obligated to make it one of my secondaries, but one of the lesser used ones.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
When Nintendo handed out review copies of Smash 4 to certain YouTubers, did the copies have all the characters and other content unlocked from the start or was it like a normal copy of the game? Does anyone here remember?

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
This was probably already posted, but... is that really a Big alt?

It's the same colour scheme even down to the eyes. Instant main.
... Maybe, just maybe... NOPE!

I don't use heavyweights.

I don't use heavyweights.

I don't deal with heavyweights.

It's like water and oil, completely clashes with my game style, and always causes disappointment. Be gone temptation *runs away*

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Considering how there's 5 characters, if they're all being released like, a few months of each other and how early Audrey was shown off, I'm guessing we'll get "Hey, this character is out NOW! Also, TADAAAAA NEW TRAILERRRR" is how we'll learn about the dlc. Though idk if they'll accidentally leave leftover data ready for datamining

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Just seen the all color palette video before they took it down, gee I wonder why...

Shulk's new colors are awesome!
Lol they made Lime Villager like a little sassy black woman with those eyes and dark skin, definitely my second favorite Villager now.
Koopalings poses are cute. Peach still has a yellow color palette, I guess they aren't that creative.

Also I can't wait to do matches between the eight dolls, the four Fem Villagers, Pink Diddy, Bow Jigglypuff, Wendy and Purple Isabelle!

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
But chair theory was just analyzing two chairs that showed no real sign of relating to any game, these are actual Kingdom Hearts dice.

I mean maybe they have something to do with the character Luxord and Nintendo just have them around for some reason? I'm not very knowledgeably of KH either way. IDK, it seems unlikely to me that'd just be a coincidence.

I mean those are literally Kingdom Hearts dice
Dice? In the background!??
Kingdom Hearts 3.3 UHD ultra final mix post-final chapter wrap up + and Knuckles with Bennett Foddy confirmed for Switch.

D

Deleted member

I can see Sora as the SE rep, and Banjo joining as part of a Microsoft pack with a Minecraft stage.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Am very scared that Minecancer Steve is indeed coming to Smash, and that's why I won't be tricked into buying that overly cheap 5 fighter package deal. I didn't even buy Ryu, Cloud and Bayonetta last time due to the salt. Now Sakurai wants my slavery credit to fuel his intense desire of adding **** characters? NOT HERE!
He doesn't want you to spend your money on anything you don't want, that's why he explained you should be cautious before buying it (or don't).

I don't know why so many people act like he's trying to trick the fans.

D

Deleted member

He doesn't want you to spend your money on anything you don't want, that's why he explained you should be cautious before buying it (or don't).

I don't know why so many people act like he's trying to trick the fans.
I feel like a reveal similar to Mewtwo in the 50 facts video would have been better received (although i like how he explained this fighter pass).

Maybe just a test-render of some of the fighters included in the pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom