• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OreoSmasher777

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't be surprised if all the DLC characters were 3rd parties

I'm just trying to figure out who the 'Cloud' of this game is going to be
My Dream character (That will never happen) Is james bond. I dont know his origin I think it was books. but they never said no book characters. But no. The cloud will be sora

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Anyone noticed that the plant doesnt turn into petey but summons him snce you an see the plant walking in his FS
Yeah - completely missed that first time round. It's also kind of strange that Petey does that cage attack, which is exclusive to Smash and not in any Mario game. This, combined with the return of that tank/rhino guy in WoL makes it seem like they're bringing back most of the SSE bosses. Apparently you can see Rayquaza in the background, too. And Tabuu could be returning in some form ... maybe.

OreoSmasher777

Smash Cadet
Yeah - completely missed that first time round. It's also kind of strange that Petey does that cage attack, which is exclusive to Smash and not in any Mario game. This, combined with the return of that tank/rhino guy in WoL makes it seem like they're bringing back most of the SSE bosses. Apparently you can see Rayquaza in the background, too. And Tabuu could be returning in some form ... maybe.
The rhino guy is Galleom

Also im not sure what happens when you get caught in those cages.

Imagine if we got Tabuu as a reward for beating the adventure mode.

OreoSmasher777

Smash Cadet
Lol...

Ok so maybe we get minecraft stage for free?
Or we get a minecraft stage with Banjo-Kazooie If we get them. IF we are trusting Verge since at this point hes seems the type of guy with the light that we are following but would totally lead us into the dark. We didnt believe him but hes our source at this point. Im not trusting anything ever again until we have proof. Or we get Minecraft steve and the memes live on.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
You know, it's a slightly missed opportunity that it wasn't Mr. Saturn instead of Piranha Plant, after all he was on the banner all along!

I still love our precious plant though.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Sora
has been hinted to be revealed at the Game Awards by Spawnwave
While the two are comparable, I think the distinction is that we had no rumors or hints of Cloud to reasonably expect him (I think, there is tansut, but that was only clear in hindsight). I feel like given the rumors,

Sora and Steve

are the most likely ones. The other three, however, is still a complete mystery.

Also: are we using spoiler tags for rumors/hints now? That'll make things trickier than before, if that's the case.

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to make a bold prediction here. I predict the 5 DLC characters won't be characters who are already Spirits.
Here are my suggestions, based on what little I know so far -

Green (Gunstar Heroes), level - space (think the final scene), music - all that good gunstar music, plus stuff from other Treasure games, too.

Cecil (Final Fantasy), level - some place that’s relevant to FFII. Maybe that mountain where he transformed? music - music from the older FF/Square games (let’s throw in Chrono tracks, as well, why not?)

Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil), level - a run down Spanish haunted house. One of the houses from early in RE4, for instance. Music - RE music

Boo (Mario), level - a super mario bros (or mario kart) style spooky level. Music - spooky mario music

Captain Rainbow (Captain Rainbow), level - uhhh, whatever happened in this game. Music - whatever happened in this game. Plus themes from the oddball characters’ games, if they had any (excluding Punch-Out’s music).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So we Get Banjo Kazooie, a Minecraft stage and the music from Halo?

OreoSmasher777

Smash Cadet
DLC Predictions:

Banjo-Kazooie Stage: Minecraft stage Music: All dat beatiful music

Geno (WE SAW WFT TRAINER AS A SPIRIT IT ISNT DECONFIRMED) Stage: Anything for SMRPG Music: His theme

Captain Toad Stage: A cpt Toad stage Music: His game music

Rayman Stage: I dont play the games Music: Again I dont play the games

Bandana Waddle dee Stage: idk Music: Kirby star allies stage

Dreams:

Ganon (Ganondorf pig)

Koopa (Uses hammers like hammer bro, throws fire balls, Heavy but you can remove shell to be light)

Frogger

SSB_Chai

Smash Rookie
Yeah, we'll have to wait and see how things go. Sometimes a game is planned to only have this or that but then some changes are made and they decide to add more.
I have a decent feeling that if the DLC in this game outperforms the DLC of Smash 4 that there will be some financial pressure from Nintendo and hungry consumers to produce one more DLC pack either in 2020 or more likely in 2021. Given that the Switch has already outperformed the Wii U in sales, and that this game, the gen. 9 pokemon game, and other major console pushers coming down the line will increase the sales of the Switch even more, that this pipe dream of mine could become a reality.

I don't think Sakurai thinks about promoting new games when creating Smash characters, but part of me believes that part of the reason why Corrin was made a character was because the Fire Emblem series is popular with Nintendo fans, and that it would greatly help promote the game. It worked on me because I only got into Fire Emblem because of Smash, and I bought Awakening because I don't main characters in Smash if I haven't played their base game. Corrin looked like they had a cool move set, so Awakening was a given for me.

OreoSmasher777

Smash Cadet
When waluigi ddisconfirmed: dont ask for DLC you'll never get it AT trophies cant be promoted

I saac and shadow disconfirmed: WHAT SAKURAI YOU IDIOT WHY IDIOT YOU NOT ADDTHESE PERRRRFECT CHARACTERS GRDFHRSFGRERG

EDIT: im not saying everyone who wanted these characters are this way I have just met certain ppl and seen some youtubers reacting like this

Last edited:

ExitWound

Smash Journeyman
My Dream character (That will never happen) Is james bond. I dont know his origin I think it was books. but they never said no book characters. But no. The cloud will be sora
i'd sacrifice every newcomer and buy 3000 copies of the game if pierce brosnan GE64 bond got in

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
When waluigi ddisconfirmed: dont ask for DLC you'll never get it AT trophies cant be promoted

I saac and shadow disconfirmed: WHAT SAKURAI YOU IDIOT WHY IDIOT YOU NOT ADDTHESE PERRRRFECT CHARACTERS GRDFHRSFGRERG

EDIT: im not saying everyone who wanted these characters are this way I have just met certain ppl and seen some youtubers reacting like this
I'm not an Isaac fan but I can understand why they would be upset about it. From what I'm aware this could've been a great shot at getting another Golden Sun game.

link2702

Smash Champion
I’m sure it has been answered somewhere but I don’t feel like searching through nearly 100 new pages since I last checked....

So does anyone have any idea who created that fake grinch leak yet? Clearly someone had waaaay to much time on their hands...

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Pretty sure there is no evidence of this.
Maybe I'm just reading this wrong but:
Early Purchase Bonus: Piranha Plant takes root! The iconic enemy from the Super Marioseries is coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for early purchasers. Players can purchase the digital version of the game or register their physical game card on a Nintendo Switch device by Jan. 31, 2019, to gain access to this new fighter when it is available around February 2019 at no additional cost. Piranha Plant, together with a new stage and music tracks, will be available for purchase as DLC in the future. Fans can pre-purchase the game and secure the Piranha Plant reward starting today by visiting http://smashbros.nintendo.com/buy/.
Press release.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Just thought of something: with trophies confirmed to be gone, what reward(s) do you get for completing Classic mode? I'm assuming just gold, spirits and whatever unlockables may be tied to it (like getting Doc or Luigi by beating it as Mario). Traditional All Star is gone so it likely never ends and therefore you probably don't get anything from it outside of challenges and unlockables for certain amounts defeated, similar to Multi Man Melee.

And since my previous post got no acknowledgement whatsoever, we might not be getting a Pokemon Trainer/Squirtle/Ivysaur amiibo. There isn't one on the character lineup on Nintendo's site even though there is one for Pichu, who is owned by the same company and there's also one for Pirahna Plant even though it won't be in the base game.

OreoSmasher777

Smash Cadet
I'm not an Isaac fan but I can understand why they would be upset about it. From what I'm aware this could've been a great shot at getting another Golden Sun game.
Sakurai is a trickster or all we know hes coding in Felix or matthew at this very moment

OreoSmasher777

Smash Cadet
Just thought of something: with trophies confirmed to be gone, what reward(s) do you get for completing Classic mode? I'm assuming just gold, spirits and whatever unlockables may be tied to it (like getting Doc or Luigi by beating it as Mario). Traditional All Star is gone so it likely never ends and therefore you probably don't get anything from it outside of challenges and unlockables for certain amounts defeated, similar to Multi Man Melee.

And since my previous post got no acknowledgement whatsoever, we might not be getting a Pokemon Trainer/Squirtle/Ivysaur amiibo. There isn't one on the character lineup on Nintendo's site even though there is one for Pichu, who is owned by the same company and there's also one for Pirahna Plant even though it won't be in the base game.
Spirits although it would be awesome for music tracks

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Random question, but: why is Piranha Plant a 'he'? :confused:
A lot of people default to "he" when talking about things without gender or with unknown gender. It's not really a sexism thing or whatever, it just sounds a bit less awkward then using neutral pronouns all the time.

Jolt_91

Smash Cadet
I guess Banjo and Kazooie would get their own stage, as previous dlc newcomers.
I also guess PP doesn't come with a stage

OreoSmasher777

Smash Cadet
A lot of people default to "he" when talking about things without gender or with unknown gender. It's not really a sexism thing or whatever, it just sounds a bit less awkward then using neutral pronouns all the time.
I like to call it The plant

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
My early predictions for DLC:
Sora (Disney owns him, not Square), Geno (actual square rep), Bandana Dee, Banjo, and... uh, idk, Dixie?
Our remaining character pool is getting pretty shallow. That says something about how big this game is (and how big the AT massacre was)

OreoSmasher777

Smash Cadet
I guess Banjo and Kazooie would get their own stage, as previous dlc newcomers.
I also guess PP doesn't come with a stage
Early Purchase Bonus: Piranha Plant takes root! The iconic enemy from the Super Marioseries is coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for early purchasers. Players can purchase the digital version of the game or register their physical game card on a Nintendo Switch device by Jan. 31, 2019, to gain access to this new fighter when it is available around February 2019 at no additional cost. Piranha Plant, together with a new stage and music tracks, will be available for purchase as DLC in the future.

Read the bit in bold.

TheBlue10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SweetBlueMemory
3DS FC
2466-7799-9439
Switch FC
SW 2878-1317-0108
Random question, but: why is Piranha Plant a 'he'? :confused:
Piranha Plant is one of those ambiguous characters to me, so he can be either a he or a she, depending on the person.

OreoSmasher777

Smash Cadet
Primal Cookie Primal Cookie

Characters I want (SSBU):
Shovel Knight (RIP) Ashley (RIP) Bandana Dee Rex & Pyra Waluigi (RIP) Shadow Magnus Isaac

You may need to change some stuff Since
) Rex isaac and shadow deconfirmed

Piranha Plant is one of those ambiguous characters to me, so he can be either a he or a she, depending on the person.
I like to call it either non-binary or the plant?

Plants dont have genders so uh......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom